LAMPING UP THE DALES

had a look up the dales for the first time this season last night on one of my farms, with asd , and his son ,had 3 dogs with us. the two sisters Venus and Swift, and my older bitch Tara,

the wind was blowing well and the dogs were catching well, and by the time we stoped for a breather and give the dogs a drink in the stream there was 27 rabbits cought. so we moved on in a big circle adding more bunnys to the bag , by the time we got back to the stream we had 41 or 42.

we had a good rest and legged all the rabbits up on the game carrier. and made our way along the bottom fields back to the motor. when we arrived at the motor we had 49,,, and i was fecked with coming up the hill with 20 on me back,,,, but theres no way your going to stop with 49 :icon_redface: so after another good rest we headed off again,, but after 10 mins both our batteries had gone :censored: fecking 10 amp litium, mind you it had lasted 3 hours.

when we did the 100, we only took 26 rabbits of this part of the farm, had the batteries not died, a great bag could have been achieved, but theres always next time.

so we counted up and legged them on the gate for a pic :D 52 was the final tally,,, venus and swift getting the majority and tara getting 10-15 or so.

a good night all in all.. pics to be added later

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done mate.

murder when the bats go on you , me mate owns a alarm company and they replace the dry cell bats , nowt wrong with the old one its just a safty reason 7amp , 14amp and the 17amp witch lasts all night

We'll have to do a house swap Tomo im 40 min from the Dales and your forty mins from were i run :laugh: Good going lads

Thanks for the run out Tomo,it was a decent shift for us guys even considering the batteries let us down :censored: ..dogs ran ok for this time of year,improvement is pretty much assured i'd hope? It was good to see plenty of bunnies on the ground,it bodes well for future trips HOPEFULLY? Unfortunately the pics are rubbish,we forgot the camera :icon_redface: ..these were off the phone but i guess you can get the gist of things lol..cheers again matey,we appreciate the invites and always enjoy the banter :victory: .ATB Andy.

2011-09-07035541.jpg

2011-09-07035437-1.jpg

good . thats a canny haul , thats getting them dogs fit , no dog in at the moment meself but by god am i missing it, i get ivites all the time and i do have a dodge out but its not the same is it when you havnt a dog, pup coming soon ,

Yeah,i can see your point doggy bag but atleast your still keeping your foot in so to speak until the pup arrives ;) ..oh and i got a brand new battery today Tomo so hopefully we may not have the mishap of flat batteries next time or atleast not as early in the night haha. ATB Andy.