• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you mean 10 yards to 20 yards

Archer starlight with a firefly laser. Yeah it's expensive, but you can use it for spotting, and in 2 ticks it's back on the scope ready to shoot.

Its quite obvious your knowledge on NV is outdated :whistling: the archer isn't even in the top 3 and the firefly laser is the same, both are well over priced, might of been top bits of kit 10 years ago but now day we know better. :thumbs:

Archer starlight with a firefly laser. Yeah it's expensive, but you can use it for spotting, and in 2 ticks it's back on the scope ready to shoot.

Its quite obvious your knowledge on NV is outdated :whistling: the archer isn't even in the top 3 and the firefly laser is the same, both are well over priced, might of been top bits of kit 10 years ago but now day we know better. :thumbs:

Top 3 of what?. I go by what i have seen and know. I had seen this before i bought it, and i know it does want i want it to do. Plus if it breaks down i got a no quibble guarantee from a company in Britain. You can actually speak to the owner of the company, Julian, and he is happy to talk to you. I have had it now for about 6 months and i can't fault it. You say it's over priced, but like i say, i can't fault it. I would be interested in knowing what you would have bought instead, that includes a IR? .If what i got is as out dated as you say, and there is something that is way better, then I'll put the Archer in the spare bedroom , and buy your suggestion.

The member is asking for the best NV monocular and you suggested the Archer and the firefly laser, i have been using NV for many years and have owned or used most commercial NV also built a fair bit.

I do alot of testing & comparing of NV as its not cheap and its nice to buy the once and get it right, so my advice to you and anyone else that thinking of buying a NV unit is go to a NV meet and see whats out there, you should be able to view a PVS-14 gen3 and an Envis gen3 and the D300 gen2 as for the laser look at the N1000 or the N2000.

Pledgey you are happy with your kit and it does the job and thats the most important thing, if you do get curious take your Archer and firefly laser to a NV meet and hopefully you will find out what i said about and the top 3 :thumbs: then do what most keepers around here have done, use the Archer as a spotter or sell it .

Good read here on the Archer http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?558565-I-think-I-ve-found-the-ultimate-add-on-scope-(-Archer) i would imagine the lad Airtight who started the post did not know how to set the Envis up as its like me saying my mini was better than my BMW M3 :boogy:

Edited by pestcontrol121

pestcontrol, can you tell me where the next nv meet is, very interested in going to one .

distance is not a problem . thanks

derboy . :thumbs:

Hopefully this one will help you derboy

It will be held at Sheffield, will you be attending this one Geoff??

No Andy its a 4hr trip for me and i do try to get to Darrens (lordlardofframs) NV meets, i also do a small NV meet for the game keepers in my area.

the night vision meet will be held probably November aston park fisheries on the a 57

this is [bANNED TEXT] i am using at the moment pvs7 binos jen 3 pvs14 and the bino kite this i put together my self this as a gen3 tube the mag is supposed to be around 6 but its much bigger and probably the best spotting unit you will ever see got to be Worth coming just to look thru. this unit uses no ir if you try to use one it marks the tube i was on a hillside the uther day and was watching badgers probably in the region of a 1000 yards

this is how i bilt it i bought a per of pvs7s of a lad on the bbs this was just the eyepiece . then bought a gen3 autogated tube. then ordered a kite front lens of Julian at stare light put it together and bingo

will put time and date of night vision meet up nearer the time regards pete

the night vision meet will be held probably November aston park fisheries on the a 57

this is [bANNED TEXT] i am using at the moment pvs7 binos jen 3 pvs14 and the bino kite this i put together my self this as a gen3 tube the mag is supposed to be around 6 but its much bigger and probably the best spotting unit you will ever see got to be Worth coming just to look thru. this unit uses no ir if you try to use one it marks the tube i was on a hillside the uther day and was watching badgers probably in the region of a 1000 yards

this is how i bilt it i bought a per of pvs7s of a lad on the bbs this was just the eyepiece . then bought a gen3 autogated tube. then ordered a kite front lens of Julian at stare light put it together and bingo

will put time and date of night vision meet up nearer the time regards pete

There ya go Pete

nvmeeting.jpg