What do you use?

I think I read somewhere that wd40 is great for the metal parts but be careful not to get any on the wood as it will cause it to crack? Is this correct? As I spray on to a cloth to clean the side of the action sometimes I rub to far and and get some on the stock, will this damage the wood?

Thank for the replies

Ant

Any liquid can cause wood to swell and crack, just don't use to much; the damp cloth method works well.

I think I read somewhere that wd40 is great for the metal parts but be careful not to get any on the wood as it will cause it to crack? Is this correct? As I spray on to a cloth to clean the side of the action sometimes I rub to far and and get some on the stock, will this damage the wood?

Thank for the replies

Ant

DONT USE WD40 ON THE BARREL OR METAL

WD40 will wreck the blueing over time on the barrel if you're not careful mate. Trust m, i work in a gun shop and have seen it happen.

Get some good quality gun oil if u want to use it on the barrel.

Cheers mate, I did get a little bottle of beretta gun oil when I bought my gun, also bought some walnut oil for the stock and some spray stuff from the gun shop, but can't remember the name? Red and black can? Also got youngs 303 solvent cleaner for the bores, and a brand new cleaning kit, cost me a bloody fortune! Also just about used my first 250 slab :-)

Hi lads, just wondering what do you use to clean between the gaps on the top rib of your shotguns? I'm new to shot gunning and wanna make sure I look after my gun! Cheers in advance

Atb ant

I find the best method to clean between the thin slits on the rib of my shotgun is the flight feather from a large bird coupled with a quality grade gun oil :thumbs: