Well lads I've £12500 to put to a new pickup what's your views I fancied a navara but I have heard all sort of bad reports same as the l200 with engines and half shafts going whats your opinions I want her to last are the isuzu any good and what about the hilux I had an old one what a cracking motor are the new ones as good

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt worry about awards mate,it the proof of useing one that counts,now towing,carrying weight,off road work day in day out is the test,ive had l200s and the best thing about them is the diff loc

I've a L200, great vehicles, lots of room in the back for dogs and equipment, also keeps the bad smells, mud and blood away from the cab area. Been literally everywhere with it, and as I type it made

Well lads I've £12500 to put to a new pickup what's your views I fancied a navara but I have heard all sort of bad reports same as the l200 with engines and half shafts going whats your opinions I want her to last are the isuzu any good and what about the hilux I had an old one what a cracking motor are the new ones as good

Navara all the way mate, no problems at all, 6 gears, 31 mpg ( so the computer says), quiet, smooth and cheaper than a hilux :thumbs:

right if you want the truth

nissan navara ive had four all top of the range

1st one axel blew up 5000miles

clutch 2x

2nd one clutch went 2000mile then 15000 miles

engine cut out doing 60 on motoway computer :icon_eek:

after a disscusion they gave me a new one :whistling:

3rd one clutch , shaft ends satnav heater all replaced

now i no you mite be thinking what the fooook do you carry on with them for

well when there running they are top draw and all mine have been fixed on warrenty

now the 4th clutch went 25000 , and :wallbash: now the axell just went iam now

looking else were vw maybe there new one looks the biz ive had hilux , ok

landy no room , disco no room, vw looks good test drive this week :thumbs:

I worked for Nissan main agents and still know plenty of lads in there and they are only good for 50,000miles,loads of problems as described by gone to earth,the engines wear out very quickly mate so beware,the 4x4 market is a very unreliable one these days as most have inbuilt faults that let the market down badly,if you really need an off road vehicle do a lot of research,I've worked for all the main agents and unless you're buying new where you're covered by a decent warranty they can be very costly,atb,wirralman

Be quick on the vw front I looked at them only a few left to buy new in the country excellent motor and only a two litre to boot vw couldn't tell me wether they would be realising more next year so secondhand price will stay high there not daft zee Germans I like the look if the navara but It needs to be reliable I think either hilux or isuzu is coming out in top so far was it the l200 new shape or the old one you had trouble with mate

• 2 months later...

Navara all the way mate, no problems at all, 6 gears, 31 mpg ( so the computer says), quiet, smooth and cheaper than a hilux :thumbs:

thats why they are cheaper than the hilux,because they are no where near as good FACT!!!!

ford ranger???????

heard the rangers are good,but i wont drive anything other than isuzu.a mate got a 06 navara from new done 60,000,had new clutch,and the 4wd props ujs gone .my isuzu done 170,000 on same alternator.he said my navara can out accelerate your isuzu and my reply was when your brokedown i overtake you then.

i tried everything to ear out a ford ranger. never managed before the gaffer changed it for a newer model. great motor. but light on the back end spin out far to easy in the wet

lol they all light on tail,love them wet roundabouts.