agriculture jobs

A reasonable knowledge of the stock/crops your working with, all training will be provided on the job by a short tempered, over worked farmer.

A good preparation for everything to be your fault so high self asteem is a must.

You will be a useless tw*t no matter how hard you try!

Long hours including lots of early mornings and late nights.

A good and civil amount of common sense to use your initative to get the job done as every piece of machinery WILL break on you, (make do and mend!).

Shite pay and a willing to put in more than you take out of the job.

No or very little social life.

A willing to stink of shit, diesel and stock ALL the time, no matter how much you bathe.

A driving licence.

And you must be prepared to go through the initiation and lenghty process of "45 thousand uses for bailing band"

Unless you are willing to go through or undertake the forementioned apply elsewhere. Get a degree with mcdonalds :laugh:

Forgive me if i have forgotten anything, please feel free to add.

• Like 1

A reasonable knowledge of the stock/crops your working with, all training will be provided on the job by a short tempered, over worked farmer.

A good preparation for everything to be your fault so high self asteem is a must.

A good and civil amount of common sense to use your initative to get the job done as every piece of machinery WILL break on you, (make do and mend!).

A willing to stink of shit, diesel and stock ALL the time, no matter how much you bathe.

A driving licence.

And you must be prepared to go through the initiation and lenghty process of "45 thousand uses for bailing band"

Unless you are willing to go through or undertake the forementioned apply elsewhere. Get a degree with mcdonalds :laugh:

You must have worked for my old boss . The wages can look good on paper but the amount of hours you do for it makes it just not worth it . At times its a case of get up go to work come home go to bed , get up go to work etc . One upside is its easy to get permissions , the downside is you dont get much time to use it .

• Like 1

hi all, does anyone know how the farming jobs are going at the momment for arable and live stock, as in pay, qualifications, how easy is it to get into etc etc

Very hard to get into and low pay generally. Afraid to sound like an old fart BUT nowdays most jobs require formal qualifications and you have a better chance of getting the job you want with them..........

A driving licence.

Now tell him the downsides Moxy :laugh:

the other year i took a job on a farm driving a tractor (tatties) as the roofing work was a bit slow, 1hr in the machine with another fella (training) and off you go blink.gif it fooked my back more than roofing as your always looking behind at the trailer yes.gif nice machine mind wink.gif i lasted a day ohmy.gif and fooked it off thumbs.gif

it can be sh#t pay but if u can put up with the long hours its fine ive been doing it for the last 25 years now a manager after doing all the cr#p the best bit of advice is get in with someone thats in the job and help him out as mutch as u can and more and dont moan about any shit job u may get :victory::boogie:

A driving licence.

a perfect explenation :notworthy: 3 years of collage for me then 3 years of farm work then i had to make a job change for your above explenation but you forgot girls dont like tired, skint and smelly blokes :laugh:

Edited by tomburras

A driving licence.

a perfect explenation :notworthy: 3 years of collage for me then 3 years of farm work then i had to make a job change for your above explenation but you forgot girls dont like tired, skint and smelly blokes :laugh:

thats me fecked, i married a tired, skint, smelly farm boy :laugh:

and to think i turned down a couple of young rich farmers :o