Kahles ZF 95 6x42 Sniper scope SOLD SOLD

Surplus to my needs I am selling a rare bit of kit.

Kahles ZF95 6x42 sniper scope with Butler Creek flip front cover. Externally the scope has been re-enamelled in flat black.

The glass can only be described as ' The colours and contrast you see with your MK1 eyeball is simply magnified by 6 times' Lenses are in top condition, image is superb as you would expect from the company that started it all off in the 1st place. This is a great scope in low light.

This scope is absolutely bomb proof, its made from a single piece of solid steel, the reticle is as sturdy as it gets, you can bang this around all day long and never have to worry about it not holding zero!

The reticle is a US military ranging reticle, this is not the normal rangefinding reticle that these scopes have for the Israeli Defense Force contract scope, as this was made for the US military market, also the 'warning radiation' sticker on the eye bell as the scopes were originally lit by tritium which had to be removed for the US contract.

Ocular lense has a fast focus adjustment and the reticle is in the 1st focal plain.

gallery_50435_3704_120263.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_1554307.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_1657779.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_28767.jpg

Both turrets have a firm action that give solid and repeatable click values, when you give it one click on windage you do only get 1/4" at 100.

The elevation turret has a ballistic cam set for M14 or 7.62/308 and can be dialled in from 50 to 800. You can still dial in distance for different calibres or use the holdover on the reticle.

gallery_50435_3704_844000.jpg

This scope does need 26mm mounts, Leupold 1" do fit nicely though as they are just over 1".

gallery_50435_3704_54567.jpg

For sale for £350ono, Or part exchange for another remmy 700 but in .223 1:9 twist with cash to you.

Many thanks for the PayPal payment Tim.

Postage on Friday 8th as its the earliest I can get to the post office.

Being sent by Parcel Force Global Priority International signed for.

Ill email you the tracking number and proof of postage, plus I get confirmation of delivery to you at your end.

A pleasure to do business with you.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 months later...

Mark:

I have finally made it home from work, Long summer away.

Had a chance to look at the scope you sent.

IT IS NOT A KAHLES ZF95 it is a Photonic scope that was made for a time and discontinued and was mainly for the Israeli market. Parts are no longer available and Kahles parts do not interchange. These scopes come up on Ebay at times and most go for under$125.00 The Kahles scopes on the ZF series ALWAYS have the KAHLES name on the eyepiece bell.

You should have named the scope properly so potential buyer's would not pay more than twice the value of the scope.

Let me know if you have a solution to the over price and I shall reply here in the forum.

Regards

Surplus to my needs I am selling a rare bit of kit.

Kahles ZF95 6x42 sniper scope with Butler Creek flip front cover. Externally the scope has been re-enamelled in flat black.

The glass can only be described as ' The colours and contrast you see with your MK1 eyeball is simply magnified by 6 times' Lenses are in top condition, image is superb as you would expect from the company that started it all off in the 1st place. This is a great scope in low light.

This scope is absolutely bomb proof, its made from a single piece of solid steel, the reticle is as sturdy as it gets, you can bang this around all day long and never have to worry about it not holding zero!

The reticle is a US military ranging reticle, this is not the normal rangefinding reticle that these scopes have for the Israeli Defense Force contract scope, as this was made for the US military market, also the 'warning radiation' sticker on the eye bell as the scopes were originally lit by tritium which had to be removed for the US contract.

Ocular lense has a fast focus adjustment and the reticle is in the 1st focal plain.

gallery_50435_3704_120263.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_1554307.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_1657779.jpg

gallery_50435_3704_28767.jpg

Both turrets have a firm action that give solid and repeatable click values, when you give it one click on windage you do only get 1/4" at 100.

The elevation turret has a ballistic cam set for M14 or 7.62/308 and can be dialled in from 50 to 800. You can still dial in distance for different calibres or use the holdover on the reticle.

gallery_50435_3704_844000.jpg

This scope does need 26mm mounts, Leupold 1" do fit nicely though as they are just over 1".

gallery_50435_3704_54567.jpg

For sale for £350ono, Or part exchange for another remmy 700 but in .223 1:9 twist with cash to you.

Hi,

Im very sorry you feel this way and have chosen to post your thoughts on an open forum Before contacting me by my private email, which you have as we have had many many emails going backwards and forwards about this scope.

