i dont refuse to say iam wrong all youve said is its illegal so prove it. nobody has yet if you bother to read its all here say but no legal legislation has been show FACT..

you have jck on me mate FACT

LIKE I SAID SHOW ME THE FACTS I WILL PUT MY HANDS UP AND ADMIT IAM WRONG !!!

SO UNTILL YOU CAN I AINT GOING TO ENTERTAIN YOU.... GOODBYE UNTIL YOU CAN

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just this very minute realised that i'm wrong and your right...............i'm very sorry if i've offended you by my swearing. Good luck in your venture and i'm sure the members on here will thin

Here you go numpty,   An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been dec

I think grant has relised what a total tit he is and what a stupid idea he had but not man enough to hold his hands up

Posted Images

i dont refuse to say iam wrong all youve said is its illegal so prove it. nobody has yet if you bother to read its all here say but no legal legislation has been show FACT..

you have jck on me mate FACT

LIKE I SAID SHOW ME THE FACTS I WILL PUT MY HANDS UP AND ADMIT IAM WRONG !!!

SO UNTILL YOU CAN I AINT GOING TO ENTERTAIN YOU.... GOODBYE UNTIL YOU CAN

Give it up lad the facts are more moral than legal.

I too think it's a stupid idea, BUT............

There is NO SPECIFIC legislation that prevents anyone releasing HEALTHY rabbits onto land with the landowners consent.

It is not uncommon for gundog trainers to use 'Rabbit Pens' to make their dogs steady on rabbits. They do exactly that, although not as frequently as in years gone by because rabbits are so much more numerous now.

This thread seems to turning into the usual THL bollocks, and is a good example of why people don't post so much good stuff on here these days.

I too think it's a stupid idea, BUT............

There is NO SPECIFIC legislation that prevents anyone releasing HEALTHY rabbits onto land with the landowners consent.

It is not uncommon for gundog trainers to use 'Rabbit Pens' to make their dogs steady on rabbits. They do exactly that, although not as frequently as in years gone by because rabbits are so much more numerous now.

This thread seems to turning into the usual THL bollocks, and is a good example of why people don't post so much good stuff on here these days.

Yes alot of people do make small pens to help with the training of there gundogs but they then dont go into the pen thinking there Rambo and shoot them. Its not hunting and its not correct to think otherwise. Whether there is a legal loophole (as usual) to move rabbits its still not morally correct to move them and shoot them when they are a pest. The OP is a shit stirring anti and in the words of Forrest Gump " Stupid is as stupid does"...........

as from the start i did some research and could not find anything that said i couldnt. so thats why i asked.. and people were saying oh you cant its illegal so i asked them to show me where it said i couldnt and they couldnt even show me where... then they start being childish about it having to resort to swearing... it was a totally legitimate question and idiots join in but cant up what they say.

see R.DOCKS is probly the only person to reply that made any valid points. he may not agree with me and i respect that. but i bet labs and sim on morals would say its more moral to buy 2 rabbits from pets at home stick them in a hutch all there lives and then neck the young...

anyway i give up with those two now. its a just a shame that people cant talk openly on this site like me without being slated by people think they know it all unlike me i ADMIT I DONT but they cant seem to show that they do...

such a shame they make such a mess of this and to think lab is a moderator he should not be resorting to swearing on posts. and try backing up his evidence rather than writing it on the back of his hand.

quote:Yes alot of people do make small pens to help with the training of there gundogs but they then dont go into the pen thinking there Rambo and shoot them

so you ok with the rabbit kept in a small pen and being used for training dogs ?

but not ok to keep then in a large pen for the purpose running about having much more of a normal life and then being humainly killed for food ?

quote:its still not morally correct to move them and shoot them when they are a pest.

so i take it that your only botherd as its a pest species if it were not classed as pest you would have no problem. ?

i aint an anti to be honest.. on some thing yes i may be like badger baiting ect. pulling the claws out of the badger and break its jaw then set dogs on it in a hole in the ground... yes then iam anti.. if they didnt do that to the badger then the dogs wouldnt last 10 mins.

but otherwise iam not an anti so i dont know where youre getting that from. once again makeing statements about people with no FACT

quote:Yes alot of people do make small pens to help with the training of there gundogs but they then dont go into the pen thinking there Rambo and shoot them

so you ok with the rabbit kept in a small pen and being used for training dogs ?

but not ok to keep then in a large pen for the purpose running about having much more of a normal life and then being humainly killed for food ?

quote:its still not morally correct to move them and shoot them when they are a pest.

so i take it that your only botherd as its a pest species if it were not classed as pest you would have no problem. ?

i aint an anti to be honest.. on some thing yes i may be like badger baiting ect. pulling the claws out of the badger and break its jaw then set dogs on it in a hole in the ground... yes then iam anti.. if they didnt do that to the badger then the dogs wouldnt last 10 mins.

but otherwise iam not an anti so i dont know where youre getting that from. once again makeing statements about people with no FACT

Goodbye............... :D

I don't think the OP is forest gump but likely the landowner is ...i can't think of one landowner who would let you release rabbits on their land nevermind build a fence and let you dig 2 feet down to put some netting unless its to keep the bloody things out ...another 5 pages of pish and bollocks IMHO

Would placing them in an escape proof field/pen make them captive??? Are there laws relating to this?? then theres the duty of care aspect...supplying fresh food shelter and water and maintaining good health. Im the first to admit that i aint got a clue about any of this ..but i suspect there is a law hidden somewhere which forbids this type of action...Then there,s the moral side of it. atb stabba

Grant, some very anti viewpoints coming to the surface quoting media hype and bullshit, and why would i want to go to pets at home and buy a rabbit to eat the young, tesco would be much cheaper and less hard work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And i qoute i aint an anti to be honest.. on some thing yes i may be like badger baiting ect. pulling the claws out of the badger and break its jaw then set dogs on it in a hole in the ground... yes then iam anti.. if they didnt do that to the badger then the dogs wouldnt last 10 mins.

Sort of rubbish spouted by misinformed antis who think we are all murderous Bill Sykes type characters who dont think we are happy unless scouring the countryside looking for wildlife to mutalate. I think your thread is a little honey trap trying to catch folks put delievering the rabbits, i dont trust you at all and never call folk an anti but with you i'll make the exception. Your first posts come across a i little nieve and trying to illicit a response then your whole style changed. Beware members, a dodgy member, most likely trying to get folk to drop themselves in it...........

post-1118-0-29050300-1313237309.jpg

thanks docks. they wont be going far the field is already fenced off and i have been able to get my hands on a pallet of thick chicken wire 30m rolls i think there is 15 rolls per pallet is slight seconds at 80.00 per pallet, i deliver to the place that makes it they have given me odd rolls for free in the past but i said i felt a bit rude so they have charged me scrap for it. and if i need more its there for me.. so iam gonna sink it a 2ft into the ground all the way round. one field. its prolby only 400yrds long by 100 yrds or so wide. but so long as i keep it clean and tidy he said its ok...

i could understand if i was gonna let them loose onto open fields then yes it would be idiotic, but iam not. end of the day they will be kept penned in safe and well cared for, just like game birds the only difference is on is classed as a pest and one as game,

What's the point of going through all that work, if there aren't enough rabbits spend your time finding more permission instead of putting rabbits on the permission. It seems a bit funny the farmer doesn't mind you doing all this work on his land :hmm: and he must know you are planning on putting rabbits on it. :blink: I doubt his neighbours would approve. I thought THL was a hunting site but it looks like it's open to all sorts. You should go get some pet rabbits from the shop and breed them, you'll have the pen filled in no time. :thumbs: