Delete Option For Thread Starters

I'm sure there used to be a button on here in the past where the starter of a thread could delete it if he / she wanted to.

The button would only be visible to the thread starter.

It would do away with a lot of things, for example, the for sale section, where the items have been sold and the person selling can only edit all the entries they have made, but the title still remains.

If items were sold, the person could just go to the delete button and remove it, wouldn't it clear up a lot of space and confusion on the site??

Just a constructive suggestion.

B

Perhaps we might have a comment from a moderator,or even Admin??. I reckon its a simple fix, sure we used to have that facility on here years ago??, not 100% though.

b

I'd rather have that and empty up some of the space on here than have to wade through some of the sewage that gets abandoned on here. Or on the other hand, if someone starts a thread and then in the fullness of time thinks about it and decides its not what they really meant, or really wanted to do its just a way of getting rid of it. That way, in theory, only the stuff thats whanted is going to be left here.

Just my thoughts on it thats all.

Regards

Aye but all you will get is when folk start a thread and it doesnt go thier way they will chuck their toys and pull the thread.

True but it would clear a lot of web space up for sure.. :yes:

Aye but all you will get is when folk start a thread and it doesnt go thier way they will chuck their toys and pull the thread.

That might be a good thing pal. :yes: I'm all for debate, but it does tend to get a bit silly at times. Anyway, after a while people would learn not to get involved in a debate started by a serial thread puller if they wanted it to stay on the board. :thumbs:

It might also make some members have a think about what they are going to post before they actually post it, be a bit more responsible about it before starting a lot of shite off. Who knows, it's got to be an improvement. I'm suprised that a mod hasn't responded to it yet.

ATB

B

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bootsha, I personally don't think its a good idea, you could have numerous pages maybe 10, maybe 20 hat people have replied to the thread with, the starter takes the hump or for whatever reason removes it, all the time spent by the members posting is gone and lost... Better to just notify a mod OR use the report option and state the thread needs removing & reason..