3 springers

Me personaly would go for the HW95k not the 97K.............its just that much lighter for hunting.

But with all that said .................I would buy british and get the BSA lightning because the customer service I have received has been second to none :D

Ps. I own a Lightning tactical and a 95k screw cut.........Pratical tool versus Classy quality.

All the best RatSnatcher

you will find that lighter springers are more hold sensitive than a heavier one....heavier the springer the more recoil is absorbed pretty much a heavier springer with a beech stock rather than a walnut stock would be great....fit a sling to a 97k and dont worry about the weight....i shoot one in hft comps and for hunting..carrying it hours on end and there no trouble,but if you buy a lighter springer get alot of practice in to get the hold right as i mentioned they take a bit more getting used to :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest karlos

The lighting its light got the power to do the job easy to use fooking cocking the tx200hc is easy enough but having 2 piss around with the anti-bear trap or what ever that daft catch is a pain in the arse. the 97k is a lovely gun but yet again a bit heavy if ya out all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Its got to be a toss up between the TX200 or the 97k! all the fixed Barrel guns I prefer to a break barrel! I also like all German engineering so my personal choice would be a 97 in .177 with the TX a very close second....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking about springers, I just got myself a BSA LX TACTICAL .22, I was a bit worried about my own performance with it after shooting a PCR for so long, need'nt to have worried, left the PCR at home and took the Tactical on my shoot after zeroeing it in as best i could in my garden, first shot in the field a rabbit at 25 yards, head shot clean as a whistle, just twitched a bit, 2 more after that and a woody on the way back, a guy wrote a letter in to Airgunner about the pleasures of learning to shoot with a springer again, thats what promted me to get one, Im glad I did, love it.