new permission last night. then the police come

Out of interest, when you call in to log your movement with old bill, do they ask for any kind of proof that where you are going you have permission?

i went to the plod shop, showed them my permission and they gave me an incident number, then whenever i went after that time, i called, quoted the number and told them how long i'd be there. that was all i had to do :)

Ah, see i was thinking, next time i go poaching, i could ring up old bill first and let them know i'm off out on my 'permission' and if anyone gets on the blower to them they won't turn up. . . . . sounds good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly , more and more drivel gets posted on here ...........

Why would all that happen you've got air-rifles mun...........sometimes Mole I wonder if your actually for real.   ps don't get your missus to come on and tell me off.  

im working on this farm and they asked me if I knew someone to do pest control on their and their dads farms.

I replied yes me then we went for a drive about on monday to show me the boundaries and the do and don'ts

there is about 2000acres and last night when I went to do abit of shooting i got there about 7 and set the gun up went for a drive about 8:30

it was all going well shot 7 rabbits and 3 pigeons then i was on the way to go have a cuppa at the house at about 11pm just as i pulled out of the gate and the police come out of nowhere with blue light on so I got out to to see what they wanted he said you're taking game without permission .so I got the permission letter out and he laughed and said did you write that . I replied no you can check.He said don't you worry im going to .so off we went we got to the house to see tim out with his dogs the police aksed tim if he give me permission .he replied yes so that was that we get back to the truck then he sed just got to give your truck a look over so by this point i was well pissed but what can you do

i will tell you what you can do,although its not required by law!

is phone your local police station ask them to put you through to the control room.

and ask for a URN number ( Unique Reference Number)

tell them you are doing some pest control at the said address,using an Air Rifle!

they will take your details,and index number.and in return you get that number.this way you just tell the police when they turn up the number.and they will leave you to it!!

that's what i do, mainly when i am at permissions that are close to the public!

good luck on your next outing!!

regards

Davy

Who said we are in a policed state when you have to tell the police of your movements when doing legal activities.

Thanks all for falling into the groove on this, soon you will be calling them to go to Asda's.

It's more for your own peace of mind, good example ! Your driving home at 3.30am, you get stopped from the local bill & your in combat gear & the boot of your car / jeep etc is full of rabbits, air rifles etc, if you dont have the sence to phone the local plods & tell them in advance that your going onto land that you have permission to shoot on, what vehicle your driving your personal details etc, them you could have a problem explaining where you have been, poaching by any chance ! your just going to give yourself hassle for the price of a phone call - another thing if your on land shooting & your vehicle gets nicked & the plods give chase etc, as they know that your car should be parked up somewhere , or they come across your car parked somewhere unattended secluded in the mid of the night !

Do yourself a favour phone the old bill on there control number & advice them in advance , commonsence when you think about it.

Edited by vizlauk
  • Like 1

At the end of the day its whatever works to keep things running smoothly in the areas you live and shoot in. I dont know of anyone in the areas I shoot over, and thats a big area, that calls the police to give them a heads up. I could understand in other areas of the country where there is a lot of illegal hunting activity close to densly populated areas, and a call to the police is neither wasting their time or yours.

I do however text one of the local shoot owners If im shooting near his pens, so that he knows its me and doesn't waste hours and diesel driving round thinking someone is poaching his birds.

Who said we are in a policed state when you have to tell the police of your movements when doing legal activities.

Thanks all for falling into the groove on this, soon you will be calling them to go to Asda's.

I imagine that a police helicopter using and IR trained searchlight, several ARV units, including the 4x4 ARV, several police dogs, several policemen waving Heckler and Koch MP5 sub machine guns, or whatever they are armed with, would have severe detrimental effects on the permission for hours, I also have no wishes to breakdance by taser or be locked up for hours as they try to track down the permission holders, who at the moment are busy harvesting...

I imagine that a police helicopter using and IR trained searchlight, several ARV units, including the 4x4 ARV, several police dogs, several policemen waving Heckler and Koch MP5 sub machine guns, or whatever they are armed with, would have severe detrimental effects on the permission for hours, I also have no wishes to breakdance by taser or be locked up for hours as they try to track down the permission holders, who at the moment are busy harvesting...

