Another video

Mark

I'm aware of your friendship with John.A fact that many might not be aware of. So you and those as yet uninformed until now will understand why I consider your views some what biased. Having said that they are still worth the effort of answering.

Forgive me if I c&p the various points you have raised hopefully doing so will allow for specific answers rather than generalisations, and make for easier reading.

1. Robbo puts a video on here for others to enjoy and comment on but instead gets slagged off for it.

If aspects of the video raise questions, doubts or issues are people not entitled to raise them? one of the aims of forums such as THL is for the facilitation of discussion both specific and general. that discussion process in order to be beneficial to all requires the acceptance of the right to free speech. I have seen nothing that has been posted by Johns critics that has been derogatory, insulting or abusive. In fact its been quite the opposite. Unfortunately I can't make the same observation for either you or your friend John or from the likes of Foxdropper. You can't have it all I guess.

2.Now is that because he is not liked, or are others jelouse of the fact that he earns a living doing what others only wish they could do for a full time job? Is it because he is successfull and others dont like it.

Unlike you, I would never be so presumptuous to try and speak for others. As for the above I can only say I neither like or dislike the fellow, the fact that he earns a living from stalking, like many that I know, matters not in the slightest in as far as my views and opinions are concerned. As to being successful or not I am unable to determine that fact. I prefer to make judgements based upon known facts and well determined actualities not self reported or biased third party reports of such. For the record that too has no baring on my views.

3.All I know is that he is running a business the same as I am and for those out there who have been employed all your lives, you dont know how hard that is. and for those that have run a business who do know how hard it is then you should know better.These are very hard times for us all but to try to damage someones livelyhood in these times is very low.

FYI I do know how hard it is to run a business. I have been running one for close on 20 years. Yes, times are hard, so what? My view is given that times are hard businesses need to be more professional than they ever have been, they have to be more savvy, they have to more aware of what they post, what they do, and what they say on this thing called the internet. Unfortunately there are many businesses and many business owners that aren't. IMO I don't believe any of Johns critics have set out to damage his livelyhood, they have simply raised issues that have caused them concern. How having raised those issues the manner in which the subsequent posts have been handled by the various parties is another matter entirely. Better to remain silent and to let them think you're an idiot than to speak out and confirm it to all etc etc.

4. I am sickened of what should be an informative video being pulled apart by those who can not see further than the end of their nose. Cant those indiviuals see what they are doing to this site, that should be for the enjoyment of the forum members and instead is becoming a slagging match. And its not just once its all the Fu'king time.

What might appear informative to one can easily appear potentially dangerous, suspect, detrimental to others. Especially if the first is a relative novice and the second an experienced stalker. Proportioning blame is a subjective exercise and requires the process to be entirely unbiased if it is to hold any value and produce any meaningful result. Perhaps given the amount and in your words constant criticism attracted perhaps a little more judicial application of the engage brain before posting thought process might be just what the doctor ordered. After all posts and videos as submitted by choice. Its a simple matter of take away the ammunition means you take away the the criticism.

5. Some would say that this is just free advertising. It may be, so what. John has a good reputation and very large client list. He has a vast knowledge of Deer and all to do with them and should be in a possition where he may impart that knowledge to help others on this and other sites.

Please!It is free advertising! John has deliberately inserted a huge signature advertising footnote to his posts. For the sole purpose of promoting his business.I have no problem with the imparting of knowledge, that's one of the significant plus points in favour of the internet. But don't then start to cry foul when those views , and actions are questioned, subjected to scrutiny, are criticised by those that hold differing views. Especially if you repeatedly post the same. I am not saying that a person should give credence to every complaint or criticism offered. But when the same complaint or criticism occur regardless from whom, you have to start asking some serious questions. Arrogance and belligerence make for very poor interpersonal skills. Especially if they come by the shovel full.

6. I am honestly shocked that some of these members have not been banned as they have on other sites because this does nothing for the site, our image to the wider public or stalking in general.

It would appear that you are easily shocked. Perhaps a little too easily! Perhaps the reason those members you wish to see banned have been spared the chop due to this site more enlightened management, The moderators willingness to allow and accept intelligent free speak. There some forums that are less tolerant,less enlightened, and managed in a more draconian manner. To their detriment IMO. If you and your mate John feel happier there, who are we critics to argue with you.

thanks

Mags

Edited by Magdon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lets put it like this. Robbo puts a video on here for others to enjoy and comment on but instead gets slagged off for it. Now is that because he is not liked, or are others jelouse of the fact th

Was it you who asked about the legalities of one of your offspring going stalking alone at 17? Funny, as I would have thought firearms law was the first thing you were sure about when you leave the h

Then maybe you should try some H or otherwise :whistling: It may smooth and ease some of the excretia you seem to try to spread especially in some of your posts :tongue2:

Magdon.

