Poaching Books

As already been said ,THE GREAT GAME,by HAROLD WYMAN, its one of those books you can read again and again.

As already been said THE GREAT GAME a cracking book, another one i read which is a true story and a good read is KENZIE The Wild Goose Man by colin willcock about a poacher turned naturalist, defo worth a read :thumbs: Cheers Atb
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just found a very interesting book to read which has been well written and published by an 80 year old Born and Bred Scottish Highlander called Euilleam Ross, and aptly named "Ring Around the Moon".

I have to say i was thoroughly entertained with the True stories within this book covering the Antics of Poachers evading the Police and Gamekeepers throughout the Highland region.

To gave you some idea of what its about;

The author Euilleam Ross, now in his 80th year has recorded and written some of his personal experiences from past years with the help of his colourful and humoristic companions, such as "Jock the Lad" and others who were heavily involved in Highland Poaching at the time.

This book "Ring Around the Moon" provides an insight into Highland Poaching life, but also to the Highland way of life, some 70 years ago.

Euilleam the Author regards himself as one of the last surviving Highland "Punt Gunners" who used a Black powder muzzle-loading gun in the pursuit of wildfowl.

This unique experience is shared within the book with his readers.

"Jock the Lad" as his close friends referred to him as, was a true Scottish born Highlander and most avid Poacher who simply just loved all types of Poaching.

This is a great bedtime book with numerous True Stories to read within this A4 size paperback book.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a very interesting book to read which has been well written and published by an 80 year old Born and Bred Scottish Highlander called Euilleam Ross, and aptly named "Ring Around the Moon".

I have to say i was thoroughly entertained with the True stories within this book covering the Antics of Poachers evading the Police and Gamekeepers throughout the Highland region.

To gave you some idea of what its about;

The author Euilleam Ross, now in his 80th year has recorded and written some of his personal experiences from past years with the help of his colourful and humoristic companions, such as "Jock the Lad" and others who were heavily involved in Highland Poaching at the time.

This book "Ring Around the Moon" provides an insight into Highland Poaching life, but also to the Highland way of life, some 70 years ago.

Euilleam the Author regards himself as one of the last surviving Highland "Punt Gunners" who used a Black powder muzzle-loading gun in the pursuit of wildfowl.

This unique experience is shared within the book with his readers.

"Jock the Lad" as his close friends referred to him as, was a true Scottish born Highlander and most avid Poacher who simply just loved all types of Poaching.

This is a great bedtime book with numerous True Stories to read within this A4 size paperback book.

Sounds a good read will try and find this one :thumbs: