Osiris

well as some may know i had ordered a goshawk. however the breeder was constantly moving the dates back so i lost trust, my mind was flooded with him taking chicks from a nest and selling to me as finnish so i cancelled my gos. luckily i had only paid a £30 deposit. anyway, that weekend i went up to stockport with a friend who was picking up a gyr x saker, i decided i wanted one :D so i placed an order on a tiercel ready two weeks from that weekend. i picked him up on saturday, he weighed 2lb 3 7/8 oz. out of the aviary, he fed off the fist that night and his confidence is gaining. he is now down to 1lb 13 3/8 oz. and i am confident this is around his flying weight. this morning he ate 1 chick on the fist almost instantaneously so i am confident he will jump to the fist today or tomorrow. today we have been working on hooding and he seems to be getting used to it. he will be flown at a mix of quarry consisting of pheasant, gulls, corvids, duck and rabbit as i know the gyr side are quite fond of ground quarry. :thumbs:

his name is osiris, images of him are below.

s.jpg

dgjgyuhdtjudtyu8.jpg

this is the falcon my mate picked up, from different parents.

fHAWOV16.jpg

fHAWOV15.jpg