You are all allowed your opinions, I have met Mark once and didn't even stalk with him but one of his staff.

face to face speech 20 mins tops.

if that constitutes freinds other than chat on here I have 1,000's, as usual you think you know the facts. you don't.

mark is a top bloke who works hard at what he does, respect for each other and what we do, does not make us friends.

But all this crap is killing this forum.

look at the topic you started it fell into a slagging match within 2 or 3 posts.

Is that a good thing??

You were banned from posting for 3 days after only 8 posts, doesn't that tell you something, you have also been banned from many of the other sites because of the nature of your posts.

If I post on here anymore which i am sickening of the attitudes I will not reply to you barryj(are you not the same?) or a few more.

How many other posters post here now anyway??

you will end up with another forum all to yourselves then you can enjoy each others topics and slate each other.

enjoy :blink:

Edited by john robbo

Is the chap inferring that im abusive ,derogatory or insulting ?

If his sensitive ears are offended ,well tough ,f**k off to another site and let those that actually post about deer do the posting .There are purely hearsay sites such as passion for talking so join that .John may have his faults ,i dont know him or anything about him but hes not afraid to show what happens in the real world .Anyone can criticise ,its easy.Put something up so we can all share your knowledge of the sport but that wont happen will it because your afraid ,afraid of what will inevitably be written as a backlash whether meant or not ,criticism is what scares these keyboard wonders .

Ps - i dont have two accounts on here either :feck:

John

Good to see you realising that others are entitled to express their opinions and refraining from whining to the moderating team claiming victimisation and deliberate disruption of a thread you might have started. A move in the right direction IMO

Thanks for the insight into your relationship with Mark. Completely unnecessary that it was. I'm sure you'll both be very happy together some where if not here.

Banned.... moi? :o:angel: You seem to know more about that than I do. How can that be one has to ask? Still it has no relevance. FYI I am no one else but myself. Who your other critics are I have no idea other than their various names across various fora. All I do know is there are enough of them. Whether you post or reply matters nowt in the overall scheme of things. AFAIC.

thanks

Mags

Is the chap inferring that im abusive ,derogatory or insulting ?

I infer nothing. The evidence speaks for itself. But then crassness has never been hard to come by fromcertain quarters.

Whilst never claiming to be perfect. I have never feared criticism.Its part of life. You can address it, take heed of it, and get over it.

Edited by Magdon

They reckon you cant polish a turd either but you can get a sheen on it if you you use some of that Preperation H on a asshole.

I bow to your knowledge in regards to polishing turds and the varied uses Prep H can be put too. You obviously have a wealth of experience on the matter.

I consider myself fortunate in that I have never had the discomfort of suffering from a case of the farmers.

Then maybe you should try some H or otherwise :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

It may smooth and ease some of the excretia you seem to try to spread especially in some of your posts :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Stu

As I said earlier I have to bow to your knowledge on matters appertaining to all things to do with excreta. Be it written, verbal or otherwise :notworthy:

I dont know much about excreta but there are some real shits on this site and the more I read the more I think that they should be banned as they add nothing at all.

Mark

Opinions are like buses Mark. Wait around long enough and another one will turn up. Like buses it doesn't mean that its the right one though.

I think the next bus you get on should have Terminus written on the front of it :D

Terminus is a Latin word that literally means boundary stone. It may also be used to describe the end of a road.

Edited by Caprelous

Gentlemen,having read this thread from the start, what was at the outset an interesting read, has degenerated into an adult style schoolyard quarrel.

To whoever is reponsible for the start of the shit slinging, well done, you should be real proud of yourself, you did a great job.

To the other readers of this thread that may have enjoyed it until all the handbag swinging started, notice on the bottom left hand side of the screen a button with report on it??, well if any replies cause offence or are either totally out of order or just put up to cause an argument, click on that button and bring the onanist who is reponsible to the attention of the admin team, simples.

I wonder how forthwright with their opinions some of these aggitators would be if they were met face to face and their identities were known to both parties concerned, not quite so I shouldn't think. Please stop spoiling threads, it'll ruin a good site to finish.

Regards

B

I think the next bus you get on should have Terminus written on the front of it :D

Terminus is a Latin word that literally means boundary stone. It may also be used to describe the end of a road.

