Starting greyhound racing

Hi guys im new to this forum,

i dont know if anyone can help as id like to start greyhound racing but need some info how to get started etc.

there are a lot of rules and regs on just housing the dogs that have to be parst befoe you start

Not if you go down the flapping track route which would be a good start.... :yes:

taz 123 as lab says go to your nearest flapping track and see if you like it if you go on flappers dream all the tracks in uk are on there mind you if to compete at the top ie top heat opens its a very expensive hobby the injuries finished me a lot harder to keep a greyhound sound than a lurcher especially at the top level but good luck whatever you decide .

well obviously you need a greyhound first lol

next you will need to find a flapping track near you and get it qualified there,it will need to do a trial time race in a certain time,all tracks differ in times.most flapping tracks normally have greyhound sales aswell,guys bring them over from ireland.but take someone wih you who knows the game.even then its a lottery really.or you can buy a no bad grader from ngrc tracks.some do come up forsale.good luck it very addictive.there an old saying in the dog game."if you dont like some c**t, give them a greyhound" lol

joking aside its a great sport and very rewarding if you play the game right.

scothunter your right with that saying the feckers will bring patches to your arse once you get hooked as you said great sport though .

ll my

not a day goes by without me kinda missing it.have some very fond memories.

to be honest with you fellas i dont really enjoy it that much? dont know why but i think its a bit pointless travelling there running in one race and going home again, dont get me wrong i love to see my stan run but ive stopped going now as id rather try and build his stamina up then run him on the fields after something with its own mind. i guess im just a lurcher man through and through lol as above i love watching him run even though it sounds like im a bit of a miserable c**t lol. i appreciate though that the tracks are dying out which is a total shame when you see how much the people who run it put into it but if its what you wanna do then go for it you got nowt to loose

to be honest with you fellas i dont really enjoy it that much? dont know why but i think its a bit pointless travelling there running in one race and going home again, dont get me wrong i love to see my stan run but ive stopped going now as id rather try and build his stamina up then run him on the fields after something with its own mind. i guess im just a lurcher man through and through lol as above i love watching him run even though it sounds like im a bit of a miserable c**t lol. i appreciate though that the tracks are dying out which is a total shame when you see how much the people who run it put into it but if its what you wanna do then go for it you got nowt to loose

its defo not for you then mate lol

I once took a dog to a track for 4months knowing it had not a snowballs chance in hell of winning.until i got that butchers hap i made f*****g sure of that lol

i kept a few dogs,so i had at times 5 running a night.i enjoyed the dogs,the people,the buzz,the smells.the stories,lies,utter bullshit.dodgy deals.everything you ever heard of doggy men is true lol

speak to some dog men,and they will always knock seconds of the time t done,and knock hundreds onto the price they paid for the f*****g dog lol

I was born into the racing game,and as far back as i can remember thier was always greys around.then i got into aswell,most of the time i spent with my old man was at the dugs,and he died when i was young so thats why i always have good memories when i look back.like i said its a great pastime ,but if your a bit wet behind the ears you will be taken to the cleaners.trust no c**t in that game.nothing worse than seeing a load of strangers back your dog of the board,cause you told someone that you were trying that night.had it done to me.told a guy in confidence and he he told the wrong c**t.i was lucky that night i paraded the dog myself,mate shouted over that he didnt get our money on.just tightened the muzzle strap up to the last f*****g notch as i put it in the box.no way im getting up early and doing miles of roadwork,sheeling out for the best of grub,for someone else to benefit.

everyone should read trevor liddles rich without money all about the flapgame and tricks and cons that go on i must have read it 3 times cracking read . and scothunter i know where your coming from thats one of the reasons i only kept top heat open racers and if i fancied a bet get it on before meeting started .

I once took a dog to a track for 4months knowing it had not a snowballs chance in hell of winning.until i got that butchers hap i made f*****g sure of that lol

i kept a few dogs,so i had at times 5 running a night.i enjoyed the dogs,the people,the buzz,the smells.the stories,lies,utter bullshit.dodgy deals.everything you ever heard of doggy men is true lol

speak to some dog men,and they will always knock seconds of the time t done,and knock hundreds onto the price they paid for the f*****g dog lol

I was born into the racing game,and as far back as i can remember thier was always greys around.then i got into aswell,most of the time i spent with my old man was at the dugs,and he died when i was young so thats why i always have good memories when i look back.like i said its a great pastime ,but if your a bit wet behind the ears you will be taken to the cleaners.trust no c**t in that game.nothing worse than seeing a load of strangers back your dog of the board,cause you told someone that you were trying that night.had it done to me.told a guy in confidence and he he told the wrong c**t.i was lucky that night i paraded the dog myself,mate shouted over that he didnt get our money on.just tightened the muzzle strap up to the last f*****g notch as i put it in the box.no way im getting up early and doing miles of roadwork,sheeling out for the best of grub,for someone else to benefit.

FFS mate you sound like my Dad talking there..... :laugh: ......"The Dugs"....."didny get ma f*****g money on"..."shes walked over"......"not catch ye tonight lassie"....."f*****g fell oot"......"aye its f*****g fed"........."ACPs".....................bringing back any memories mate...... :toast:

FFS mate you sound like my Dad talking there..... :laugh: ......"The Dugs"....."didny get ma f*****g money on"..."shes walked over"......"not catch ye tonight lassie"....."f*****g fell oot"......"aye its f*****g fed"........."ACPs".....................bringing back any memories mate...... :toast:

ACP lol had to be done right or you were f****d.once gave a 1/4 to a dug at coatbridge.used to time it for 40mins.well the hare rail broke down.had to lift the f*****g dug out the car.swear it was leaning on the side of the box as i shut the door.the lids went up and out it tumbles.trailed off.i said del rosa the owner.ah it must it have took a knock in the car,hearing the hare rail.he says."aye it took a knock alright,the breakdown mess with your plans"!

there an art to stopping a dug mate

ACP lol had to be done right or you were f****d.once gave a 1/4 to a dug at coatbridge.used to time it for 40mins.well the hare rail broke down.had to lift the f*****g dug out the car.swear it was leaning on the side of the box as i shut the door.the lids went up and out it tumbles.trailed off.i said del rosa the owner.ah it must it have took a knock in the car,hearing the hare rail.he says."aye it took a knock alright,the breakdown mess with your plans"!

there an art to stopping a dug mate

:laugh: .........to be fair on my dad he very rarely used them mate. As you say they have to be giving at the right time for the dog or there no use. Times they've been sick and it hasn't worked and theres no money on and the dogs won by 6 length.... :laugh: ...you know as well as he does how long it takes to get a mark at these small flapping tracks. Glad i never went down that route, i'd be skint and have no teeth... :D

i remember going down to irvine wi my dad and his mate with a new dog they had brought over from ireland.so i was left to parade the dog,they paid a few quid for this dog,but they really hit it on the heid this night,cause they were gonna do a job.(hence the distance).so its the dogs TT race.so im parading the dog,and this guy next to me starts telling me he is trying with his.which i thought was weird as most folk never do it,always hold a bit back.well swear mate,the traps go up.this dug was out like a rocket .the look on that poor c**ts face was a picture haha.won by a distance and not one of us had a penny on it.went up to my old man and said ."well we got a RIGHT dug here.my old man said aye or there just all a pile a shite lol