going to make a ferret hutch

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 rabbit hutches attatched at a right angle,for the jills one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch underneeth those for the hobs, those are in the shed, I built shelving to put the 2 rabbit hutches on and i

Heres one i made, took some time to bend the bowed plywood but a good finish.       YIS D

Posted Images

hello pal iv just made myself a new ferret hutch what i did was copy off the ones that iv already got i made it out of 6mm ply wood and some 2"x 2" wood for the legs just copy the design off yours and either make it the same size or bigger.good luck :thumbs:

I've got 2 rabbit hutches attatched at a right angle,for the jills one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch underneeth those for the hobs, those are in the shed, I built shelving to put the 2 rabbit hutches on and inside I seperated parts and put holes in for them to climb through...had to reinforce the floor in the bottom run and have the 6ft x 4ft x 2.5ft outside run..

At the moment I have put the kits in one side and one of the hobs in another and screwed wood over the hole as the hobs are recovering from castration and still hormonal....

.... Just to give you some ideas of a setup, I know you want pics of own built hutches but like I say, this might give you some ideas.. plus the outside run was home made by me anyways

Sheds a bit of a mess at the moment Im on tidying it tomorrow..

The 2 hutches

IMG-20110718-00074.jpg

The attaching bit to run to other hutch

IMG-20110718-00077.jpg

The bottom hutch

IMG-20110718-00078.jpg

Inside the rabbit hutches

IMG-20110716-00072.jpg

One pic of the run since theres a thread with all the pics and the process of making it a few pages back..

IMG-20110708-00062.jpg

• Like 1

http://emob946.photobucket.com/albums/ad306/jamiem1/photo-88.jpg

http://emob946.photobucket.com/albums/ad306/jamiem1/photo-89.jpg?t=1311064292

http://emob946.photobucket.com/albums/ad306/jamiem1/photo-90.jpg?t=1311064313

here's my double hutch in the shed , the conecting corridor,and the outside run which isn't huge but all the room I have without taking over the garden all 3 levels conected , a ladder in the hutch conecting the two floors there's a tube and log in the outside run with a spare alfresco nest box to , If needs be all three can be closed off into seperate hutches ,

Edited by Jamie m

i am going to make a ferret hutch for my fore ferrets but i dont no how to build it like has any body got any ideas or pisc would be goos just to get a idea.

daryl :thumbs:

If I was you I would get a chicken coup off flea bay the price of timber is abseloutly ridicularse these days

ATB Seany :thumbs:

I've got 2 rabbit hutches attatched at a right angle,for the jills one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch underneeth those for the hobs, those are in the shed, I built shelving to put the 2 rabbit hutches on and inside I seperated parts and put holes in for them to climb through...had to reinforce the floor in the bottom run and have the 6ft x 4ft x 2.5ft outside run..

At the moment I have put the kits in one side and one of the hobs in another and screwed wood over the hole as the hobs are recovering from castration and still hormonal....

.... Just to give you some ideas of a setup, I know you want pics of own built hutches but like I say, this might give you some ideas.. plus the outside run was home made by me anyways

Sheds a bit of a mess at the moment Im on tidying it tomorrow..

The 2 hutches

IMG-20110718-00074.jpg

The attaching bit to run to other hutch

IMG-20110718-00077.jpg

The bottom hutch

IMG-20110718-00078.jpg

Inside the rabbit hutches

IMG-20110716-00072.jpg

One pic of the run since theres a thread with all the pics and the process of making it a few pages back..

IMG-20110708-00062.jpg

thats a right set up bud amazin how you fitted it all in that shed do the ferts mind being in the dark or do you put them in that wicked little play pen of a day? such a good idea with the two hutches .

i am going to make a ferret hutch for my fore ferrets but i dont no how to build it like has any body got any ideas or pisc would be goos just to get a idea.

daryl :thumbs:

Skips ? And the power of speach and asking politely for scrap wood anything slightly bent a good chipie won't use

If I was you I would get a chicken coup off flea bay the price of timber is abseloutly ridicularse these days

ATB Seany :thumbs:

• Like 1

thats a right set up bud amazin how you fitted it all in that shed do the ferts mind being in the dark or do you put them in that wicked little play pen of a day? such a good idea with the two hutches .

Theres a smallish window in the shed but during the day i have the door open anyways, I put them in the pen when im at home though. It looks darker because it was 9:20pm

it must be really simple to make one.

ive got a triple hutch and my 3 hobs get the top 2 with a ladder joining and the jill get the bottom one.

theres some really good ideas there for future reference.

i think at some point im going to buy a chicken coop, they seem really cheap and the price of wood these days is going up! a chicken coop+ a run and they will thrive with that.