• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just this very minute realised that i'm wrong and your right...............i'm very sorry if i've offended you by my swearing. Good luck in your venture and i'm sure the members on here will thin

Here you go numpty,   An Order has been made under Section One of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been dec

I think grant has relised what a total tit he is and what a stupid idea he had but not man enough to hold his hands up

Posted Images

I would imagine shooting or hunting with a predatory mammal an animal with no means of escape would be classed as baiting. !!

so that mean cattle on farms pigs in pens aswell then ? they cant escape or do they let the cows into woodland and run round with a bolt gun ive never seen that

Get real kid you don't really see a slaughterman lurking with his airgun camo'd up to feck waiting for a passing cow or setting his american bulldogs on one and slitting its throat while they have it pinned do you, they get taken to a licensed slaughterhouse in as humane a way is possible and at the end of the day they were specifically bred for the job unlike rabbits which will cause a problem to the neighbours in your locality WHEN they get out. If the ground was suitable to house a good population of rabbits then they would already be there. How would you prevent predators from beating you to killing your pet bunnies?

I would imagine shooting or hunting with a predatory mammal an animal with no means of escape would be classed as baiting. !!

so that mean cattle on farms pigs in pens aswell then ? they cant escape or do they let the cows into woodland and run round with a bolt gun ive never seen that

You mean that doesn't happen, well i never. Oh i have just realised, they are farm animals reared for meat under specific legislation with a strict code of conduct for medicating, rearing, feeding, housing and slaughtering......Yet many people also farm rabbits too...........oh but again i have realised they are not suggested capturing a wild animal, relocating it and then keeping it enclosed to kill for sport......silly me......

From a purely legal point of view, I think there is significant information that would warrant this activity illegal.

Firstly the Pests Act of 1954 that has declared England and Wales a 'Rabbit Clearance Area'. I think that introducing rabbits in order to repopulate the land would breach this act as you would be contributing to the problem.

Secondly the Wildlife and Countryside Act of 1981 states that introducing a species that could be introducing non-native genes into a wild species is strictly forbidden. This can have real ramifications for the natural environment and is strictly controlled.

Thirdly the Wild Mammals Protection Act of 1996 states that it is an "offence to intentionally inflict unnecessary suffering" on a wild mammal. This 'suffering' includes stress that I'm sure the rabbits would be under if released/harbored in this manner.

I wish you all the best with your land, but remember to take good care of it -- it's a privilege, not a right.

Edited by Machiavelli

no reply yes cos i been up to work and just got back...iam still waiting for you to find the proof then i will say ok i cant do what i want to do.. i have no problem saying i am wrong, but you still have not found the proof for me. so until you do why dont you just keep you comments to yourself.

You telling porkies General Woundwort? You have been popping on this topic because i have seen you at the bottom :yes: And you haven't been at work as paperboys only work in the morning :boogy:

post-1118-0-71813100-1313185200.jpg

From a purely legal point of view, I think there is significant information that would warrant this activity illegal.

Firstly the Pests Act of 1954 that has declared England and Wales a 'Rabbit Clearance Area'. I think that introducing rabbits in order to repopulate the land would breach this act as you would be contributing to the problem.

Secondly the Wildlife and Countryside Act of 1981 states that introducing a species that could be introducing non-native genes into a wild species. This can have real ramifications for the natural environment and is strictly controlled.

Thirdly the Wild Mammals Protection Act of 1996 states that it is an "offence to intentionally inflict unnecessary suffering" on a wild mammal. This 'suffering' includes stress that I'm sure the rabbits would be under if released/harbored in this manner.

I wish you all the best with your land, but remember to take good care of it -- it's a privilege, not a right.

What he said..............