• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you mean 10 yards to 20 yards

Camo I think you best put a price on them for the dogvixen :) ££££££££sssss

PVS 14 US GEN 3 best kit available but hope you have a BIG piggy bank lol http://www.opticsplanet.net/us-nightvision-usnv-pvs-14-monocular-small-arms-kit.html

also if you like US.Gen 3 try D760 http://www.opticsplanet.net/itt-d740-d760-gen-3-night-vision-weapon-sight-riflescope.html

GOOD LUCK in getting your NV

D760 is a dedicated scope he is looking for a mono thats why i did not count inc scopes, but yes you are right if you got the pennies a D760 could be used for spotting, as for prices Envis=£600-1600, 3x mil-spec lens £170 ish, Pvs14=£2100-3000. The enivs with 3x lens will work just as well as the 14

http://www.nightoptics.com/no/product/NO-NS-760-3AGM.htm this 760 would be very nice just like mine :tongue2:

Edited by camo304

...if it is only a monocular to be used for spotting rather than to attach to your scope then you could try something like the Yukon digital Ranger 5x 42 http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=yukon+ranger+5x42&hl=en&prmd=ivns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1440&bih=775&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9220236552514300177&sa=X&ei=3jE1TquhOtH1sgaFoei6Ag&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAA

You would need to allow an £100-£125 for a laser IR for it but that is good enough for spotting foxes out to 300-400 yards in the right conditions.I have one for spotting and then I have a seperate dedicated NV scope on the rifle too, plus that way your lamp man if you have one gets to see the action too.

...if it is only a monocular to be used for spotting rather than to attach to your scope then you could try something like the Yukon digital Ranger 5x 42 http://www.google.co...ved=0CFQQ8wIwAA

You would need to allow an £100-£125 for a laser IR for it but that is good enough for spotting foxes out to 300-400 yards in the right conditions.I have one for spotting and then I have a seperate dedicated NV scope on the rifle too, plus that way your lamp man if you have one gets to see the action too.

i have a yukon ranger but find it difficult to get a clear view with the ranger as i seem to either have a picture which is too bright or slightly out of focus.i was looking for an easier to use spotting device which is more user friendly over variable distances up to 150 yds.what dedicated scope do you use after spotting the fox.tthanks.

dogvixen could name loads but whats your budget ? you will not buy a PVS 14 or Envis new and the same with all USA gen 3 unless you know someone that would get one in for you, never seen an Envis go for less than £1000 in the last year and that was only one at that price which was advertise on here but think it sold on pigeon watch forum.

Edited by pestcontrol121

i spent £300 on pulsar and £145 on a n100 ap laser and £300 on yukon ranger = £745.might have been better off with buying good spotting scope instead.i do not find either the pulsar or ranger good for spotting.i was hoping something would be available for around £ 3-400.pulsar n550 is around £1000 but talked to people who use them and they seem to use a spotting monocular and shoot with the n550.have you ever tried the nd3 laser for spotting or is this just used for shooting.thanks for your advice.

• 3 weeks later...

NVMT4 (badged pulsar)with scope adopter plus ir from scotts country. In comparision to lamping its ruthless. If your quiet you can get with 20-30yds. I certainly spot rabbits at 90yds when attached to scope set at x3. To get a clear image rather than just glowing eyes is 60yds. More than enough for the job. One useful factor is that the add on to scope option means you can also use the a.o./px to range the rabbit. I place 3 small rubber sticky pads onto the px on the scope.wind her upto 12 mag and I know the 1st mark is 25yd,2nd is 40yd,3rd is 60yd. When mr talibunnys eye is in sharp focus you know your range.wind back the mag for a clearer shot and bobs yur uncle.

When taken off the scope and used as spotting with ir its easily 150yds.

I've also experimented with removing the nv unit,refit,test zero.10times. No change in poi at all.

The only draw back i have found which my also be an advantage is the slight fish eye effect (small 20mm i think)viewing area. I really thought this was poor to start with,now however its very helpful,it means you can only see the mil dot clearly when your eye is bang on. Quite useful i feel.

Lastly, takes 30secs to remove and refocus scope for day time use. Hope this helps a wee bit bud

Regards

Cam

do you use additional ir attached to nv for the greater distances.if so what type is it.thanks for advice.

Your N1000 will work with any NV unit and is about the brightest or furthest reaching IR available. Have you thought about a cheap lcd screen for your ranger? I don't own one or never looked through one but I do believe they give a far clearer picture on an additional screen although this is more suited to vehichle hunting.

If you want the best mono for spotting which you could also use for shooting which can be used with or without IR as a mono sell what you've got and get what's been said already...an envis.