Globle rifle snipersystem light

Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Hi all I have just purchased a snipersystems gun light from them selves at a hi cost but thinking it was the best I could get I went ahead and it has turned up all ok so far.

I have been on e-bay and low and behold there it is at half the price I was told they make it in house and they are the only ones that sell this light. I sent an e-mail to the seller asking if that was the buy it now price and some one called Paul @ snipersystems sent mail back saying yes including post packing he to is from leicestershire the same as Globlefifle. I have been told there is a Paul works there as well. I called Globle to ask about this and a nice lady told me there is some one that copys them some times she thinks, and sells them on e-bay and there was nothing she could do about that but she did not know where they were or any thing about them you would think it some one was ripping your company off you would be a little bit more on there case .

Is it me but I cant help thinking that all this founds very very funny, as at least Globle would contact e bay and put a stop to it as it is being sold as its theres same advert same rightup everything is the same what do you think?. I feel a bit like I have been done well and truly.

I was looking at their website earlier and nearly fell over when I saw their prices. The gun light is available unbranded from China (ok, you have to wait a few weeks for it) for less than £20 including two batteries and a charger. All you need then is the remote switch (£10 MAX!) and a method of securing it to your scope, again less than a tenner. Charging £250 for that set up seems a little hopeful.

Paul is Paul Newell, coincidentally the name of the founder of Snipersystems (and purportedly the designer of their bipods) is Fala Newell.....

Now I understand that they are out there to make money, and can charge whatever they like for their kit, but it does seem a bit rich to deny a link with the eBay seller, when you received an email from one of their addresses...

found this on another site seems global are know for their dealings

Please read this if you are thinking of spending any of your hard earned at Global Rifle.

My friend and I visited the Newark Shooting Show last weekend, and on the whole it was a very enjoyable day.

However, whilst at the Global Rifle stand, we were told by Romy and her Son about the brilliant Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight that “easily lit a fox at 300 meters”, and the “truly amazing” HID remote control Golight, which would apparently shine for 1 mile, and was 10 times brighter than a lightforce.

I decided that I would purchase one of the gunlights (£90) and my friend was seriously thinking about the Golight HID (£400).

He decided against it, but Romy followed us out of the tent and stopped him, offering him it for £300. He returned to the stand and bought one.

After travelling home, we went out to our usual lamping spot to test the lights.

First was my gunlight. I shone it at a tree which I had range found at 200yds (with another show purchase, leica rangefinder), and the result was extremely disappointing. The beam was VERY wide, which meant that the tree was barely visible, never mind a fox at 300 meters!

I wondered if I had a bad one, so decided to google the torch to see if I could find any reviews, only to find that they were for sale on various websites for £29!!! Here

This annoyed me to say the least.

I have a Cluson CluBriter 200Lumen torch, and this lit the tree up with no problem at all. This Trustfire torch is supposed to be 1200Lumen. Hmmm.

Then came the HID GoLight.

We decided to try it on an Oak tree, 505yds away, and it seemed to light it up not too bad.

We scanned it round with the remote, and it got stuck, having to be freed off by hand.

We put it back on the oak tree, then switched it off and shone a Lightforce Striker at the same tree. OMG, the Lightforce was HUGELY brighter!!! It made the GoLight look like someone was shining a candle at the tree!

Major disappointment!

The Golight then decided to refuse to switch back on, and again wouldn’t move. Just got a whirring sound from the motor.

Monday morning came, and I decided to call Global Rifle to air my views.

Romy answered, and after me explaining how disappointing the torch was, and that I could buy it for a third of the price elsewhere, she said that she would ring me back once her husband and son arrived at work.

She did, the conversation went like this:

Romy : I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the gunlight, it has 5 LED’s so will never get a tight beam. Never mind, you have a nice unit to use as a torch.

Me: But I was clearly told that it would illuminate a fox up to 300m away, and it doesn’t. It was also massively overpriced.

Romy: I’m sorry, you bought it at a show, and we can’t offer a refund on any item bought at shows. They are sold as seen.

Me: So that is it then?

Romy: Yes, that’s it…….HANGS UP!!!!!

My friend was told the exact same when he rang about the GoLight. mad.gifmad.gif

All in all, we are now left with two bits of kit which will never be used.

Sorry for the long report, but I wanted to warn others before dealing with these B@st@@ds.

I will never ever deal with them again, and can’t wait to see them at the next show laugh.gif

.[/indent]

Edited by danw

Dan, if you know the poster of that, then tell them that they have every right to a refund, as they were sold them by a business they come under the "sale of goods act" and must be "substantially as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose". It sounds like the lights fail on at least two of those tests, probably all three, and the buyer is entitled either to a replacement/repair at the cost of the retailer or to a full refund.

Sounds like they aren't the best people to deal with, which is a shame as they are the only supplier of some parts that I wanted for my rifle. Oh well, anyone got a magazine for a Voere 2115 semi auto in .22lr they don't need?

