LAMPING UP THE DALES

It's a bit of everything in truth iceman,walls,sheep fencing,pastures,hills,rocky,slate,bracken and even open moorland strewn with rabbit warrens,some ground is obviously easier than others as for missing much,i'd like to think the dogs would catch far more than they would miss lol.ATB Andy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done mate.

murder when the bats go on you , me mate owns a alarm company and they replace the dry cell bats , nowt wrong with the old one its just a safty reason 7amp , 14amp and the 17amp witch lasts all night

We'll have to do a house swap Tomo im 40 min from the Dales and your forty mins from were i run :laugh: Good going lads

It's a bit of everything in truth iceman,walls,sheep fencing,pastures,hills,rocky,slate,bracken and even open moorland strewn with rabbit warrens,some ground is obviously easier than others as for missing much,i'd like to think the dogs would catch far more than they would miss lol.ATB Andy.

Really good going for this time off the year dogs will only get fitted and better god help your poor backs lol

Edited by iceman001979
Guest born to run1083
well done lads. made my 19 look a bit poor.

not realy mate,, you can only catch whats there,, its just up there , there are plenty

the lay of the land and the Walls and stuff are also a major advantage up north, miss the long drives up there. how yours dogs bred tomo. I think you would agree the main thing with running up there is stamina and recovery rates. that has the biggest effect to the end bag

not realy mate,, you can only catch whats there,, its just up there , there are plenty

Yeh that's true Tomo ..We ran out of time and bunnies last night at 19..so its not a bad night Trigger..I'm certain if you took the old boy up North for a night with Tomo we would do the same amount with a bit of luck.

we,ll just have to wait for the Royal Invite one night this winter maybe... nudge nudge wink wink.

Anyway all said and done Tomo...nice one mate ..your dogs must be in tip top condition and are a credit to you.

happy hunting.

Vin

the lay of the land and the Walls and stuff are also a major advantage up north, miss the long drives up there. how yours dogs bred tomo. I think you would agree the main thing with running up there is stamina and recovery rates. that has the biggest effect to the end bag

of course the land helps,, same as anywhere,, your not likly to get massive bags on a golf course.

one dogs a kelpie x whipp/grey,, the other is bitsa,, with coursing lines on the dames side, and minshaw on the sires side

Yeh that's true Tomo ..We ran out of time and bunnies last night at 19..so its not a bad night Trigger..I'm certain if you took the old boy up North for a night with Tomo we would do the same amount with a bit of luck.

we,ll just have to wait for the Royal Invite one night this winter maybe... nudge nudge wink wink.

Anyway all said and done Tomo...nice one mate ..your dogs must be in tip top condition and are a credit to you.

happy hunting.

Vin

i think its quite clear triggers dog would do well up there mate,, it obvously catches well in his location with some big scores.

most dogs would do well up there, the main thing is staminar, or perhaps quik recovery between runs, wich is a lamp dogs biggest asset.

no matter what the ground his,, the main thing his the owner who puts the effort in to take the dogs to that a mount of game,,

well said jim,,, evrybody with a car who poaches,, can get amongst them if they wish

very good going that tomo...................could only dream of hitting them sort numbers let alone having the dog fit enough to run them,makes me smile when i think im getting my own bitch fit and then seeing pics like that reminds me she not even close :laugh::thumbs:

You live in different country mate, you would do well to see that many sitting far enough out to run them in our part of the world dont forget.

As always, well done TOMO, Andy etc that is a top night and a real credit to your hounds and how you handle them.

Love to see your accounts of your nights in the dales, keep them coming lads :victory: