finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

just a quick update Thor is flying well still just introduced him to the lure which he seems to like chasing. tried flying him with my dog but my dog chased him when he came in to land but it was my fault as when i whistled they both came but Thor just flew off back to the tree but came straight back. Then Thor got swooped at by some bloody seagull that seems to turn up every time we do, if it carries on ill take my shot gun with me and put a stop to it hahaha. Also a magpie tried getting to close to Thor in a tree which he ignored for a while but then Thor had enough and chased it out of the tree and had a lucky escape. so all is going well flying Thor everyday if i can at the moment and trying new things with him hopefully this week or the weekend ill take him out with the ferrets and see if he can get his first kill. :thumbs:

couple of photos

thorsat6.jpg

thorsat5.jpg

thorsat4.jpg

thorsat3.jpg

thorsat2.jpg

thorsat1.jpg

cracking picture's mate your'e well away now, we just got a new camera for the coming season ... its a panasonic lumix tz20 with hd video so should be good... can't wait to get going again. mark

Thanks mate things are going well ill look forward to seeing your photos next then mate. :thumbs:

Brilliant pictures yet again and thor look's more confident with your hand's around his feet..does he let you change his jesses now or is he still a bit nervy.. the best of luck with the ferreting but watch he don't nail the ferret.. :laugh: ..and do the set's out in the open well away from cover or other rabbit holes if possible.

I like the second to last pic where the dog is pretending to ignore the bird, but the bird is keeping an eye on the dog :D

mate he is so gealous of Thor i take my dog everywhere with me but obviously ive had to spend quiet a bit of time with the Thor at the moment its so funny he looks at me as if ive just cheated on him or something when have Thor on the fist. First couple of times trying to get that photo he kept turning his back on us we were cracking up :laugh: :laugh:

I like the second to last pic where the dog is pretending to ignore the bird, but the bird is keeping an eye on the dog :D

mate he is so gealous of Thor i take my dog everywhere with me but obviously ive had to spend quiet a bit of time with the Thor at the moment its so funny he looks at me as if ive just cheated on him or something when have Thor on the fist. First couple of times trying to get that photo he kept turning his back on us we were cracking up :laugh: :laugh:

You can see that in the pic mate, if its any consolation my lurcher is the same, stubborn :laugh:

Brilliant pictures yet again and thor look's more confident with your hand's around his feet..does he let you change his jesses now or is he still a bit nervy.. the best of luck with the ferreting but watch he don't nail the ferret.. :laugh: ..and do the set's out in the open well away from cover or other rabbit holes if possible.

cheers mate yeah he is a lot better the hardest thing is putting on the transmitter but he is getting better but im hopefully putting a tail mount on this week and maybe that will help. Got a good place to try out the ferreting and ill be holding the hunting straps very tight for the ferrets sake :laugh: cant wait but might have to pop up on the permission with a strimmer get rid of some of the nettles around the burries :thumbs:

You can see that in the pic mate, if its any consolation my lurcher is the same, stubborn :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Quality mate :laugh:

have you got the ferrets in fulkl view of the bird all day as this will help ,u want to take someone with you when you start ferreting to grab the ferret incase the bird goes for it .id leave the dog at home at the mo if he is running in abit like u said unless you got full control of the dog and he knows the score,one take one bad thing to happen and scare the bird to put him of dogs for along time.as you was saying he ran in and made the bird fly of is not really ideal ,

get him as fit as poss before entering him and ferret a hole in a open field with as little cover for the bunny to make cover to

he sees the ferrets everyday like i said about the dog it was my fault as they both came at the same time there was no mallace from the dog as he knows the score and when Thor is bowed in the garden the dog is always about to but your right next time he will be on the lead for the time being. Got a hood on Thor yesterday and a tail mount but its still pretty hard work getting the hood on but will just keep with it. Weather is shocking here at the moment so cant fly him for a few day at least so will do a bit more fitness work with the dog.

If the wind and rain is anything like here..you want to batten down the hatch.. :laugh: ..im no expert with hood's but from personal experience i would give it a miss unless you have a experienced falconer close at hand to show and advise you..otherwise the hawk will end up hating your hand even more..