Brit & interested in Dogging Boars? - Video added!

OK - any Brits/Euros out there who would be interested in sticking Wild Boar - in a convenient country where it is legal?

A good friend has a pack of pig dogs, thick horrible bush, rocky hills and muddy swamplands...... a large knife and a sense of humour.

Excellent accomodation, cheap flights and the chance for the sort of long weekend break that you will remember for ever.

Costs (v. reasonable) still to be sorted - but at the moment I'm chasing numbers to see if this will work.

PM me please with your user name - will contact you with details.

Rgds Ian ;)

Edited by IanF
  • 3 months later...

pmed you mate, please could you reply a month or so before trip! :clapper::clapper:

Mate - we went last weekend..... it was awesome!! :cry:

Nah, not really! Still getting numbers together but its looking as though there is enough interest to get this working.

PMs with initial info going out in the next day or two.

Keep well!

Ian :victory:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks.

Just back from a couple weeks out on the ground. Pretty much ready to start putting something together - will try and pm all who have expressed interest with an idea of costs and options. Hopefully by the end of the week!

rgds Ian :)

Edited by IanF
Hi Folks.

Just back from a couple weeks out on the ground. Pretty much ready to start putting something together - will try and pm all who have expressed interest with an idea of costs and options. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Could you pm me the details please mate?

Cheers

Hi Folks.

Could you pm me the details please mate?

Cheers

We do it all the time, in the real wild in the Ardennes and the German Eiffel. I go in the drive (maize or thick cover) to chase out the boars with my terriers (small terriers are best as big or stupid ones get hit too hard and too often) and a knife, and each one my dogs have caught, I stab in the heart. After the hunt I go blood tracking for animals that are gunshot injured and that way I catch another number of them with just one or 2 terriers! They are all genuine wild boars and many terrier packs do this in continental Europe. The German terrier is the best of all as it gives voice like a hound and has a real good nose and game sense, and doesn't hunt too wide. The guns are around the drive waiting to shoot the animals the dogs get to run out. My dogs are very good at boar hunting and I can guarantee that if they are in, they will come out if we are given time!

• 11 months later...

Folks - the best part of a year later and it looks like a goer. There has been a pause while my mate tried to import a pack of Oz pig dogs - to add to his three Dogo Argentino.

That little scheme went horribly wrong - the law suits are flying as we speak. Suffice to say that the ground is still leaping with pork and the Dogos are working well.

I have just had a week there, and took the opportunity to help get a young boar out from the breeding pen where he had taken up residence. Mouflon lambs are not the best thing to have sharing with a Wild Boar!

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/IanF/?...nt=boaring1.flv

Enjoy! :)

Rgds Ian

• 4 months later...