half decent fox and deer lamping vid

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are just a couple of pics on a night out with the lads

Yup...single handed should be the way...but these lads are out for numbers..i don't doubt for a minute that most of their dogs are capable single handed..in all fairness Mik a lot would struggle singl

Try running double figures with one dog 3 nights a week...see what results you get...doubling up doubles the bag and ensures relatively damaged free dogs for the next outing..jmo

Posted Images

(pre ban )in an ideal world single handed on foxes would be good but you are not getting double figures with single handed dogs and what i mean by that is run catch kill ,in my opinion takes its toll on a single handed dog ,there is no way on a good night that a single handed dog is going out the night after, i have caught a lot of double figure foxes paired up and we have been able to take them out the night after, if you do take dogs out in the vehicleif you take one out when you are calling the other dogs make one hell of a racket because they are keen to have a go ,in my opinion a single handed dog would not do double figures

Try running double figures with one dog 3 nights a week...see what results you get...doubling up doubles the bag and ensures relatively damaged free dogs for the next outing..jmo

i agree that you will get higher numbers but iv seen dogs take more stick doubled up like when when one dog has the business end and the other dog is pulling the fox around it tends to add more damage to the dog on the business end.The lads had some good dogs in fairness and got the numbers ,personally id prefer one dog to kill 2 or 3 on his tod then 5 or 6 doubled up
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...