Deer poachers

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest side effect to this sort of thing is that people blame hunters, real hunters that is; genuine dog men who take home what they catch and eat it themselves and feed it to their dogs and mayb

Im a poacher, have been since I was 13 years old. But I only poach what will fit in my game bag and what will go in the pot. Never in my whole life have I ever damaged any land or property, Killed

It's not theft when it's applied to a wild animal. Taking an animal is only ever referred to as theft if the animal in question is domesticated and belongs to someone. You being such a fecking smart a

He already knows that i am sure he would be the first to agree with you all.

The laughable part in all this if you can call it laughable is hes achieved what he set out to do ,

Hes got everyone all going with a vengeance whilst he sits on the other side of the keyboard punching away like fury.

I cant make my mind up whos worst its like the bleeding fight sketch on Harry Hill :whistling:

I learned long ago not to respond to him and just show him the finger or arse lick smiley let him punch in the time on the keyboard while if you really need to respond do it with little effort involved to yourself.

One thing is for sure as ARNIE says he will be back probably as ARNIE to just to wind you all up :D

:huh:

• 1 month later...

Correct me if I'm wrong but is poaching considered ok,or almost like robin hood & romantic, by sections of the hunting community in the UK ?

If this is the case why would those who invest in producing a surplus of game & therefore have a interest,stake,ownership in it bother ?

We call poachers thieves down here & this is from a country where you once had to have a criminal record to enter.

Not trying to start a war,just confused by the level of acceptence for stealing someone elses hunting opportunity.

Cheers Khakibob

Edited by khakibob

Correct me if I'm wrong but is poaching considered ok,or almost like robin hood & romantic, by sections of the hunting community in the UK ?

If this is the case why would those who invest in producing a surplus of game & therefore have a interest,stake,ownership in it bother ?

We call poachers thieves down here & this is from a country where you once had to have a criminal record to enter.

Not trying to start a war,just confused by the level of acceptence for stealing someone elses hunting opportunity.

Cheers Khakibob

Its a complex issue over here, opinions differ as do definitions on 'types' of poacher. There is the romantic stereotype, a thugish element, genuine lads that like to 'walk of the wild side', men in it to make a living etc etc. It's not black and white over here at all.

Simple example, most farmers/keepers/public don't mind a lad out on his own with a ferret or small lurcher catching the odd rabbit, they'll probably tell him to piss off (or even give permission if the lad is a genuine sort) but wont get mental about it. However if that same farmer/keeper caught several lads on his land coursing deer or shooting game birds then the shit would hit the fan!

G'day Born hunter.

Same down here, if a fairdinkum bloke asks for access he'll usually get a yes.

If he goes about it the wrong way,word gets around & we have long memories.

If youve had a bad run with thieves you're less likley to say yes,so they're also stealing opportunity & access from honest hunters too,not to mention how the anti's love to use this against ourselves.

I'm just a bit concerned after reading this thread, as one of my neighbours asked me last night if his father in law from England (old mate did say he used to poach there) & he can roll a deer on my place for a family barbie.He has deer but dosen't manage them so numbers are very low maybe only 100 or so (mainly reds) in a few mobs on about 50 thousand acres, the roo shooters box them at will.(its still pig heaven though).

I said they can go find a chital or rusa when he needs it,or we might cull a red or fallow if I'm there.(out of season now,except for management by the owner,but there is no season on tropical species of deer).

He's not going to want to bomb my place up is he? lol

Do I need to explain to some UK visitors we value our deer & other wild game as a hunting & farm reasource which I manage, invest & own interest in?

It's complex here too. I've "lost" at least 10 farmed commercial red deer (mostly velveters) from pens off just one remote property in the last 2 months.They would have went over the hooks for about a tenth of their true value (still not a bad nights work for a thief)..

Yes,game thieves come in all shapes & sizes.

They're all thieves though ,I stopped using "poacher" well over a decade ago.

My biggest problem on the farm is from game thieves.The guys who hunt pigs with dogs.Its not the loss of pigs ,its the lost dogs & the damage they do to my stock.

95% are great guys & girls but it would seem the other 5% wont be happy till this form of hunting is banned.

Very interesting reading this thread,& seeing the different attitudes on this subject.

Has anyone thought about stealing game in the US ? It would be better to say your taliban.lol

Cheers khakibob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...