Conwy Valley Fox hound - Terrier & Lurcher Show

Guest earthdogfinder

Guest earthdogfinder

Well what can be said regarding the Conwy Valley Fox Hound Terrier and Lurcher show today 10/07/11 !! , in fairness i cannot really comment much on the Lurcher side of the show as I took no part and only the terrier side of the show interested myself - as a supporter of the hunt - or any hunt and as a terrierman . BUT as the day unfolded I was reliably informed the judge whom judged - most of the terriers was IN NO WAY a terrierman and only picked the full blown show pony ( for gods sake this was a hunt show which should promote and encourage the working terrier ,especially in this type of theatre ) .

I believe the judge was a Mr B Wylde - whom seemed to have a partner in the show ring with his tribe of non working show ponies which won 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize etc etc , this went on for I dont no how many sections of the show - sometimes showing multiple dogs in each section paraded by other people to attempt to indicate if they won it wasnt MR T Kettle,s terrier again , but those in the know knew much better .

Any DECENT genuine working terrierman should boycott this show in future - if this crufts type show judge and his best mate reappear here again ( check beforehand )

The entered terrier winner/judging wasnt much better , while i,d give " ken " one out of two for the winning entered terrier ( because it was a worker ) - i,d be very surprised if a silverback gorilla could have spanned this dog which may well have had trouble getting through the entrance of a bears cave , almost certainly alot of staffy in this black type .

Come on lads - we can do better than this surely ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE CONWY VALLEY HUNT SUPPORTERS CLUB RUN THIS SHOW TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE RUNNING OF THE PACK IT BEGGERS BELIEF THAT A SO CALLED TERRIERMAN AND HUNT SUPPORTER WOULD CALL FOR THE BOYCOT OF

Shows are for showing smart working type dogs not for dogs with no chins which seem to be paraded round these days, and half the dogs that go in the ring smashed up have only bin hole ended anyway, so

-- next year stay at home and send your donations through the post to any shows you would normally attend you dont seem to be a fan of them so dont go --- tony van load kettle is and as been well know

Posted Images

Well what can be said regarding the Conwy Valley Fox Hound Terrier and Lurcher show today 10/07/11 !! , in fairness i cannot really comment much on the Lurcher side of the show as I took no part and only the terrier side of the show interested myself - as a supporter of the hunt - or any hunt and as a terrierman . BUT as the day unfolded I was reliably informed the judge whom judged - most of the terriers was IN NO WAY a terrierman and only picked the full blown show pony ( for gods sake this was a hunt show which should promote and encourage the working terrier ,especially in this type of theatre ) .

I believe the judge was a Mr B Wylde - whom seemed to have a partner in the show ring with his tribe of non working show ponies which won 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize etc etc , this went on for I dont no how many sections of the show - sometimes showing multiple dogs in each section paraded by other people to attempt to indicate if they won it wasnt MR T Kettle,s terrier again , but those in the know knew much better .

Any DECENT genuine working terrierman should boycott this show in future - if this crufts type show judge and his best mate reappear here again ( check beforehand )

The entered terrier winner/judging wasnt much better , while i,d give " ken " one out of two for the winning entered terrier ( because it was a worker ) - i,d be very surprised if a silverback gorilla could have spanned this dog which may well have had trouble getting through the entrance of a bears cave , almost certainly alot of staffy in this black type

[/quote

Edited by hunt

Wernt you moaning last week about the astley show who cares whO wins or looses it was meant to raise money for a hunt jason works hard with his hounds good luck to him that's what I say it drew the crowds and made money just what it says on the tin

Guest earthdogfinder

Wernt you moaning last week about the astley show who cares whO wins or looses it was meant to raise money for a hunt jason works hard with his hounds good luck to him that's what I say it drew the crowds and made money just what it says on the tin

WELL personally i,d sooner send my donation through the post to jason - for any and all monies spent there , at least a dozen lads there i spoke to will NOT be returning again IF its the same judge , some well known terrier lads whom have travelled along way , Again if your going to have working terriers - of which hunts use --- plain and simple judge this by these standards ie of " A WORKING TERRIER " , The moinies raised will just be the same - and maybe just maybe more and more working terriermen would be willing to turn up also !!!

