going to make a ferret hutch

I will be looking for a small type Hutch to use as temporary accommodation to put a Jill in to separate her from the Vasectomised Hob, till she comes out of season, next Year, with the price of Wood would it be cheaper to buy a flat pack from ebay?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 rabbit hutches attatched at a right angle,for the jills one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch underneeth those for the hobs, those are in the shed, I built shelving to put the 2 rabbit hutches on and i

Heres one i made, took some time to bend the bowed plywood but a good finish.       YIS D

Posted Images

I will be looking for a small type Hutch to use as temporary accommodation to put a Jill in to separate her from the Vasectomised Hob, till she comes out of season, next Year, with the price of Wood would it be cheaper to buy a flat pack from ebay?

edited to say reread it and my reply was total bollocks :icon_redface::D

Edited by KittleRox

ive got 3 hutches at the minute, one 5x3x5 for my hob which i made myself, its got two floors connected by a ladder, the upstairs being its 'bedroom' and feeding area and the downstairs has things for him to play with.

one 6x2x4, again connected by ladders, a 'bedroom' on each floor and an area for feeding and playing.

i then have a much smaller 2x1.5x2 which i used when one of my kits was ill just to seperate it to make sure it was getting enough food and rest from the other little buggers! haha

im planning on attaching the smaller hutch to a run which im going to make soon so that in the summer i can leave them out for a few hours so that they can have some room to run about a bit!

-- not too sure on how to upload pics but once i find out i'll get it done :)

I wait till the councils renovating houses then go round and get the old floor boards then the hutches that are made from them are solid and give a hasp and paddlock some security like like ply or chipboard

Bas icily what I meant was, if making a small hutch for temporary use, with the price of wood are you better buying one of these cheap rabbit hutches and convert and strengthening, or buy sheets of ply.I will have to find out how much exterior ply for a basic 3ft long 16 inches wide.

Bas icily what I meant was, if making a small hutch for temporary use, with the price of wood are you better buying one of these cheap rabbit hutches and convert and strengthening, or buy sheets of ply.I will have to find out how much exterior ply for a basic 3ft long 16 inches wide.

Made from one sheet :thumbs:

post-51785-0-55706100-1311171639_thumb.jpg

Ply is to pricey these days and stear clear of them crappy pet shop jobs not worth a toss

Made from one sheet :thumbs:

post-51785-0-55706100-1311171639_thumb.jpg

the ladies love 1 sheet :laugh:

Ply is to pricey these days and stear clear of them crappy pet shop jobs not worth a toss

Dont know anything about wood as you have probably guessed, is there anything else I could use for outside instead of ply.