Seen as you have decided to go straight to a public forum thats the way Im going to reply!

Your first email was about another Kahles scope i had for sale, unfortunately that sold to Australia, so I sent you this email on 4th July 2011:

Dear Tim,

This scope sold a week or so ago, sorry. Also price was just for scope.

I do have another Kahles scope for sale a ZF95 6x42 sniper scope with ballistic elevation turret for M14 7.62/.308 calibre. Elevation can be dialied in in intervals of 50yds out to 800yds as well as being able to use the ranging reticle with hold over for elevation and windage.

Glass is perfect and the colour and contrast are superb, basically what you see with your eye is the colur and contrast etc that you see through the scope, just 6x magnified.

Body is from one pice os solid steel abd diametre is 1.04" so 26mm rings , Leupold rings fit fine. Bultler Creek flip up front lens cover.

This is a US military contract scope and rare as rocking horse poo. Serial numbers are:

cat number 100086042

The reticle tracks perfectly and clicks are 1/4 at 100yds.

Originally the reticles came lit by tritium, but the US health and safety had them removed before issue, scope still has the radiation symbol on it.

I didnt want to sell this really as I would have to spend a lot more to get comparable glass quality, but as I had so much interest from my other scope I would see what the interest was in this one, seems they are now quiet sort after scopes for collectors and also have 2 guys in Australia interested, but to be honest havent heard anything back from them for a day or so.

Pictures attached in a skydrive album as they are high res images. And its the same type as this one that sold on US Ebay earlier this year http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270696513740+&clk_rvr_id=245574592747

Cost is £450.00GBP plus shipping to you by your preferred method.

Paypal accepted.

Thanks

Mark

So You had plenty of information, it was clearly stated as a military contract scope I also gave you the serial numbers and model numbers which, with a short amount of time on the big old internet tells you exactly what you are buying.

Also I emailed you a stack of photos on skydrive of the scope as well as the photos on here that clearly show the eyebell markings, serial numbers and model number as well as a link to a fleabay sale of another scope of the same make and model.

Also later that same day another email to you:

Hi Tim,

These scopes are no longer in production, and they were not released to civilian outlets, this model is purely a military contract scope. The reticles are different to the civilian ones as was the tritium illiminated reticle, the glass and constructions is also a much higher grade.

Basically if you can find one of these for sale in Canada, then send me the link to its where abouts and Ill buy it. They are as rare as rocking horse shit and hens teeth!

I only thought about selling it after I sold my ZF69 and 2 guys from Oz contacted me to see if I had some more of them, I told them I had this one and thats the story so far.

In all honesty Im not fussed about selling it as its got lots of history........

.............So its £450GBP Plus you pay for your choice of postage, And if you have a link to someone whos got these exact same scopes with serials cat number 100086042/ 93041311, then if they are cheaper than £675CAD plus GST either buy it or please do let me know where they are and Ill buy them :)

Cheers

Mark

So in the same day you get 2 emails from me along with loads of high resolution images on a skydrive, I clearly state its a 'no longer in production, military contract scope, along with photos showing the serial and model numbers.

Also I gave you a link to the exact same scope that sold on ebay a while ago.

IE playing up and wouldnt let me post the rest so here it is:

So you had plenty of high res images, serial numbers and model numbers, weas explained it was a no longer in production miltary contract scope. All the photos I sent you showed the eybell and the trinium warning label and the serial numbers,,also there are no Kahles marking on the scope as its a military contract scope, made by Kahles, with the serial numbers and model numbers and all the bloody pics I snet you I would have felt sure that you had researched and run through due dilligence with all the information you had to hand.

I posted this to Canada and the postage costs were more than you paid for, you agreed to pay the extra postage once you were back from your trip.

You paid for the excess postage weeks ago, so I guessed you were happy as you had the scope for months and had paid the postage owing.

Now some weeks later your not happy and post on here aksing what I am going to do about it?

Nothing, because of all that I have said above.

To reitterate my sale post, 3rd paragraph:

Google search done in 10 seconds

search string: kahles contract scopes

Result top of 1st page Google , I think youll find this is the scope you have from me, Be happy that you have a rare bit of kit with excellent glass.

http://www.opticstalk.com/israeli-contract-scope_topic3063.html

Mark:

I have contacted Kahles and was told they are not the maker of the scope and was referred to Photonics Optische. With both a Ph# and email.

