Well lads I've £12500 to put to a new pickup what's your views I fancied a navara but I have heard all sort of bad reports same as the l200 with engines and half shafts going whats your opinions I want her to last are the isuzu any good and what about the hilux I had an old one what a cracking motor are the new ones as good

l200 the warrior or animal are the best models and try and get a 2.8 as timing chain

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt worry about awards mate,it the proof of useing one that counts,now towing,carrying weight,off road work day in day out is the test,ive had l200s and the best thing about them is the diff loc

I've a L200, great vehicles, lots of room in the back for dogs and equipment, also keeps the bad smells, mud and blood away from the cab area. Been literally everywhere with it, and as I type it made

Well lads I've £12500 to put to a new pickup what's your views I fancied a navara but I have heard all sort of bad reports same as the l200 with engines and half shafts going whats your opinions I want her to last are the isuzu any good and what about the hilux I had an old one what a cracking motor are the new ones as good

l200 the warrior or animal are the best models and try and get a 2.8 as timing chain

Sorry mate i dont get you, what do you mean "2.8 as timing chain"?.... :hmm:

Ranger Space cab,Suicide Doors Great access ,flip up bench seats in back .Forestry uses them with Dog /Gun box in back,leaves pickup bed clear for more gear ,dogs.With weight of gear in bed Helps with sliding. Fire serv.Power Co.'s Railtrack all use them..

if you get a mitsubishi l200 warrior or animal as there the better models but they normally got a 2.5td engine and they have cam belts witch normally cause the engine troubles with them same as the shoguns and pajeros but if you get one with the 2.8td engine it has a timing chain so without the belt being able to break u dont get the engine problems

if you get a mitsubishi l200 warrior or animal as there the better models but they normally got a 2.5td engine and they have cam belts witch normally cause the engine troubles with them same as the shoguns and pajeros but if you get one with the 2.8td engine it has a timing chain so without the belt being able to break u dont get the engine problems

I have a 60 plate warrior.....i have never heard of a 2.8 version....?. :hmm:

L200 are good but ground clearance is shite if you are doing any serious offroading.

Bottoming out knackers a switch on the diff which costs a couple of hundred quid to fix. Ours has been done 3 times in 2 years.

Apart from that they are good motors...they all have problems it is just damage limitation to find the best option for you.

If it were me I would go Hilux, isuzu rodeo, ford ranger then L200. Stay away from navara unless you like going to the garage frequently.

If you are only doing short trips and alot of offroad defender is king.

FTB

there imported the 2.8 version

there imported the 2.8 version

Have to look into that then..........176 bhp out the 2.5 so what do you get from the 2.8 i wonder????

• 3 weeks later...

Your not going to get a better value pickup than a l200, look at the 4work or 4life models simple vehicle designed to do what it says on the tin.

Mitubishi win commercial vehicle awards year after year (What Van? have voted it pick-up of the year no less than 15 times in 18 years!)..Pay more for a Toyota put it's not going to do the job any better. Stay well clear of Nissan, unless you work in a office and think you look cool driving one?

Your not going to get a better value pickup than a l200, look at the 4work or 4life models simple vehicle designed to do what it says on the tin.

Mitubishi win commercial vehicle awards year after year (What Van? have voted it pick-up of the year no less than 15 times in 18 years!)..Pay more for a Toyota put it's not going to do the job any better. Stay well clear of Nissan, unless you work in a office and think you look cool driving one?

i wouldnt worry about awards mate,it the proof of useing one that counts,now towing,carrying weight,off road work day in day out is the test,ive had l200s and the best thing about them is the diff lock button and thats about it.poor fuel consumption due to agresive turbo and to low gearing,ive had every 4x4 on the market even tatas,and been involved in servicing about 500 4x4 on a site in asia,and the only survivers after 4yrs of abuse are isuzu and toyotas.

• Like 1