Game tethers for sale

Thats a fair response duckwing and to be honest they kind of reply i was expecting in regards to profiteering.

A little helping hand or guidence sometimes goes a long way though, as does constructive criticism or feedback. If you feel that the chords are substandard then tell holly where she is going wrong so she can rectify the mistakes or withdraw her ad and stop selling. Its up to you if you do or not and to be honest it makes no difference to me, i would personally prefer to be helpful than derogatory (sometimes :tongue2: )

It would be interesting to see different variations of leg teathers, especially from around the globe.

What birds do you keep holly??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL H/F & MOXY ,   I HAVE QUITE AFEW PICTURES OF TOP CLASS TIE - CORDS AND HITCHES HOWEVER SINCE THE BOARD UP-DATE A WHILE AGO IVE BEEN UNABLE TO ADD PHOTOS , DONT KNOW WHY ? IVE CONTA

WELL , WHERE TO START FIRST ...... ?   FIRSTLY LETS CALL THEM BY THEIR PROPER NAME TIE CORDS ,... NOT TEATHERS !   MOXY ,......   LET ME SAY IVE HELPED ONE HELL OF A LOT OF LADS OUT BY S

IAM AFRAID WHEN I KEPT GAMEFOWL .......   I CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE PUTTING A BIRD I VALUED ON SUCH TIE CORD , THEY ARE NOT , IMO ... UP TO THE JOB OF KEEPING A COCK SAFE WHILST LIVING ON A TEE - PEE

Posted Images

Moxy thanks for your constructive criticism,and duckwing thanks for your slagging..

the cords are handmade cut from 1.4m leather,and treated with leather dressing to stop cracking,and waterproof.. the rings are 1 1/4 " brass plated o rings,NOT ferret rings, the swivels are 1" brass plated,sourced from falconary supplies, that have birds up to the size of Golden eagles trusted on them!!! The cord is 3mm paracord You could hang yourself with!!

everything hand whipped with wax cotton,and heat seared to seal.PROFITERING at £ 4.00?????? Get a grip man,you spend that time makeing one and try get rich!!!!!!!

DUCKWING pm me your address i will send you a tie for FREE,and then when you have tried one out then i would be all ears open to how i could improve this product.....I will make them up in neopream if folks want,but did they have neoprene when the ole boys started out? Leather was the 1st they were tied out on... Here is some more photos ,close uo of what i'm makeing,thought i might offer them here just cause no one is doing them..I bought one from a guy on ebay,ONLY one selling them,it was crap,so i improved it drasticly...Who else do you guys buy from at this price??

Maken got the right idea, import them,but please put up address,so there is an option. In the mean time, that bird in the pic on the tetheris my pride and joy and i trust its good enough for himpost-17343-0-24837600-1311437213_thumb.jpg

post-17343-0-43323100-1311437176_thumb.jpg

WELL , WHERE TO START FIRST ...... ?

FIRSTLY LETS CALL THEM BY THEIR PROPER NAME TIE CORDS ,... NOT TEATHERS ! :doh:

MOXY ,......

LET ME SAY IVE HELPED ONE HELL OF A LOT OF LADS OUT BY SHOWING THEM HOW TO MAKE TIE - CORDS ETC , ETC , ETC , JUST THIS AFTERNOON IVE HAD 3 OLD FRIENDS HERE THAT I DID JUST THAT FOR YRS AGO ........ NEVER ANY MONEY INVOLVED JUST FRIENDSHIP

GOOD HONEST MEN CAN ALWAYS RELY ON ME FOR HELP FREE OF CHARGE .......AS A FEW ON HERE CAN TESTIFY TOO .......

HOLLY ,......

A FAULT OF MINE IS I TELL THE TRUTH ..... AND SOMETIMES IT HURTS ..... I WONT APOLOGISE FOR IT

WHEN I SAY THEY ARENT UP TO THE JOB I MEAN IT ,..... A GAMECOCK ISNT A FALCON ON THE CORD A FEW HOURS PER DAY , NOPE .... A COCK WILL LIVE ON THAT CORD DAY AND NIGHT THROUGHOUT THE YEAR THE COCK WILL BE PULLING THAT CORD THROUGH WET , MUD , FROST , SNOW AND SUN .....OVER GRASS , STONES TWIGS ETC ,

FIRSTLY ...... THE HITCH IS THE WRONG DESIGN TO BE MADE FROM LEATHER .... AS IVE SAID

AND .....YES ....... THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH LEATHER IN THE RIGHT DESIGN ......