I then Contacted Photonic and gave them the scope serial#. The scope WAS made for the Israeli's No the retical was not a U.S contract retical. The retical is used in different optics since the mid 80s by Photonic.

The parts for the Kahles ZF95 Will not fit the Photonic scope.This scope is a discontinued model.Kahles was taken over by Swarovski but does make the Kahles brand scopes. Photonics Optische is a subsidiary of Swarovski. Some of the ZFM in models made by Photonic such as the ZFM 6x42 on the Steyr SSG.

I may have still bought the scope even if you had the proper scope supplier. As stated in an email to you I had not seen the scope untill a few days ago. You had long since recieved all funds for the scope before I had made it home to see it by nearly 2 weeks.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

The internet is a wonderfull and quick place to find information!

So you have an SSG69 with a ZFM 6x42 scope that you have just bought? You do some digging to see what the ballistic cam is for your ZFM scope and find out that low and behold your Kahles ZFM was also not made by Kahles, blah blah blah - Full plot here;

http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/8852-SSG-69-p1

So for whatever reason your not happy with the bullet drop cam on your ZFM and you go searching for another elevation cam, they unfortunately dont exist anymore, but you come across my scope with an M14 7.62mm ballistic cam, so in haste and even though you have all the information needed to research accurately, you buy my complete scope which is in perfect working condition, because you want to strip out the elevation cam and stick it in your ZFM! Then you throw your toys out the pram because it doesnt fit and try playing up on here saying I have miss sold you an item!!!!!!!!

So now all your research has shown is that Kahles supposedly made your ZFM 6x42 scope on your Steyr, however when you contact them , they deny it and say it was made by Photonic, Photonic say they no longer make the scopes and you just go round in circles. I sell 2 Kahles scopes a ZF69 german post reticle and ZF95 with BDC reticle and even though we all know Kahles made them , because they were contract scopes and there are no parts available anymore they just give you the run around.

So now you have a ZFM that you want to know what the bullet drop cam is calibrated for and a ZF95 also with a M14 7.62 calibrated elevation cam.

Oh and dug this up too, seems this is Kahles making some ZF95 scopes that they claim they dont make, but are happy to tell you they are discontinued!:

http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-zf95-tactical-rifle-scope_topic667.html

Firstly I have no intention of refunding you any money, I think you gathered that anyway, seen as I sold what I advertised.

As for your elevation cams in your ZFM and the ZF95 I sold you:

ZFM I have no idea

ZF 95 ballistic cam is for M14 rifle with standard US FMJ ball round with 150.5gr bullet at MV 2800 ftps, Try zero at 100yds with elevation cam set at number 1 and then go out in 100yd steps to check for drop. I did hear that Kahles manual says to zero the m14 cam at 300yds for correct bullet drop. However the Kahles manual I provided you for the scope i sold you suggest zero at 100yds.

Good luck with your drop charts as all good marksmen make one for their rifles.

This ends my comments on this for good.

• 1 month later...

Mark:

What a crock. If you had read the whole question, It was not about your scope or the cam. It was on the cam on the ZFM on my SSG69 and what BDC. It worked out to be close to the 173 Lake city match, only I used the Berger 175 to match. No matter how many sites you go on or try to mke excuses for. You sold the scope as a Kahles it was not. It was made by Photonic. Look at how you worded the ad. It was my fault for not knowing my scopes and how the lettering will tell the difference. I now know. You are making it seem as though you are all knowing in this matter. The more you spout the less it seems you know. A little more research can help you out there.

Mark from your posting Oh and dug this up too, seems this is Kahles making some ZF95 scopes that they claim they dont make, but are happy to tell you they are discontinued!: http://www.opticstal...e_topic667.html

Mark: the year was 2004 alot of things happened since then.At the start of that page it stated they are being discontinued and only being built for military contract. If you take a close look at the photos you can clearly see the Kahles logo. It is on Kahles built scopes period. In your ad you say Kahles scope. But no Kahles markings the markings on scope ad scope trace back to Photonic Optische.

Edited by delta1