Gamekeeper seeks assistance Penicuik, Edinburgh

wouldnt do it for free keeper gets a wage why shouldnt you?i know it sounds great but will you still be at it when its freezing cold raining etc and head keeper is sitting in house warming his feet?

• Like 1

look guys when i was 16 i got a yts job with a keeper on a estate in ayrshire i wrked like :censored: for no thanks real crap pay long hours got my arse kicked all the time he was hard on me and i was out wrking in the freezing cold raining etc and the head keeper was sitting in the house warming his feet? but he was the boss he had dun all the shit jobs i had dun had his arse kicked for all the same stuff wrked out in the cold etc if you dont like the cold wet freezing weather and wrking long hours for shit £££ then dont go in to game keeping its not a job its a way of life . :)

Edited by Barry Drummond
  • Like 1

This is a post about an advert on Gumtree last year for helpers on the Penicuik estate.

The keeper who placed that ad is no longer with the estate and this offer has well expired. I spoke to the keeper last year about stalking and he had a couple of helpers (one form this site) but as I say , he has left and was never a member of this site anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

iv worked on a game farm for 3 rearing seasons pheasant and partridge it is hard graft earl;y mornings late nights boxing birds banging posts in all day feeding and getting pens and sheds ready for the next weeks birds building new winter pens for stock birds collecting eggs for the incubators now all that is left is to do is brail the stock birds nd that me back on the dole till next season but i love it just hope it might turn into something fuylltime