#1 Greek Phil

Greek Phil

Born Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:36 am

The Glorious 12th is nearly here.

What are the grouse numbers looking like? I have been getting some reports of decent number from various keepers.

There seems to be no drop in demand for driven grouse shooting. So prices won't be coming down.

There could be some really good opportunities on the dogging moors. Has anyone booked any day, if you have what are they charging?

#2 gonetoearth

gonetoearth

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,781 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:25 pm

What are the grouse numbers looking like? I have been getting some reports of decent number from various keepers.

There seems to be no drop in demand for driven grouse shooting. So prices won't be coming down.

There could be some really good opportunities on the dogging moors. Has anyone booked any day, if you have what are they charging?

a gentelman never divulges the cost of his day on the grouse sir bad form :hmm:

#3 Greek Phil

Greek Phil

Born Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:45 am

a gentelman never divulges the cost of his day on the grouse sir bad form http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I thought it was a gentleman never discusses the cost of his tailor and who's wife he has slept with. Bad form indeed.

Having made some enquires there are some good prices to be had for September.

#4 butcherboy

butcherboy

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:40 am

Hearing reports that due to the lack of rain the numbers are looking good.

Still be out my price bracket but hope the estates that have them continue to flourish.

#5 Greek Phil

Greek Phil

Born Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:40 pm

Small walked up days can be had for very reasonable money. Especially if you can get a few guys with decent well trained dogs to share the day.
I'd rather have a couple of days on the moor than a fortnight in the Med with Holidays4U.

#6 hily

hily

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:58 pm

well our syndicate has a small moor that we visit at the start of the season it's not managed in any way but some years we have enough game to be able to have a walk out with the dogs.we will be up and watching the moor to see if enough grouse are about to warrant a days walk about.the most we have had in the bag was 2 1/2 brace not a lot i know but for the lads that shot them it was great :toast: and for those that did'nt theres always next season :cray:
  • EskdaleHawks likes this

#7 Bobba_fett

Bobba_fett

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:52 pm

up in scotland we had almost a week of rain and wind just as the grouse were hacking out, done the counts and it will not be as good a year for us as it was last year but we will still shoot plenty of days

#8 patdahat

patdahat

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:32 pm

well the 12th has gone how was you day

#9 The Duncan

The Duncan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:57 pm

well our syndicate has a small moor that we visit at the start of the season it's not managed in any way but some years we have enough game to be able to have a walk out with the dogs.we will be up and watching the moor to see if enough grouse are about to warrant a days walk about.the most we have had in the bag was 2 1/2 brace not a lot i know but for the lads that shot them it was great http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... and for those that did'nt theres always next season http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I imagine your next years result will be far better for a bit of predator control and a bit of medicated grit.
Get a rota going and reap the rewards :thumbs:

Cheers

Duncan

#10 The Duncan

The Duncan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:58 pm

up in scotland we had almost a week of rain and wind just as the grouse were hacking out, done the counts and it will not be as good a year for us as it was last year but we will still shoot plenty of days

To be fair, last year was a massive year for most moors. It will be very hard to match ;)

D

#11 Bobba_fett

Bobba_fett

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:49 am

134 brace and 44 hares on the 12th and 180 brace and 108 hares on the 13th

#12 Red_Grouse

Red_Grouse

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:02 pm

Where was that about mate?

#13 FightTheBan

FightTheBan

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:35 pm

1042 brace on Muggleswick on 12th or 13th.
:icon_eek:

FTB

#14 Red_Grouse

Red_Grouse

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:50 pm

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

FTB

wow! :icon_eek: Heard any more reports from around the country FTB?

#15 patdahat

patdahat

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:40 pm

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

FTB

wow! http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... Heard any more reports from around the country FTB?

that would be a nice pic to see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users