Alright guys,..

Im struggling with this bitch Stag pup of mine at the moment...im putting it down to age (only around 7-8months) and to a certain degree, her breed/type..

I cant realy say that "Well, shes not bred to be REAL obiediant", but the male Stag i got is very easily handeld in the yard, and when out hunting...I did have problems with him at first, but now i am very happy with him.

The problem with this bitch, is she is the most strong willed Running dog i have ever seen!..lol...she knows best ALL the time...PERIOD!..

Maybe its because i havent got a real close bond with her yet?...i dont know?...but some days her recall is good to average...other days, like last night when up on the mountain, it was non exsistant... :realmad: ...it drives me bonkers sometimes!..lol.

Dont get me wrong guys, these dogs DONT have to be Chatsworth winners...they are realy a "Point and Fire" type...but the male pup has proven to be just as canny a little hunter and mooching dog than any collie cross back home...so i KNOW it can be done...

So heres my main questions...

1}..How can i get her recall more instant?...I think it was LEARNER that said these type of dogs can be good, they just do it in a slower, more methodical manner...which is fine with me, i just wont them to do what i want!..lol.

2}..How should i go about her retreaving?...yes, i KNOW that her recall has to be 100% before all that...and hopefully she will be killing things to big to carry back anyway!..lol...but i do like a dog to carry back...im not bothered about "Alive to hand" and a "Sitting presentaion"...just a simple amble back with the quarry...thats all...

On a good note, she flushed a Jack rabbit last night, and ran it for about 600 yards before it got into a rock heap...and she is VERY determined when running...hopefully this single mindedness will help her to be a good coyote dog?...she certainly wants to get her own way all the time anyway!..lol.

One more thing...she isnt realy bothered about food either, so food rewards dont seem to help much...lol...the female of the species eh?..lol..

Thanks in advance lads/lass'...

Kye...

lol...how did i know YOU would post a smart arse remark!... :11: ...we had the three Staghounds out again last night..just to give them a few runs on the Lure...they can all move fairly, thats for sure!..lol.

Kye...

Cheers Shaun, i will give it a go..."keep 'em lean, keep 'em keen" eh?..lol.

Yeah Stabs...the bitch has a bit more of the Wolfhound about her head...looks more squat but she has a real strong raw about her...she can lock on to summat as well!...lol.

Ole' Blister is doing fine mate...he can motor!...one of the fastest bloody dogs i have seen...yeah, he still has his big Crocodile head!..lol...For some reason, the camera ive borrowed of my mate wont download pictures from the camera to the PC at the moment?...my mate should be coming around to have a look in a couple of days though, hes a little busy at the moment.

I can send you some pics of him, but there about four months old...and funnily enough, he has changed LOADS in just that short amount of time!...

Should be taking them up north five hours...got some permission on a HUGE sheep station...well over 20.000 acres!...supposed to be loaded with game, so im trying to get them a little fit to have a few runs...just lamping and mooching realy...i will take some pics when i go..

Kye..

Is this young bitch of yours kennelled with or near the older male?If she is your more than likely right about your not bonding together yet she could have already bonded with the male dog.In her eyes you are accompanying them out and she is treating you as an equal she has established the male dog as being higher in the pecking order.I agree with Shaunv restricted space one to one.

sometimes i think it's just f*****g females of all species, if my bitch gets it in her head that she dont want to do anything i ask, i have to shout at her as if i want to kill her before she slowly but reluctantly comes round to my way of thinking..... :realmad: ...... sometimes i think i should put her in the kennel and have the dogs in the house...... :11: :yahoo: :11: :yahoo: :11: