shooting english partridges

Well thats what happens when you know what your doing..........stick around and i might teach you some stuff. :yes:

And i mean that sincerely folks...... :thumbs:

Can you give a call whistle without using your fingers? I've never managed to master that particular art.

That about all you can teach me if you know how of course. :huh:

No i cant do that,..................sorry!!!

Can you give a call whistle without using your fingers? I've never managed to master that particular art.

Thats probably because of the plum in your mouth...

Out of interest Greek Phil, what is your background when it comes to gamekeeping/shoot management. You seem to class yourself as a bit of an expert and it seems that you try to belittle anyone else that has a different opinion to you.

As for shooting english partrdige...

Unless you have a shootable surplus then they shouldnt be shot at all. The game conservancy can provide alot of information on what your shootable surplus may be on a given piece of ground. Releasing reared greys is not the way to boost numbers unless there is no wild pair on the site what so ever. As said, hard work is the way forward... vermin control, feeding through into spring, providing suitable habitat and more vermin control!!

Thats probably because of the plum in your mouth...

Out of interest Greek Phil, what is your background when it comes to gamekeeping/shoot management. You seem to class yourself as a bit of an expert and it seems that you try to belittle anyone else that has a different opinion to you.

As for shooting english partrdige...

Unless you have a shootable surplus then they shouldnt be shot at all. The game conservancy can provide alot of information on what your shootable surplus may be on a given piece of ground. Releasing reared greys is not the way to boost numbers unless there is no wild pair on the site what so ever. As said, hard work is the way forward... vermin control, feeding through into spring, providing suitable habitat and more vermin control!!

I agree with you mostly mate......but if there are no wild pairs where you are i'm afraid you will have to release reared birds to get a few pairs established on the grounds. This is why i said having a 5 year not shooting plan on the ground.... :thumbs: Once you have a few pairs on the ground then its quite easy to put small pens of 10/15 greys in a small pen in the areas where you have seen a barren pair. Within days, maybe even hours the pair will be around your pen and you can simply open the door and let them take them away. Job done... ;)

Phil, are you intent in turning all threads into arguments?

was going to say the same i asked the question about english not who knows more than the other one!!!

Well i hope thats not a dig at me too mate. I've tried to answer your question as good as i can, cant help it if numb nuts keeps trying to stick his 'over educated' nose in... :thumbs:

Phil, are you intent in turning all threads into arguments?

was going to say the same i asked the question about english not who knows more than the other one!!!

Well i hope thats not a dig at me too mate. I've tried to answer your question as good as i can, cant help it if numb nuts keeps trying to stick his 'over educated' nose in... :thumbs:

not at ypu lab thanks for youre answers!!!

I ban shooting all partridges. We have a large stock of avian raptors, until we are allowed to control them its a waste of time trying to reintroduce them IMHO but it has been done by some estates operating under Higher Level Stewardship schemes. In the past we have released up to 500 a year, shot them with the pheasants when we saw them, returns were about 20-25 a year, the rest had been had by the sparrow hawks.

A

I ban shooting all partridges. We have a large stock of avian raptors, until we are allowed to control them its a waste of time trying to reintroduce them IMHO but it has been done by some estates operating under Higher Level Stewardship schemes. In the past we have released up to 500 a year, shot them with the pheasants when we saw them, returns were about 20-25 a year, the rest had been had by the sparrow hawks.

A

In all fairness thats not bad an average if you are just shooting them with the pheasants. To get any kind of decent return you need to shoot them in sept early on and hard to get your return.... :thumbs: