• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the dogo, a breed with a full pighunting pedigree and awesome nature, my mate up the east coast still runs one ;) a little bit big for nz bush but they are capable of doing the job in our thick scrub. the dogo would have taken the aussie scene by force i reckon, the placement of the breed wrongly as a fighting breed and the insult of being classed as a type of pit bulll was the death of a great breed downunder. they are in oz but all ex nz bloodlines and that blood is pretty inbred now, crossing them don't help the future of the breed but they add alot to any pigdog line.a great breed more class than a stinky old pit lol.

love the dogo, a breed with a full pighunting pedigree and awesome nature, my mate up the east coast still runs one ;) a little bit big for nz bush but they are capable of doing the job in our thick scrub. the dogo would have taken the aussie scene by force i reckon, the placement of the breed wrongly as a fighting breed and the insult of being classed as a type of pit bulll was the death of a great breed downunder. they are in oz but all ex nz bloodlines and that blood is pretty inbred now, crossing them don't help the future of the breed but they add alot to any pigdog line.a great breed more class than a stinky old pit lol.

lol, i take it you dont rank the pitbull too highly then? didnt you breed a litter a while back?

no don't rate the pitbull at all, over rated,over bred,over aggressive and over here. the british bull breeds are far more user friendly and don't carry the public's hatred,shit wait til clinton reads this lol. it's the type of owner the pitbull attracts not the breed itself, but we have only ever had 3 dog deaths in nz and they where all by pitbulls and laws where passed that included the dogo, an innocent breed in my opinion so i will always hate the pit breed for what it has done to the dogo in nz, i owned a dogo bitch at the time of the first public outrage when a five year old girl had her face ripped apart by a pit at a public park, and as a dad myself i was horrified, the dog was owned by a couple of fags who where charged/jailed and banned from owning a dog for 5 years, 6 months later they where back in the news after being caught with another pit running around off the lead in the same park :cry:

kiwi reson i asked was because i got some new tapes from the texas(got family out there) called dogs on hogs,feckin awsome :icon_eek: hunts a pack of blackmouth curs and dogos for the fun bit,any good dvd or films to be had out there?or boar hunting holidays?

No they're not legal :)

Legal ???? Is there such a thing as a illegal dog... or is it one other people think you should not have because they dont like them, they havent banned rotties and they were the dogs that killed the little girl that got doggos and pitbulls banned over here.

I just think that the pitbulls looked the part that was their downfall...imho..

No they're not legal :)

Legal ???? Is there such a thing as a illegal dog...

Afraid there is Apollo.... but I know what you mean

or is it one other people think you should not have because they dont like them, they havent banned rotties and they were the dogs that killed the little girl that got doggos and pitbulls banned over here.

I just think that the pitbulls looked the part that was their downfall...imho..

And they weren't kc registered so they fell foul of all the money makers that were losing out as the popularity of the traditional "macho" breeds was diminishing with the rise of the pit....

staffs,bull mastiffs,english b/t,bulldog, all these breeds have been used for generations before the pit showed up.

nz followed the uk in regards to breeds that are banned, pits,tosa's,fila and the poor dogo. there are plenty still here as the ban is only a few years old.

the english bull breeds are the best, just because they don't have the dogfighting preydrive like the pit don't make them any harder than a well bred english staff on pigs.

thats the boys dale some machine egh?

i dont have any intrest in pig hunting ect , but yes they look machines :) i just thought id share the photos i found :clapper: maybe if there was somewhere i could hunt boar ect i would lol ,

Dale