Bellman and flint

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly think that they are an overpriced item ,they have a service to provide but updating them every year to a newer model is beyond any working mans purse strings

what happens when your dog is down 10 foot and loced solid and not a peep from him .You will be glad you invested n a box then ,aint that right pal

It was made to a larger size on purpose.So that in wet and cold conditions when its covered in mud and your hands are freezing cold it is a lot easier to use.The software is much better its more accur

It was made to a larger size on purpose.So that in wet and cold conditions when its covered in mud and your hands are freezing cold it is a lot easier to use.The software is much better its more accurate and none of the numbers

fluctuating.The accuracy is superb,no more digging past the tube.Just straight down onto the

dogs back.Its something that you will realise

once used on numerous digs.A far superior

piece of kit in my opinion.

I was just wondering, Do you think the positioning of the collar and ensuring it's placed in the correct way on the dog can alter readings as to were you finish over a dog ? I hunt with fellas that say it doesn't make a difference which way a collar is placed on a dogs neck yet it clearly states there is an correct/incorrect way to use a b+f collar ?

It was made to a larger size on purpose.So that in wet and cold conditions when its covered in mud and your hands are freezing cold it is a lot easier to use.The software is much better its more accurate and none of the numbers

fluctuating.The accuracy is superb,no more digging past the tube.Just straight down onto the

dogs back.Its something that you will realise

once used on numerous digs.A far superior

piece of kit in my opinion.

I was just wondering, Do you think the positioning of the collar and ensuring it's placed in the correct way on the dog can alter readings as to were you finish over a dog ? I hunt with fellas that say it doesn't make a difference which way a collar is placed on a dogs neck yet it clearly states there is an correct/incorrect way to use a b+f collar ?

It clearly states the correct position a collar should be on the dog.It gives a better signal when placed on the side of the neck.The signal spirals directly upward and downwards when placed in the correct position.When its placed under the dogs neck or on top it sends a signal spiralling to the left and right so giving a signal in a much wider area.They tell you the correct position for a reason!

My mates just got one, like has been said no sound and they read in feet which is another plus. I've got two boxes and two collars still fully working so it'll be a while before I havto dig deep and buy one of the new ones... :D

WHY WHAT DIFFERENCE IF IT READS IN FEET OR METERS ON THE BOX ?????.......... YOU STILL JUST HAVE TO DIG IT SURE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Like 1

Yes I totally agree with you there. Though on different occasions when in the field and swapping collars over onto different dogs, I've seen and know people that dont give a rats ass which way the collar is positioned and have argued my point about it. This new box sounds to be an (obviously) improvement on the older one. Though I have no issues with the older one myself, maybe alot of different views and experiences people are having on the old one is incorrect positioning of the collar, on there behalf ???

My mates just got one, like has been said no sound and they read in feet which is another plus. I've got two boxes and two collars still fully working so it'll be a while before I havto dig deep and buy one of the new ones... :D

WHY WHAT DIFFERENCE IF IT READS IN FEET OR METERS ON THE BOX ?????.......... YOU STILL JUST HAVE TO DIG IT SURE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Just easier to read in feet for some of us dummies... :icon_redface::laugh:

Guest GoneToGround1

been using 1 for 3 weeks now definetly an improvement on the old box. i wouldnt sell my barryvox for a bellman though im happy with my barryvox and id choose it over the new bellman too only thing the new bellman got better than a barryvox IMO is feet and inches, but i dont even like using the bellman in feet and inches its just my opinion some of you may be different.

ive been using barryvox and b f collar for 3 years and found it a exellent peice of kit why has b f changed from the pieps box? but when i sarted using my barry vox last week iys reading about 20% higher ie 1m is 1.2 2m is 2.4 anyone no why this would be

I got the old b&f collar and box. When I look at the reading, I always assume the dig to the bottom of the tube will be + .3 as the collar is on the side of the dogs neck. & some of the places you could fit a beagle in.