Hancock dogs?

I've had a few and seen a lot aswell and if you put the work in they can make decent dogs got a bitch here now thats not a bad bitch. :thumbs:

Would you rather go to him for a pup or get a pup out of two of his dogs (or any collie x's) that had been well tested?

I'm a bit slow mate not retarded :tongue2: .........of course I'd get a pup of tested parents,anybody in there right mind would but not everybody as that luxury. :thumbs: One advantage with Hancock is you know 100% what your getting not all breeders are as truthful.

this subject always gets people fighting and bickering as a one time owner of hancock bred dogs i can say that the man is true to his word and only breeds what he believes are going to be good dogs after all they are pups and if they turn out crap who do you blame not the owner but the breeder how many of the hancock knockers would turn round and say they made mistake in training their pup lets be honest here lads if you sold pup and heard the bloke slagging you of would be straight on phone telling him he not got a clue about dogs and must of been doing it wrong ive had and seen good and bad hancocks as in all dogs and breeds to the knockers i say this look at the way you trained and introduced the dog to hunting and what its faults are then say could ive done it diffrent andwas it my doing the dog is crap as to the lad who stated hancocks dogs soft well my dog had over 100 fox in a season and can say you know yours might of been shite but you might be shite at working a dog

• Like 5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this subject always gets people fighting and bickering as a one time owner of hancock bred dogs i can say that the man is true to his word and only breeds what he believes are going to be good dogs

Try leaving you pc for a bit instead of spouting the same old shit

You've fair come on in a year.

I run to dogs a 5/8 3/8 bull grey and a 1st cross thanks why it concerns you I'd like to no as the topic asked views on hancocks not what I run ,

Tells you all you need to know really.

Yours in sport Pernod

I run to dogs a 5/8 3/8 bull grey and a 1st cross thanks why it concerns you I'd like to no as the topic asked views on hancocks not what I run ,

Well you are spouting the shit about you ain't seen a good one........well I ain't seen many good bull x's does that make them all shit?

Thought so.........they any good on rabbits?

people say start with a pup and you only got yourself to blame if it turns out shite but this doesnt seem to apply if you buy one of hancock so many people on here seem to have double standards is not a pup which is 100 per cent the breed man said it is better than a pup of breeding uncertain how many of the knockers would knock any dog they spoilt while traing and say its my fault and not the dogs not many i dont keep hancocks myself these days but nowt against the dogs or hancock and would buy one again

at least you know what your getting they are not all going to be worldbeaters same as any other cross but you get out what you put in to them as far as ime concerned .and the man is perfectly honest about his dogs at the end of the day he has been going 30 odd years he wouldnt still be going if they were that bad .

Well I'm getting mine off him in 2 weeks so there you are.All I can say is him and his daughter have been straight up with me so I'll take my chances. waited a while for the pup I wanted but apart from the rare occasions I always say you get out what you put in (fingers crossed)

Stoaty

Oddly enough I'm going to buy a Hancock pup in the next week because I'm sick and tired of spending 4mths looking at sh1t pups out of dogs that the owners profess to be world-beaters that they can recount numbers of killers over the last seasons etc like it was last night... yet they can't remember from one conversation to the next what 'kin breeding their dogs are (Saluki/GH x Collie/GH one night then Bull/GH x Beddie/Whippet the next)! :wallbash:

its funny this site most of the people who put pups for sale or mention breading there dogs get ripped for a few reasons

• dog not old enough to be tested
  • you cant use a track gray as they are not workers
  • only ever by a pup from proven working stock that has seen a good few seasons graft

now are all hancocks dogs and bitches well proven working stock??

its funny this site most of the people who put pups for sale or mention breading there dogs get ripped for a few reasons

• dog not old enough to be tested
  • you cant use a track gray as they are not workers
  • only ever by a pup from proven working stock that has seen a good few seasons graft

now are all hancocks dogs and bitches well proven working stock??

No they not from working parents but they're not claimed to be..........I've not seen a Hancock dog that given the right training hasn't turned into a decent rabbiting dog,all aspects of rabbiting.I've also owned some very decent dogs for other stuff pre-ban. :thumbs: