Hi gang,

has anyone else experienced the following?

On wednesday eve at sywell, northants, I went as part of a team for an informal clay flush competition.

I'm a relative newcomer to shotgunning and especially clay shooting, but was surprised to find that our team was doing very well.

Thoughts went from "hope we don't come last", to "We might win this!".

In fact at the halfway point we were ahead of the pack!

Came second in the end with a score of 280 ex 300. :gunsmilie:

Then yesterday, I got persuaded to go to a little club flush. Shot abysmally.

Was it the peeing rain? Using no9 shot for the first time or just different targets? i shot like a div either way and don't think I was shooting as I should. :censored:

Am I the only one who's performance can go from hero to zero in 2 days? I hope not.

All the best

Duncan

• 1 month later...

Hi gang,

On wednesday eve at sywell, northants, I went as part of a team for an informal clay flush competition.

I'm a relative newcomer to shotgunning and especially clay shooting, but was surprised to find that our team was doing very well.

Was it the peeing rain? Using no9 shot for the first time or just different targets? i shot like a div either way and don't think I was shooting as I should. :censored:

Am I the only one who's performance can go from hero to zero in 2 days? I hope not.

All the best

Duncan

join the club mate, we all do it i shoot in cpsa AA class at sporting and in off days like a D CLASS SHOOTER. atb joe. :yes:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Hi gang,

All the best

Duncan

I think you will find that the reason our score was so good is I was shooting with you and even time you missed one I covered it for you :toast:

Cookie

Hi gang,

All the best

Duncan

I think you will find that the reason our score was so good is I was shooting with you and even time you missed one I covered it for you :toast:

Cookie

Hey dude - I counted my misses; totalled 6/75 !

Actually, I was covering for you and Scott on the last flush :thumbs:

ATB

D

• 3 weeks later...

Happens all the time to me. Hard to try and workout why as there seems to be no logic behind it. It doesnt seem to matter which gun I use, cartridges or how alert / sleepy I feel, sometimes I hit anything I aim at, other times I cant hit a barn door!

btw... Is there a clay shoot at sywell?

Did you have a drink the night before? If i have a drink the night before i cant shoot for shit. Dont know if its a slower response or what but if i ever have a day organised i never drink the night before.... :thumbs: