What rifle and calibre do you use ?

Just wondering what you guys use for stalking and what calibre you prefer ?

I have a CZ 550 in 243 Winchester, it aint screw cut even though I have a slot for a mod, will prob add one in the future.

I also have this down for foxing smile.gif

Just wondering what you guys use for stalking and what calibre you prefer ?

I have a CZ 550 in 243 Winchester, it aint screw cut even though I have a slot for a mod, will prob add one in the future.

I also have this down for foxing :)

Hi mate,.243 weatherby vanguard,PES moderator,cloverleaf groups @ 100yds with my homeloads,have it for fox and deer,oh and the trusty .22 hornet :thumbs: .243 does everything I want for now think if I got anything else it would be the splendid 25-06 :cheers:

Sako finlight 6.5x55 for deer fox with custom moderator.

Tikka 690 DLX 7mm rem mag with custom muzzle brake. LOVE THIS BUT ALL OF YORKSHIRE KNOW WHEN I PULL THE TRIGGER. :icon_eek: deer and fox.

Mannlicher HS .222 mag munjac cWD and roe in scotland and fox , ground game

Sako 75 SS 22250 fox and legal deer, ground game. custom mod.

I don't really have a preference, depends on what deer I am stalking. Yesterday on the Bucks, I was shooting my .243 Mannlicher pro-hunter, topped with 8x56 S&B scope, loaded with 80 grain rem SP bullets. It's a light weight sweet rifle to shoot and as I was calling and in woodland shooting at short ranges the rifle fitted the bill and resulted in a fine buck. (Used for Deer and Fox).

If I stalking reds, I'll use my .308 Remington SPS tactical, topped with 6x42 S&B, loaded with 165 grain SP. I love both combs to bits and both do a fine job, each have advantages and disadvantages over each other. Horses for courses me thinks. (used for Deer and boar).

And for everything else, I have a .22lr CZ (soon to be fitted with a thumb-hole stock / this week I hope), trigger has been done, barrel cut and re-crowned, topped with a 6x42 S&B. Not much of the original rifle left but I wouldn't be with out it.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero
  • 1 month later...

Hiya, I use a Remmy 700sps in .243, with a Meopta 6x42 scope, T8 Mod, and Edgar Bros Bipod, soon to be replaced by a Harris 27in Bipod...also got a CZ Silhouette 17HMR, with an 8x56 scope, and Sak mod..and a CZ Silhouette .22 Rimmy, with a 3x9x56 scope, and a Sak mod..:) I love synthetic stocks..LOL..:)

I have had a clearout of things i did not use.

Have still got a CZ 452 in 22LR for bunnies

Ruger M77 with Hungarian 8x56 S&B and T4 in 223 Remington for foxes

Sauer 202 outback with German variable S&B and T8 in 308 for deer

Maybe changing things around later in the year, dropping the 223 and getting another 22-250 or 243 but we will see.

post-63750-0-18044600-1314965898.jpg

Edited by CWY308

.243AI, Remmy SPS, but I fecked the remmy stock off and put a decent stock on it, it's now a semi custom build.

Border barrel, macmillan stock, Nightforce scope, it wears an Atec mod normally but not shown in these pics.

IMG_0253Medium.jpg

With the old Macmillan stock....

Stag007Medium.jpg

I am a .243ai fan, there are better calibres out there for the bigger species, i.e. 6.5, .270 but the .243ai does me for my needs.

Remington model 7 stainless synthetic ( PS Precision stock)

.260 rem with 129 gr hornaday Sp interlock for muntijack fallow woodland.

Accuracy international

7.62 x 51 with 155 gr hornaday sst for fallow on open areas/fields

Have .22/250 conditioned as well

Edited by coldweld