WELL personally i,d sooner send my donation through the post to jason - for any and all monies spent there , at least a dozen lads there i spoke to will NOT be returning again IF its the same judge , some well known terrier lads whom have travelled along way , Again if your going to have working terriers - of which hunts use --- plain and simple judge this by these standards ie of " A WORKING TERRIER " , The moinies raised will just be the same - and maybe just maybe more and more working terriermen would be willing to turn up also !!!

-- next year stay at home and send your donations through the post to any shows you would normally attend you dont seem to be a fan of them so dont go --- tony van load kettle is and as been well known for turning up at shows with more terriers than he can handle - all show stuff for years so nowt new thr -- did you handle any of the terriers on the day ? step between the ropes another day and give it a go -- i got fed up with seeing the same faces win week in week out dyed red and black well gromed and shown / handled like kc terriers -- i gave the show scene bollox stopped showing and judgeing -- sounds like you should do the same ..

• Like 1

I wasnt there yesterday so cannot comment on what happened , but i attended this show a few years ago with my lurchers and that time the judge was clueless aswell . But sadly there is a far bigger picture to this constant putting up of show dogs which obviously leads to the breeding of show dogs . Shows are now dominated by women in people carriers with endless amounts of unworked dogs armed with earbuds , brushes and other beauty products ! The sooner show organisers and judges start ignoring these dogs and owners the better and we might get true dog lads returning and perhaps then the true working lurcher /terrier will not become a thing of the past , as it is at the moment we face the situation of ending up like the cock fighters where we are an underground bunch , breeding workers in secret amongst a select bunch of friends .

• Like 1
Guest joball

I carnt comment on the terrier side, but theres different judges every year you carnt please every one the end of the day and it sounds like you got a problem with the peopleb showing there dogs more than anything, all i can say on my behalf the lurcher section was spot on.

The entered terrier winner/judging wasnt much better , while i,d give " ken " one out of two for the winning entered terrier ( because it was a worker ) - i,d be very surprised if a silverback gorilla could have spanned this dog which may well have had trouble getting through the entrance of a bears cave , almost certainly alot of staffy in this black type .

keep this one warm for me bit busy at the mo ill be back ;)

i`ll do my best :guitar::whistling::boogy::guitar::rocker: :dance: :guitar:

Ok Arnie!!!!! :boxing::boxing: :black eye:

if you boycotted every show tony kettle went to thr would`nt be many left --- :whistling: if your on here tk return some of the trophys your supposed to :wankerzo4: i know the jrtcea would like some of the ones that where in past memory of members i won a few and never got them coz you still had them -- or any show organisers on here if he comes to your show dont let him have your perpetual trophys or you wont see em again ...

Edited by the_stig
Guest earthdogfinder

if you boycotted every show tony kettle went to thr would`nt be many left --- :whistling: if your on here tk return some of the trophys your supposed to :wankerzo4: i know the jrtcea would like some of the ones that where in past memory of members i won a few and never got them coz you still had them -- or any show organisers on here if he comes to your show dont let him have your perpetual trophys or you wont see em again ...

The jrtcea ? - whats that , if you mean the jack russell terrier club of great britain , i am not in it and never have been , regarding organising shows - i also dont or have never done so , or own any trophys - for certain . So i have no clue who ever your on about , the only thing i do know is - this site is - THE HUNTING LIFE for fieldsports and hunts people , not faggots with show dogs, they should have there own site called - ( the tossers times), so anyone on here whom promotes the crap - scared of the dark show pony terrier should - organise that and stick with them

Guest earthdogfinder

TK - is c u n t , and should be banned !!!

The jrtcea ? - whats that , if you mean the jack russell terrier club of great britain , i am not in it and never have been , regarding organising shows - i also dont or have never done so , or own any trophys - for certain . So i have no clue who ever your on about , the only thing i do know is - this site is - THE HUNTING LIFE for fieldsports and hunts people , not faggots with show dogs, they should have there own site called - ( the tossers times), so anyone on here whom promotes the crap - scared of the dark show pony terrier should - organise that and stick with them

jrtc east anglia -- tk is tony kettle -- he the one who keeps all the perpetual trophys -- show organisers are the ones i was warning -- re read it and you`ll see i was`nt talking about you .. Edited by the_stig
Guest earthdogfinder

jrtc east anglia -- tk is tony kettle -- he the one who keeps all the perpetual trophys -- show organisers are the ones i was warning -- re read it and you`ll see i was`nt talking about you ..

Yep iam on it now , just on with a crappy migraine at the mo - must be all the reading about TK winding me up lol