:icon_eek:

Why would all that happen you've got air-rifles mun...........sometimes Mole I wonder if your actually for real.

ps don't get your missus to come on and tell me off.

:laugh:

• Like 2

If they are stupid enough to use all that on someone using an airrifle or even poaching then they deserved to have their time wasted.

If they can use all that hardware and resources for that how come they couldn't stop the riots?

It's more for your own peace of mind, good example ! Your driving home at 3.30am, you get stopped from the local bill & your in combat gear & the boot of your car / jeep etc is full of rabbits, air rifles etc, if you dont have the sence to phone the local plods & tell them in advance that your going onto land that you have permission to shoot on, what vehicle your driving your personal details etc, them you could have a problem explaining where you have been, poaching by any chance ! your just going to give yourself hassle for the price of a phone call - another thing if your on land shooting & your vehicle gets nicked & the plods give chase etc, as they know that your car should be parked up somewhere , or they come across your car parked somewhere unattended secluded in the mid of the night !

Do yourself a favour phone the old bill on there control number & advice them in advance , commonsence when you think about it.

I would rather have to explain to them about being on land than give them more details about my movements.

They would collect information on you and then when new legislation comes in on airguns etc, they will be knocking on your door.

Never before have they need this information so why now, think about it.

The single best thing that could happen to "legal" airgunner's is that everyone of us informed the local plod where with what and when we were shooting. As it would show statistics that there are many more responsible shooters than irresponsible ones. Rather that signing on-line petitions every time a little chav b*****d shoots his mate or neighbours dog etc and the papers get the story and brand every airgun owner in the same way..They all go on statistics these day's so why don't we give then the real figures? If you done inform the plod you are either LAZY, STUPID or ILLEGAL.. maybe all three..

My life was potentially saved by me informing the police where I was when illegal poachers were firing 308 rifles into my permission while I was stalking some bunny's, I could hear the shots but dare not move incase I was shot. The farmer called the police just before I did, thinking I had gone shooting saying I was using an air rifle but instead firing a bloody centerfire. They called me as I left my mobile and asked what I was doing. I explained the situation and described how best to get to the illegal shooters and how to block them in. This they did and caught three twat's from Birmingham with a jeep full of guns and ammo. none of them had a FAC the jeep contained two gun's that were reported as stolen, one of which was a Theoben Rapid MK1 .22 air rifle. so in my personal experience the Police were fantastic.

I drive a highly tuned Nissan Silvia, my other expensive bloody hobby and the traffic police are usually twat's that think I am a boy racer and talk to me like a 17 year old who's just passed his test. This pisses me off no end but I show them I have declared all the mod's to my insurance and point out I have had a clean licence for 13 years and just happen to like fast cars. They always back down and it ends up with them leaving on a good note, and now the local plod give me the thumb's up father that blue lights and a speech. IMO the best result.

Is it really that hard? and rather than falling into the groove, it's basic behaviour of living in a society. of which we ALL benefit in some way just like the forum society who use mods to keep the peace so really we have no reason to be so anti police/mods etc. As I bet the people who say the police are twat's and have no other out look on them would be the first to call them if there car was stolen while out shooting! because they pay their taxes and it's their right!! or contact a mod about some twat taking money for goods advertised on the forum but not sending the goods.

We all have our gripes about the government and police and mods (AG BBS) etc, but just look at the countries like South Africa where the police/Government are corrupt and there is no law control and gun crime is so prolific no one knows who is good bad or indifferent would you like to live there?

Call my bluff and everyone call the plod and tell them of there shooting whereabouts and who they are etc. ask the local police super or firearms officer to keep a record at every station of the declaration of legal airgun shooters and there details for 12 months, then gather it all and see where the anti airgun brigade stand then! we have no excuse. If permission is so hard to get because someone already has it, then a massive percentage of the country's shooting applicable ground must have legal permissions granted. so the stat's should be there if we all can be arsed to do the sensible thing. Gun clubs Forum owners/mods could help by contacting the police forces.. But I suppose it's easier to sit at the laptop and moan like f**k..

