Totally gutted lads

Edited as advised by Mark

Gutted

Check this out lads, I’m just totally shocked.

The charity dont want any thing to do with us due to the fact that the money will be rasied via killing rabbits and birds and animal cruelty will be involved :blink:

Well talk about being gob smacked or what.

So lads I’m now back to the drawing board and all the work I’ve done as been for nothing unless we find a charity that will recieve our raised monies.

Anyone got any ideas? Help for Heroes springs to mind but I’m open for offers.

Can I ask that you all remove your adverts from your signatures and face books etc?

I am deleting all my videos on YouTube anyway (Christian Lewis Ones) as I feel embarrassed myself now and a real prat.

I also dont want to upset them or end up with a law suit on me for advertising them when i shouldnt do. :icon_eek: .

I did send them a reply but should of waited and thought about my wording more before sending it :doh: It wasnt abusing or anything, just came from my feelings at the time.

Cheers and I await your ideas and comments lads

Si

Edited by zini

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the girls did the calendar a few years back the money went to lurcherlink and one of the cancer charities, neither of them turned their noses up at it. Cant think which cancer charity it was but

hello i would first not feel any embarrasment about what IS A LAWFULL activity and i would certainly not worry about any lawsuite taking place , in fact i would welcome it i dont know if your a m

Posted Images

Talk about ungrateful or what!!

Nowt to feel embarrassed or a prat about mate....their loss!

Help for Heroes or Cancer Research is my suggestion mate, more pointing towards H4H what with quite a few of us being ex-military and you still serving mate

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

thats a bit pony to say the least si, sorry to hear it mate.

i reckon that help for heroes would be grateful for any help offered, so maybe they're worth a call? be a shame for all your work to be for nowt.

cheers, wurz

Yes I am defo up for H4H if everyone else is happy with this then we can go a head with them and Ill get in touch with them and speak to them.

What do you all think?

Happy with H4H?

All those in favour "say I" or leave a charity suggestion.

Si

Edited by zini

Yes I am defo up for H4H if everyone else is happy with this then we can go a head with them and Ill get in touch with them and speak to them.

What do you all think?

Happy with H4H?

Si

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I'd think twice about sending your reply though mate

Maybe the charity doesnt want to be associated with hunting for fear of retribution from Anti's

What I mean is if they were to receive a large regular donation from someone, who then finds out they have allowed our contributions and they are against what we stand for they might stop theirs

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

Yep true Darrly good point :thumbs:

Doesnt stop the fact that it bugs the hell out of me though :censored: and the fact that i personally phoned the charity last week and the owner said sorry can you phone another day as Im shopping at the moment and our working hours are -----. I then tried to explain what we were doing and she said Im busy and put the phone down on me :wallbash:

Si

Edited by zini

Yep true Darrly good point :thumbs:

Doesnt stop the fact that it bugs the hell out of me though :censored:

Si

Know what you mean mate, after the effort you put in just for the trailer but I'm sure someone, somewhere will appreciate our hard work and cash!

Darryl

Just phoned the charity before they closed.

Asked what the reason was and the lady said that its because the money will be raised from killing rabbits and birds and they dont want anything to do with that sort of animal abuse :o

I just said thanks and said goodbye.

Si

What a blooming shame.

I can see why you sent that reply now.

The association with Hunting ( As already said ) was proberbly the stumbling block.

The attitude of the person you spoke to is nothing short of contemptable.

Out of working hours or not, she could have been more helpfull, and accomadating.

I expect the children she champions would like to get out shopping too.

Makes you wonder dosnt it.

the money will be raised from killing rabbits and birds and they dont want anything to do with that sort of animal abuse :o

It's not abuse it's vermin/pest control ;)

but they'd probably see them as wuvvly flwuffy bunnys!!! :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbs:

Darryl

Yea thanks Bill :thumbs: .

I saw that you were writing a reply then stopped and then was again and stopped (well it looked that way anyway :tongue2:).

I knew that my reply to them would have got your back up at first (thanks for holding out on the slaughter ;) ) thats why i explained better later on so you new the full facts :thumbs:

Si

Its a shame and to be honest a lot of the charities will have an exacting set of politicaly correct conditions about where they get fundraising money from and also the type of event/activity.

I work with a lot of the major charities providing events for them year on year, The best and most sensible advice I can give is this:

Sell the DVD as DVD in its own right, then make a personal donation to your chosen charity. Even H4H will not want to have associations with the lawful control of pest species using any of the recognised legal methods.

Its sad but true.

Dont get too miffed about it mate, although thats far easier for me to say than for you to feel.

Another very sensible thing to do would be to edit your initial post and delete this persons details as Im sure if they found out they would not be too happy about their response being put up on an internet forum where they may or may not have the right to reply, just a thought.

Yeah i see what your saying Mark.

Will sort something out.

Just a hell of a lot of man hours as gone into the editing so far.

Will change the format and not make mention to any charities in the future.

Probably best to send a annonymous donation.

Si.