bike dog leads

went out the day for the first time with dog,s on nomal nylon show lead,s at the side of the bike no prob,s and that was 3dog,s all first time dont see the need for fancy leads cost £2.00 each and can be used as slip leads as well

I think the way things are at the moment you'd be setting yourself up for getting done for something... three dogs at once in (presumably) one hand whilst cycling doesn't sound the safest way of going about things, to be honest.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went out the day for the first time with dog,s on nomal nylon show lead,s at the side of the bike no prob,s and that was 3dog,s all first time dont see the need for fancy leads cost £2.00 each and can be used as slip leads as well

I think the way things are at the moment you'd be setting yourself up for getting done for something... three dogs at once in (presumably) one hand whilst cycling doesn't sound the safest way of going about things, to be honest.

what,s for you want go by you i will try my 4 dog,s the mora :tongue2::thumbs:

Just wanted to add that even when my dog is attached to the bike i also keep her lead on but have it slack and looped over my wrist, never had her come loose from the bike but i find it safe and useful to have her lead on as well, easy to unclip her from bike and already on lead :thumbs:

Also the bar part has a quick fix/release mechanism so literally in 2 seconds you have dog on lead, you off bike and a handy heavy metal bar in hand should it be needed for anything :whistling:

Something I've noticed about biking dogs is they really appreciate being able to trot along at a decent speed: we're only doing about 6 miles an hour, which is a steady trotting speed for dogs between 23 and 27 inches, but trotting (rather than walking at human walking speed) uses the dog's energy and dogs are designed to cover the ground at a trot for quite long distances. Wild canines move from A to B at a trot unless they are chasing something. Trotting is a natural gait, and mine can go miles, don't pull (unless a rabbit crosses their path: the older ones know the score and don't bat an eyelid if its only a rabbit: trouble is round my way there's likely to be a muntie spring out of cover on the main bike route I do :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: )

A friend of mine bikes all 4 of his dogs at once and has done for years: they get into the swing of it very quickly, but obviously on public roads it can be dangerous: in fact I think its actually illegal so pick your routes with care.

i have a '' SPRINGER'',its got a shock absorber built in and its a great job.I used to run a pit every morning on it and never once had I a close call with it.

Where did you get yours from? I couldn't find it available in the UK. Looks much better than the Walky dog.

http://www.amazon.com/Springer-Leash-Let-RUN-Dogs-SPRINGER-moment/dp/B000EB5BPE

anyone having doubts to the authenticity of the product take a look at this video

reading through some of the forums it says its not allowed to exercise the dogs that way in Britain.I bought mine from England but I cant find any trace of it anywhere on the net.

They are great I take two 50lb lurchers at the same time no problem at all . I used to do the same with just leads and did managed to run a dog over when it see a cat run in front I nearly came off and I ran over her foot you could see bone . But been using one of these for three or four years no problems at all well worth it.

i have a '' SPRINGER'',its got a shock absorber built in and its a great job.I used to run a pit every morning on it and never once had I a close call with it.

Am I right in saying its 75 Dollars which is about 45 Pounds plus postage from the States, or can you purchase it in Britain?