Favourite .17hmr ammo

I have tried the tnt's, remingtons, hornady's and gamepoints. The hornady vmax seem to group the best. I thought the gamepoints were fairly good to but they did punch through and carry on going abit, suppose it doesn't matter if you head shot them.

Andy

Love the CCi TNT's... like you say they are terminal but don't go splat like the V-Max. Tried some 20gr cci gamepoints. Looking good on the headshots but maybe a bit too solid for body shots? Would be interested to hear peoples results.

Just got some remington premier magnum from the local dealer £12 for 50, he also had the hornady vmax for £10.80 I think, read somewhere the gold tipped remmys were a bit better so I just bought them....had a quick look out and shot 5 rabbits with them, didn't need to rezero the scope after using the ccis..I think I'll be using these from now on, especially on the corvids..

• 1 month later...
Whats your favourite ballistic or hollowpoint...I've only really used the hollowpoints cci and they are pretty potent, without creating too much damage.

17horncci.jpg

17hmrcs.jpg

well Ian, i have to say that my .17hmr just loves the v-max bullets, its a cz american heavy barrell, i find them great i've also shot tnt's and remmy's but best accuracy from v-max i chrony the bullets and the v-max was most consistant comming in at around 2550fps consistantly. wheras the other two bullets went from 2500 up to 2575fps i both. cleaning is a pain after i clean my rifle accuracy goes topot for about 15 rnds :angry: then tightens in again. anyone found this..... i just love the little fecker for all round plinking.