hoop snares

Guest terrierman666

hoop snares have an advantage over pegs on light sandy soils where a peg would fail or fresh plough where rabbits are travelling over plough to get to there feeding grounds :good: They are light to cary and quick to set the only difference between peg wires and hoop snares is that most of the rabbits taken in the hoop are dead and to attach your wire all you do is to use the double hitch :yes: good hunting all woodga :ph34r: ps as said before the wire hoop acts as a spring taking all the force of the rabbit strugling and they hold even the biggest rabbits i have even had a large fox cub i n one stone dead and the hoop was still secure :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tack in the days when this forum was the best

Posted Images

After watching the video coney catcher 2 some ten or so years back now, Glenn walters did a bit on hoop snaring on there, i tried this method and never realy went back to pegged snares, because the hoops were so efficient and almost everytime the rabbit was dead. Very quick to set too.

I`ve never seen this kind of snare, but then again I am a novice... So you dont need to peg these snares down? What exactly kills the rabbit?

Guest Geordie

Listen and learn with Woodga and Pegandgun :11: Never been out with peg but ive been out with woodga,and i tell ye this is,its feckin amazin how easy it is to do and how succesful these methods are,IF ye are shown how to do it correctly.

I think snare sizes and settin heights should be made a sticky on this part of the forum,we owe it to our rabbits to make sure it is done properly. :D

Mebbes between em, pegandgun, moley,woodga and rob sharpe could come up with a photo shoot of how it is done ;)

Listen and learn with Woodga and Pegandgun :11:  Never been out with peg but ive been out with woodga,and i tell ye this is,its feckin amazin how easy it is to do and how succesful these methods are,IF ye are shown how to do it correctly.

I think snare sizes and settin heights should be made a sticky on this part of the forum,we owe it to our rabbits to make sure it is done properly. :D

Mebbes between em, pegandgun, moley,woodga and rob sharpe could come up with a photo shoot of how it is done ;)

thanks for the complement geordie , but in future make sure you put my name in front of pegandguns , :D

Moley,Woodga,Robsharpe.........................................................P&G :(

thats more like it or should it be like this

moley :whistle: .............................................................woodga,robsharpe ................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

..............................................................................p&g :haha: