Axe

jasper65

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice male jasper! Give me parent reared over imprint anyday! His he out of same parents as the male I ad from you?

what a looker skin that is one hard looking bird mate all its missing is a pair of 14 hole cherry reds

Posted Images

what a looker skin that is one hard looking bird mate all its missing is a pair of 14 hole cherry reds :laugh::thumbs:

Nice one mate. just bleached his anklets and stuck some red braids in them :laugh:

smart looking gos :thumbs:

Yeah he's getting there actic, still plenty of work with him :thumbs:

Brilliant stuff Jasp.. :boogy: once you have him loose and mooching about for kill's im sure all the little bit's of manning will fall into place nice and smooth..Gengoid is ready to whip out me think's but i have a week's work from the 3rd of october for one week so i will wait till that is over then let the stress and games begin.. :laugh:

Brilliant stuff Jasp.. :boogy: once you have him loose and mooching about for kill's im sure all the little bit's of manning will fall into place nice and smooth..Gengoid is ready to whip out me think's but i have a week's work from the 3rd of october for one week so i will wait till that is over then let the stress and games begin.. :laugh:

Its still earley yet mate and pretty mild so obviously no rush, plus stll lots of cover :thumbs:. I'm sure he will mann down nicely if he was a tad lower to get him to focus more. the day he was wipping across on the creance he was 1lb 11 1/4, at that weight he's more than happy to come to me but will need a tad more to bring him into slightly better condition....

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update:

bird loose now after being held back with one thing amd another earlier on aswel as weather. popped out ferreting yesterday on a mates land and no joy so gave him some calls backwards and forwards between me and a pal.

today a bit keener and a different story! didn't get a good bolt due to the land being ferreted was mainly hedge rows, the f*****g things bolted stright out along the hedge and into another :blink:, one was taken on the arse but made it to cover! the good thing is he wants them so its going to be pretty soon when a Bunny meets its maker :thumbs:.

He's a good boy and very responsive straight to the fist and good to the Hood, I flew him at the end of the day between two fist at some good distances without a problem so all in all I'm pleased :thumbs:... some pic's to follow soon I would think.......

I knew I should have flown a f*****g screaming Imprint and made my life easier :tongue2:

Nice one D :thumbs:. Its been longer than I wanted but with one thing and another and all the boiling weather we had here plus blowing a Hooligan he got held back a bit. won't be flying him today either due to the game shoots all over the place, will be out tomorrow to hopefully get him a bunny........

I knew I should have flown a f*****g screaming Imprint and made my life easier :tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

I guess that

Nice one D :thumbs:. Its been longer than I wanted but with one thing and another and all the boiling weather we had here plus blowing a Hooligan he got held back a bit. won't be flying him today either due to the game shoots all over the place, will be out tomorrow to hopefully get him a bunny........

Send him hear for the afternoon I'll make good use of him, my harris still enjoying her just deserts from yesterday, let her have full crop as I thought I was at work then it got called off, so she chilling on the bow and Im twidling me thumbs back out tomorow though, not sure early morning rabbits or maybe afternoon pheasent mooch with dogs.

Just out of interest Jasper have you kept imprint gos before? Im just starting to read up a little more about imprinting

I guess that

You've lost me now, guess what?

Send him hear for the afternoon I'll make good use of him, my harris still enjoying her just deserts from yesterday, let her have full crop as I thought I was at work then it got called off, so she chilling on the bow and Im twidling me thumbs back out tomorow though, not sure early morning rabbits or maybe afternoon pheasent mooch with dogs.

Just out of interest Jasper have you kept imprint gos before? Im just starting to read up a little more about imprinting

If you're taking the imprint route you wouldn't want to fly this bird, He's steady but you won't get away with the thing you would with a imprint...

I have alot of Imprint Goshawks. one of which is now hitting 17 years old. they're used strictly for AI and certainly not for a flying point of view. I'll leave that to you lot who enjoy that sort of thing :D.......

:thumbs: seen a lot of imprints for sale of late whilst browsing the net, I recently watched the Imprint Goshawk DVD and quite enjoyed it, but guess its the constant screaming that is the cause of many a parting of the ways :laugh: to me its a hawk so therefore should be raised by a hawk :victory:

It's not only the screaming mate it's the mantling over food that would do my head in aswell as being attacked by them..im sure that's why imprint flyer's fly a bird to the lure :blink: that should be flown to the fist..i have heard several stories of falconer's being chased all over trying to stop an attack from a imprint gos..and that is the last thing you want with a big finnish Female..ok you get the odd PR bird trying to foot you now and again but not a full on attack to your head from a imprint..

Horse's for coarses i say but unless the imprint is for breeding purposes they want banning and folk should be made to stick to the old traditional way's with PR bird's..

• 2 months later...

Took a ride out with Will Harris today on some old ground. Wills HH took the first bunny over Ferrets while my male Gos debated on weather he was on hunting weight or not :whistling: . shortly afterwards a easy one after a tussle with the ferrets presented itself and the Gos took it :D....

walked over to another patch where Will's Ferrets was working well as usual, one Rabbit bolted which made a lucky escape to a hole and later another bolted well which was taken by my male but unfortunately kicked itself free as I was making in :censored:.

Finally one more tried to make its escape for him to connect with and keep hold off :thumbs:. it started off a bad day with things thankfully getting better for both of us, wish we had ferreted this last bit of ground first as I think we would have both been well into double figures. the good thing is my male is now switched onto the bunnies after a few feathered kills but Bunnies is what I wanted to get him entered on before the end of the season. my local land has been pretty poor quarry wise so today was a near on 80 mile round trip just to finally get some decent open slips and some results...

Thanksfully it was worth it :victory:....

post-251-0-00568800-1326058114_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-55416100-1326058142_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-32023300-1326058322_thumb.jpg

Ive just seen this mate and im over the moon for you.. :victory: ..onward's and upward's now ..ive had to ground gengoid now through lack of quarry they was bit's to start with but now it's gone worse and all i have been doing is flying from tree's which is pretty sole destroying to say the least..like you said on the blower this year want's a big cross putting through it..