Sign in to follow this  
FOXHUNTER

Teckels

Guest oldskool
foxy my mate got a bavairian mountain hound funny looking f****r but it blood trails well at 9mnths

DSCF00013.jpg

i have a stalking video with one of those in it... shows him tracking shot deer...

i've seen a few of those teckles about!! i thought they were just wire haired dachsunds??? are they of a similar breeding???

foxy my mate got a bavairian mountain hound funny looking f****r but it blood trails well at 9mnths

DSCF00013.jpg

i have a stalking video with one of those in it... shows him tracking shot deer...

i've seen a few of those teckles about!! i thought they were just wire haired dachsunds??? are they of a similar breeding???

Yes they are wire haired dachshunds, but teckel is the original continental name for the breed before they were initially imported to the uk and then misnamed after one of the jobs they did!

Teckels also aren't KC registered and in the uk are usually descended from continetal working stock and have a better constitution and are slightly leggier and more agile (not fecked up like the kc breed)

Hope that clarifies :thumbs:

Guest Leveller

When they hit a line there is no stopping them!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't believe how fast those little legs can carry these game dogs.

I wouldn't leave home without my spade anymore either :clapper:

post-33-1187597957_thumb.jpg

post-33-1187597972_thumb.jpg

post-33-1187597977.jpg

DSCF00013.jpg

They are called Bayrischer Gebirgsschweishund....I've been out with them in Poland a good few times and they are superb! They work in small packs frm what I've seen and they are keen as.

I have just moved back to the UK and I have a teckel dog, bought in France. He will be 2 in March, has a fantastic nose and has a very nice nature. I would like to hear from anyone who is interested in teckels and breeding. Midlands based.

Does anyone run them with other hounds/ cross breds etc?

as i like them but wouldnt want to leave them standing! However the people who run them say they can travel fast enough when hunting.

They seem to be a great companion for a stalker, and much less to feed than a big pointer. But how do they compare to a beagle or cross-bred for hunting, and are they single minded or do they work well in a pack????

Cheers

DnN

DSCF00013.jpg

They are called Bayrischer Gebirgsschweishund....I've been out with them in Poland a good few times and they are superb! They work in small packs frm what I've seen and they are keen as.

Ive only heard good things about these small hounds, are they still very hard to find in UK?

a mate of mine has four of them and is using them on deer underground fox and rabbits he swears buy them. maybe a bit head strong if there on a sent but great little dogs. he often breeds from his i will ask if there are any due :hmm:

Guest remmy

hi iam just putting my four year old bitch in pup should be ready about august if anyone is interested, i have posted a few pics in the deer stalking threads.heres a few pics.

THIS IS MOLL 12 WEEKS.

000_0282.jpg

100_0956.jpg

000_0472.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0978-1.jpg

Edited by remmy

Great to see people in the UK have working teckles, I'm looking for a pup at the moment, needs to be from a working strain close to continental bloodlines.

Please give me a shout if anyone knows of a litter.

im sure there was something in a recent copy of earth dog running dog about them got ive got a book about a man in america who has done a study on tracking deer for years & im sure thats what he uses

The articals are by Colin Didriksen, the breeder of my young teckel, which is pictured in the first artical, Colin is a very knowageable dog man and author of Country Mischief, he also has a bit of a controvertial letter in this month issue as well about teckels

SANY0591-1.jpg

Colin and a group of friends in scotland have a nucleaus of imported working teckels and are breeding purly for working ability

John

whats the controversial letter for those of us who dont buy the EDRD!

Compo

Nothing myself and you havn't talked about already Compo, old gound to us , blah blah blah, you know what I mean

Edited by john hubery