Dan, if you know the poster of that, then tell them that they have every right to a refund, as they were sold them by a business they come under the "sale of goods act" and must be "substantially as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose". It sounds like the lights fail on at least two of those tests, probably all three, and the buyer is entitled either to a replacement/repair at the cost of the retailer or to a full refund.

Sounds like they aren't the best people to deal with, which is a shame as they are the only supplier of some parts that I wanted for my rifle. Oh well, anyone got a magazine for a Voere 2115 semi auto in .22lr they don't need?

It's an old post Matt so I think he got sorted but there are many more posts to be found like that including one where they successfully took global to court over the supply of a rifle

Thanks for all your replys, It looks like I have been had big time , The torch its self is not that impressive and has a cheap feel and finish to it its got a chip on it strait from the box, I will take it out later on. If you shine it on a wall its not that bright compaired to my old lightforce predator . I only went with them as I thought they were a good company with a good reputation and at that price after talking to the lady on the phone she made it sound nothing short of spectacular bit of kit but at the moment it looks like I have paid £300 for a £30 torch. Yes its £250 plus vat.

Sharp practice ! Get in touch with your local citizen advice bureau and trading standards. Also google your rights.

Lastly, post the info in every website you can find then send em the link...

Then find out where their premises are Nd tell them you'll be paying a personal visit to return the goods! I find that usuLly works.

Edited by fireblade_rrw

I called globle tuesday and explained my reasons why I wanted to return there light and first words were, I supose so you can buy one from e-bay?. she said she would call me back as she would have to ask someone about this. As you can guess no call back so I called again and ok send it back and we will have a look at it ok and put the phone down. I have put a letter in with it stating why I am returning there goods and that I want a refund so just off to the post office to get it back to them. I will let you know how it goes . I am not holding my breath. I for got to say the paul@sniper systems that globle had never heard of his e-mail address is on the bottom of there letter head stuck to the box it came in just goes to show what they are like.

Well globle have had the light back for three days now and nothing!, I will give them a call some time tomorow that should be intresting. I have been having a dig around because I have had this feeling I have seen this light before , and bingo I found it , it is made in the USA by a company called elusive industrys and is called the kill light 250 its called 250 as they state its good for that distance which is just what I found with it . I am not sure what took place on its way over the water it suddenly gains an extra 150 m distance. They have also changed there advert on e bay from £150 and made it £300 the same as you pay over the phone and just to top it off I think it was £4.00 post . I printed off a copy of the old advert just to be sure glad I did other wise they may have said its always been that price .

Well as you know I have been having dealings with globle rifle . The full story is quite long so I will keep it short as I can. The first call to them was to ask about there 900 lumens tac light. A woman answered and did a good sales job on me, saying how this was a latest thing out and it is made here in house by us and is sold only by us and there is nothing close to it any where.

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH. I have been looking and have managed to find this very same light so far on three different sites, called three different names in USA its a Kill light 250 but it is the same light , and the last one I found is almost £200 cheaper than globle.

I did buy it at a cost of £300 ooch. It turned up and out it came in the hand it did not feel any thing like its value, and a bit more on the cheap side , never mind. On charge ready for a shine around later on. Before I got to use it I was on e bay and there it was at half price from some one called paul at sniper systems so on the phone saying not very happy as you are selling them at £150 there why did you charge me £300. No I DO NOT KNOW WHO PAUL IS and there is nothing I can do about him ripping us off any way , I said its the same advert word for word she said yes he stole it and uses it but I can assure you it is not our light as we do not sell them to any shops. RUBBISH , paul@ ,his e mail address is on the bottom of globles letter head as its possably her husband as they share the same name letter head and more than like the same house she should know him.

They claim eyes @600 and see to shoot @ 400, in use its max to see was around 250 tops . The beam was said to be a spot with a gentle halo in use the halo leaves the torch on a clock face it would be 10am and 2pm so is very wide and is no use after 50m. I called back and said I had had a try and I did not like it and I would like a refund her quick as a flash she said so you can get one from e bay ?. I said no I do not want another , so I said I want to send it back please for a refund she said ok, send it and we will have a look at it as it must be faulty, I said it will still have the same beam what ever you do to it so no thank you refund please send it back and I will look at it.

Four days later nothing on phone again and after ten mins trying to get me to have it back she said ok I will let you have it back at the e bay price ,no thanks , by the way I found out about our lights on e bay it was one of the shops we supply with lights had put them on there and they did not know how much we were going to charge them and were selling at a loss. RUBBISH SHE HAD TOLD ME NO ONE ELSE SELLS OUR LIGHTS .

So ended refund ok, 5 mins later phone goes again globle how about if I send you one of our forces lights with a much better beam. What are they like , just the same with a tite beam , no I want my money back thanks can you do it now over the phone , no I will do it later , ok , a day and a half later I got it back less the post it cost me £7 to send back thank god all done .