SECOND .....

THE TYPE SWIVELS USED WILL RUB THE BRASS OFF ON THE GROUND AND RUST PLUS THAT TYPE SEIZE UP WITH THE MUDDY COLD WEATHER AS THEY BALL WITH MUCK AND FREEZE ,IVE TRIED A FEW OF THE SELF SAME ONES THEY ARENT UP TO THE JOB ...... PERSONALLY I LIKE AT LEAST TWO SWIVELS ON A CORD

THIRD ,........

THE CORD SHOULDNT BE WHIPPED ESPECIALLY WITH WAXED COTTON WHICH ROTS ,.....3 MM PARA IS OK , THOUGH I PREFER A HEAVIER GAUGE WHICH IS CORED , THIS HAS A RIGIDITY LACKING IN THE PRODUCT YOU USE WHICH WILL TANGLE TILL COATED IN MUD ........AND I PREFER A LONGER CORD

MACKEM ,

THERES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN WEATHER CONDITIONS BETWEEN THE ISLANDS AND BRITAIN / IRELAND , SOME OF THEIR SET UPS ARE NOT SUITABLE HERE .......... JUST LIKE THEIR FOWL

HORSES FOR COURSES

DUCKWING :big_boss:

• Like 2

Duckwing you are the kiddy!!! or are you? Post some proof of what are the (TIE cords of supremity),the extream conditions that you talk of are not experienced in this country. if they were what man in his right mind would keep a bird tied up in minus condition's.

Holly has been very honest in her answer,andmade her "TIE" to the best of her abilities,she does not profess to be a master game bird guru. cut the girl some slack,and step up to the mark duckwing, put up or shut up!!!!!!

There's only one guy in britain that selling these tethers or TIE CORDS, he's on e bay, they are well infearer to what i was selling and more expensive. From now on you can either buy from him on e bay or direct to the big man DUCKWING as i have from now on revoked these from sell.

Go back to your elastic bands and bailing twine that i have seen alot on.

Thanks for all of you with intelligent posts.

Best regards

Holly

CUMBYE ,

STRANGE HOW BOTH YOU AND HOLLY ARE FROM SOMERSET ?????? :hmm:

AS IVE SAID EARLIER , AND AS IANB CAN TESTIFY TO I CANNOT POST PICKS ON HERE ANYMORE ..... HOW PLAIN CAN I BE ??? :blink:

WEATHER EXTREMES ..... ?????

ARE YOU FOR REAL ? ...... THE PAST TWO YEARS WE HAVE HAD 6 WEEKS OF SNOW ON THE GROUND EACH YEAR IN THIS AREA WITH SNOW OF UP TO 2 FEET DEEP AT ANY ONE TIME , MONSOON LIKE RAIN THIS LAST MONTH INTERSPED WITH SCORTCHING HOT DAYS ..... FREEZING TEMPERATURES DOWN TO - 15 AT NIGHT AND - 3 DAYLIGHT HIGHS DURING THE WINTER ETC , ETC !!!!

AS FOR KEEPING BIRDS ON CORDS DURING SUCH WEATHER IT CAN BE DONE WITH WORK AND KNOWLEDGE ... BOTH OF WHICH I CAN TELL YOU DONT POSSESS ...... :yes:

I DONT PROFESS TO BE A GAMEFOWL GURU FELLA JUST A LAD THAT KEPT A FEW FOR A LONG TIME , NOW SADLY NO MORE

DUCKWING

• Like 1

There's only one guy in britain that selling these tethers or TIE CORDS, he's on e bay, they are well infearer to what i was selling and more expensive. From now on you can either buy from him on e bay or direct to the big man DUCKWING as i have from now on revoked these from sell.

Go back to your elastic bands and bailing twine that i have seen alot on.

Thanks for all of you with intelligent posts.

Best regards

Holly

Thats a shame :no: