Deer dogs PreBan - stories and pics!

Best dog I ever seen on roe was a dog I owned back in the day, he stood at 26tts and was heavily built (not sing what weight) he was a saluki collie greyhound and knew his job very well. He was a very pacey dog but his success as a deer dog came from his techniques, he would run up along side roe and through himself into the rib area and had them on the round regularly. A lot of people go on about "how fast their dogs are" but in reality it's all about a dog using it's brain, techniques and strategies. Pictures can be seen.

Atb Conran

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

should have put the crow out of its misery soon as mate,not watch for twenty minutes jmo

S h h, I think the point jf1970 is making is while your dog may have been playing with the crow for 20 mins, do you think the crow was having a ball? It's like a cat playing with a mouse, pouncing on

Can we get back to good old deer coarsing tales. Much more amusing than judging and fact fighting!!!

Posted Images

Best dog I ever seen on roe was a dog I owned back in the day, he stood at 26tts and was heavily built (not sing what weight) he was a saluki collie greyhound and knew his job very well. He was a very pacey dog but his success as a deer dog came from his techniques, he would run up along side roe and through himself into the rib area and had them on the round regularly. A lot of people go on about "how fast their dogs are" but in reality it's all about a dog using it's brain, techniques and strategies. Pictures can be seen.

Atb Conran

Suppose meat on the floor is meat on the floor. But I just like shit done grab at first chance(sometimes only chance) anywhere. And no speed don't come into it when your dealing with open land educated roe no. Thing could have brains of a chimp and techniques like Bruce Lee but he gets on decent open land roe he's getting smoked if he anit got pace simple as that.
  • Like 1

Atb Conran

Suppose meat on the floor is meat on the floor. But I just like shit done grab at first chance(sometimes only chance) anywhere. And no speed don't come into it when your dealing with open land educated roe no. Thing could have brains of a chimp and techniques like Bruce Lee but he gets on decent open land roe he's getting smoked if he anit got pace simple as that.
the dog wouldn't get the chance to get beside them down here

Depends where you are, if they have been run by numpties with shite dogs every day, maybe not.

Cheers, D.

if I ran the roe by my house I could have 2-3 in an hour but parts by You couldn't get a run day or night what ever the weather

I thought you just had a staff?

Depends where you are, if they have been run by numpties with shite dogs every day, maybe not.

Cheers, D.

if I ran the roe by my house I could have 2-3 in an hour but parts by You couldn't get a run day or night what ever the weather
for the minute, its a pre ban thread and just because I only have a staff don't mean shit

Cheers, D.

for the minute, its a pre ban thread and just because I only have a staff don't mean shit

:laugh: preban

So it should read, if I had ran the roe by my house (when I was 11) I could have had 2-3 in an hour, but parts you wouldn't have got a run day or night.....