I usually just browse the forums and keep quiet but today I feel I can have a bit of a say on this one. I have permission on thousands of acres across Cornwall and north Devon, and come across lot's of keen people who want to go shooting safely and professionally but are put off by the stigma of guns and their owners.

I have introduced five friends to the sport and got them their own permissions. I advise them to keep in touch with the police in their area and they are all still enjoying shooting with no hassles, especially from the plod.

Rant over.. be safe folk's and legal..lol

• Like 1

The single best thing that could happen to "legal" airgunner's is that everyone of us informed the local plod where with what and when we were shooting. As it would show statistics that there are many more responsible shooters than irresponsible ones. Rather that signing on-line petitions every time a little chav b*****d shoots his mate or neighbours dog etc and the papers get the story and brand every airgun owner in the same way..They all go on statistics these day's so why don't we give then the real figures? If you done inform the plod you are either LAZY, STUPID or ILLEGAL.. maybe all three..

My life was potentially saved by me informing the police where I was when illegal poachers were firing 308 rifles into my permission while I was stalking some bunny's, I could hear the shots but dare not move incase I was shot. The farmer called the police just before I did, thinking I had gone shooting saying I was using an air rifle but instead firing a bloody centerfire. They called me as I left my mobile and asked what I was doing. I explained the situation and described how best to get to the illegal shooters and how to block them in. This they did and caught three twat's from Birmingham with a jeep full of guns and ammo. none of them had a FAC the jeep contained two gun's that were reported as stolen, one of which was a Theoben Rapid MK1 .22 air rifle. so in my personal experience the Police were fantastic.

I drive a highly tuned Nissan Silvia, my other expensive bloody hobby and the traffic police are usually twat's that think I am a boy racer and talk to me like a 17 year old who's just passed his test. This pisses me off no end but I show them I have declared all the mod's to my insurance and point out I have had a clean licence for 13 years and just happen to like fast cars. They always back down and it ends up with them leaving on a good note, and now the local plod give me the thumb's up father that blue lights and a speech. IMO the best result.

Is it really that hard? and rather than falling into the groove, it's basic behaviour of living in a society. of which we ALL benefit in some way just like the forum society who use mods to keep the peace so really we have no reason to be so anti police/mods etc. As I bet the people who say the police are twat's and have no other out look on them would be the first to call them if there car was stolen while out shooting! because they pay their taxes and it's their right!! or contact a mod about some twat taking money for goods advertised on the forum but not sending the goods.

We all have our gripes about the government and police and mods (AG BBS) etc, but just look at the countries like South Africa where the police/Government are corrupt and there is no law control and gun crime is so prolific no one knows who is good bad or indifferent would you like to live there?

Call my bluff and everyone call the plod and tell them of there shooting whereabouts and who they are etc. ask the local police super or firearms officer to keep a record at every station of the declaration of legal airgun shooters and there details for 12 months, then gather it all and see where the anti airgun brigade stand then! we have no excuse. If permission is so hard to get because someone already has it, then a massive percentage of the country's shooting applicable ground must have legal permissions granted. so the stat's should be there if we all can be arsed to do the sensible thing. Gun clubs Forum owners/mods could help by contacting the police forces.. But I suppose it's easier to sit at the laptop and moan like f**k..

I usually just browse the forums and keep quiet but today I feel I can have a bit of a say on this one. I have permission on thousands of acres across Cornwall and north Devon, and come across lot's of keen people who want to go shooting safely and professionally but are put off by the stigma of guns and their owners.

I have introduced five friends to the sport and got them their own permissions. I advise them to keep in touch with the police in their area and they are all still enjoying shooting with no hassles, especially from the plod.

Rant over.. be safe folk's and legal..lol

Maybe you should post a little more then perhaps some of your replies won't be so long winded and complete over-kill.

I was under the impression this was a free country and we SHOULDN'T have to inform the police that we're off out to perform LEGAL activities.