finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

The best of luck from me with your back issues mate and i hope all goes according to plan.. :thumbs: ..i know you don't want to here this but forget about Thor for now and get yourself fixed because neither of you are any good too each other unfit or recovering..

Cheer's

Millet

The best of luck from me with your back issues mate and i hope all goes according to plan.. :thumbs: ..i know you don't want to here this but forget about Thor for now and get yourself fixed because neither of you are any good too each other unfit or recovering..

Cheer's

Millet

i know mate just really gutted mate but i understand what your saying and agree with you just going to get him out as much as poss now while i can. im bloody nervous because having the 2nd op carries double the risk of making the back worse but have no choice. and thank you very much for your comments mate and very much appreciated :thumbs:

good luck with the op if it was me id lend the bird out to someone with experiance and ge tthem to get him kilomg as thew first yr is so importemt in in a bird as this is where alot of muscle is grown and experiance can and should be learn then once he is killing good and muscle put on u can leave him alone

good luck with the op if it was me id lend the bird out to someone with experiance and ge tthem to get him kilomg as thew first yr is so importemt in in a bird as this is where alot of muscle is grown and experiance can and should be learn then once he is killing good and muscle put on u can leave him alone

cheers mate i have had offers from a couple of people who said they will take him for me but i think im going to just see how it goes first if im out to long then i will let someone take him out for me but will see how it all goes first of all but for now ill get the 2nd door on and finish boarding out the mews and free loft him i think. if i let him go to someone while im out could this effect my relationship with him or not ??

not at all as he is a pr bird and not a imprint ,id get him out killing now with someone as i say the first yr is so important and u want him killing cos he could end up vocal also but up to you, i suffer very bad with my back and take 22 pills aday to keep me going and sometimes they dont get rid of the pain so i know exactly what back pain is like

Edited by grovsey

not at all as he is a pr bird and not a imprint ,id get him out killing now with someone as i say the first yr is so important and u want him killing cos he could end up vocal also but up to you, i suffer very bad with my back and take 22 pills aday to keep me going and sometimes they dont get rid of the pain so i know exactly what back pain is like

Fair comment but will see how the recovery goes first mate i will be in hospital 3 to 5 days and will know by then. last time i was back on my feet in a week but made the mistake going back to work 7 days farming within 4 weeks straight after the staples were taken out but i have decided im not going back to work this year even if it feels good as its the healing process that can make the back worse as the internal scaring causes problems but if the op doesnt go well i will know straight away and will then let him go probably for the whole season.

id get him out killing now with someone as i say the first yr is so important and u want him killing cos he could end up vocal also but up to you,

that certainly could be a worry saxon mate if he doesn't start killing, once they start killing this is part of the growing up process and gets them focused onto somthing else. some of the best P/R birds have become vocal when held back on Flying/Hunting weight.

a few nice easy slips would certainly do the trick bud :thumbs:

Jasper

going up on the hills tomorrow and see if there is anything about i cant get out with the ferrets on my own just incase i have to dig and i dont have anyone to go with untill weekend so will try to get him on something this week and just keep trying and see what happens :thumbs:

what centre are you going to be doing it at as i spend alot of time (there at the mo) in york and i went to this place http://www.falconrycentre.co.uk/ a few months ago and i got chatting to the owner and after about 30mins of chatting he said it was a bird zoo lol ,as i was having a brew in the office i was listeneing to the woman behind the counter and i was all about money .

WELL WE DID OUR COURSE TODAY, GOTTA SAY THE STAFF THERE WERE VERY GOOD AND TO TOP IT OFF THE GUY THAT WORKS THERE SAID HE LIVES IN RIPON AND I CAN GO OUT WITH HIM AND HIS MATE WHEN THEY TAKE THEIR HH's OUT, TOP DAY! :thumbs:

what centre are you going to be doing it at as i spend alot of time (there at the mo) in york and i went to this place http://www.falconrycentre.co.uk/ a few months ago and i got chatting to the owner and after about 30mins of chatting he said it was a bird zoo lol ,as i was having a brew in the office i was listeneing to the woman behind the counter and i was all about money .

WELL WE DID OUR COURSE TODAY, GOTTA SAY THE STAFF THERE WERE VERY GOOD AND TO TOP IT OFF THE GUY THAT WORKS THERE SAID HE LIVES IN RIPON AND I CAN GO OUT WITH HIM AND HIS MATE WHEN THEY TAKE THEIR HH's OUT, TOP DAY! :thumbs:

quality mate fair play did you get much more done on your mews mate? good you got someone to go out with now too :thumbs:

good stuff did you learn much from it ???