New airrifle advice

Guest houndblair

Guest houndblair

Ive never owned my own air rifle always using a mates :D But it my birthday in a few months and am getting my own air rifle :victory: Just i dont know which one to get :hmm: Want it mostly for rabbits and pidgeons but want to be able to take out duck and pheasants too! Im not a very big lad so a heavy f****r is a bit of a handfull :laugh:

you will struggle to get a setup for £200 mate, but a good springer will do you ....any of the weihrauch range are good, you can get a nice hw95k for that price maybe a nice setup from someone too with a scope....wont be a brilliant scope for that money but there good rifles and can always tune them at a later date, then you have the bsa lightning/lightning xl.... im naming lighter rifles here...if i had to have a springer for hunting id go for a hw97k or a silenced tx200hc....but there abit heavier being underlevers.also what calibre are you going for? with a springer .22 beech stocked rifles have less recoil than a .177 :)

If it's a PCP, then there is only one IMHO, Air Arms S200 B) . It would be second hand for that sort of money, there's been a couple for sale on here lately for about the £200 mark. They are light, accurate and so easy to use. Single shot as per standard, which I prefer, or look for one that has been converted to 10 shot, or buy the kit (about £65) and do the job yourself.

The S200 for me is the best all round PCP for the money..............Al :victory:

If you go for a BSA Lightning just go for the standard not Deluxe/XL as your just getting into it you won't need/use walnut effect beech stock or two stage adjustable trigger just a waste of money.

Try www.uttings.com , you can pick up some good deals, plus helpful staff and quick service!