Teckels

Guest oldskool
foxy my mate got a bavairian mountain hound funny looking f****r but it blood trails well at 9mnths

DSCF00013.jpg

i have a stalking video with one of those in it... shows him tracking shot deer...

i've seen a few of those teckles about!! i thought they were just wire haired dachsunds??? are they of a similar breeding???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ferreting Sunday. He likes sitting on the ferret box! He is 5 months old and is trying to shag everything at the moment   My Pup out of Ruger8's bitch and Capreolus's dog!  

Posted Images

foxy my mate got a bavairian mountain hound funny looking f****r but it blood trails well at 9mnths

DSCF00013.jpg

i have a stalking video with one of those in it... shows him tracking shot deer...

i've seen a few of those teckles about!! i thought they were just wire haired dachsunds??? are they of a similar breeding???

Yes they are wire haired dachshunds, but teckel is the original continental name for the breed before they were initially imported to the uk and then misnamed after one of the jobs they did!

Teckels also aren't KC registered and in the uk are usually descended from continetal working stock and have a better constitution and are slightly leggier and more agile (not fecked up like the kc breed)

Hope that clarifies :thumbs:

Guest Leveller

When they hit a line there is no stopping them!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't believe how fast those little legs can carry these game dogs.

I wouldn't leave home without my spade anymore either :clapper:

post-33-1187597957_thumb.jpg

post-33-1187597972_thumb.jpg

post-33-1187597977.jpg

DSCF00013.jpg

They are called Bayrischer Gebirgsschweishund....I've been out with them in Poland a good few times and they are superb! They work in small packs frm what I've seen and they are keen as.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone run them with other hounds/ cross breds etc?

as i like them but wouldnt want to leave them standing! However the people who run them say they can travel fast enough when hunting.

They seem to be a great companion for a stalker, and much less to feed than a big pointer. But how do they compare to a beagle or cross-bred for hunting, and are they single minded or do they work well in a pack????

Cheers

DnN

DSCF00013.jpg

They are called Bayrischer Gebirgsschweishund....I've been out with them in Poland a good few times and they are superb! They work in small packs frm what I've seen and they are keen as.

Ive only heard good things about these small hounds, are they still very hard to find in UK?
  • 4 weeks later...

hi iam just putting my four year old bitch in pup should be ready about august if anyone is interested, i have posted a few pics in the deer stalking threads.heres a few pics.

THIS IS MOLL 12 WEEKS.

000_0282.jpg

100_0956.jpg

000_0472.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0978-1.jpg

Edited by remmy

The articals are by Colin Didriksen, the breeder of my young teckel, which is pictured in the first artical, Colin is a very knowageable dog man and author of Country Mischief, he also has a bit of a controvertial letter in this month issue as well about teckels

SANY0591-1.jpg

Colin and a group of friends in scotland have a nucleaus of imported working teckels and are breeding purly for working ability