Stu

The Latin lesson was unnecessary. I am fully cognisant with the various definition of terminus. Actually it comes first from the Greek word termon meaning boundary.

Personally I prefer the following definition.

terminus - the ultimate goal for which something is done,

goal- the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means" :victory:

Mark

I'm aware of your friendship with John.A fact that many might not be aware of. So you and those as yet uninformed until now will understand why I consider your views some what biased. Having said that they are still worth the effort of answering.

Forgive me if I c&p the various points you have raised hopefully doing so will allow for specific answers rather than generalisations, and make for easier reading.

1. Robbo puts a video on here for others to enjoy and comment on but instead gets slagged off for it.

If aspects of the video raise questions, doubts or issues are people not entitled to raise them? one of the aims of forums such as THL is for the facilitation of discussion both specific and general. that discussion process in order to be beneficial to all requires the acceptance of the right to free speech. I have seen nothing that has been posted by Johns critics that has been derogatory, insulting or abusive. In fact its been quite the opposite. Unfortunately I can't make the same observation for either you or your friend John or from the likes of Foxdropper. You can't have it all I guess.

2.Now is that because he is not liked, or are others jelouse of the fact that he earns a living doing what others only wish they could do for a full time job? Is it because he is successfull and others dont like it.

Unlike you, I would never be so presumptuous to try and speak for others. As for the above I can only say I neither like or dislike the fellow, the fact that he earns a living from stalking, like many that I know, matters not in the slightest in as far as my views and opinions are concerned. As to being successful or not I am unable to determine that fact. I prefer to make judgements based upon known facts and well determined actualities not self reported or biased third party reports of such. For the record that too has no baring on my views.

3.All I know is that he is running a business the same as I am and for those out there who have been employed all your lives, you dont know how hard that is. and for those that have run a business who do know how hard it is then you should know better.These are very hard times for us all but to try to damage someones livelyhood in these times is very low.

FYI I do know how hard it is to run a business. I have been running one for close on 20 years. Yes, times are hard, so what? My view is given that times are hard businesses need to be more professional than they ever have been, they have to be more savvy, they have to more aware of what they post, what they do, and what they say on this thing called the internet. Unfortunately there are many businesses and many business owners that aren't. IMO I don't believe any of Johns critics have set out to damage his livelyhood, they have simply raised issues that have caused them concern. How having raised those issues the manner in which the subsequent posts have been handled by the various parties is another matter entirely. Better to remain silent and to let them think you're an idiot than to speak out and confirm it to all etc etc.

4. I am sickened of what should be an informative video being pulled apart by those who can not see further than the end of their nose. Cant those indiviuals see what they are doing to this site, that should be for the enjoyment of the forum members and instead is becoming a slagging match. And its not just once its all the Fu'king time.

What might appear informative to one can easily appear potentially dangerous, suspect, detrimental to others. Especially if the first is a relative novice and the second an experienced stalker. Proportioning blame is a subjective exercise and requires the process to be entirely unbiased if it is to hold any value and produce any meaningful result. Perhaps given the amount and in your words constant criticism attracted perhaps a little more judicial application of the engage brain before posting thought process might be just what the doctor ordered. After all posts and videos as submitted by choice. Its a simple matter of take away the ammunition means you take away the the criticism.

5. Some would say that this is just free advertising. It may be, so what. John has a good reputation and very large client list. He has a vast knowledge of Deer and all to do with them and should be in a possition where he may impart that knowledge to help others on this and other sites.

Please!It is free advertising! John has deliberately inserted a huge signature advertising footnote to his posts. For the sole purpose of promoting his business.I have no problem with the imparting of knowledge, that's one of the significant plus points in favour of the internet. But don't then start to cry foul when those views , and actions are questioned, subjected to scrutiny, are criticised by those that hold differing views. Especially if you repeatedly post the same. I am not saying that a person should give credence to every complaint or criticism offered. But when the same complaint or criticism occur regardless from whom, you have to start asking some serious questions. Arrogance and belligerence make for very poor interpersonal skills. Especially if they come by the shovel full.

6. I am honestly shocked that some of these members have not been banned as they have on other sites because this does nothing for the site, our image to the wider public or stalking in general.

It would appear that you are easily shocked. Perhaps a little too easily! Perhaps the reason those members you wish to see banned have been spared the chop due to this site more enlightened management, The moderators willingness to allow and accept intelligent free speak. There some forums that are less tolerant,less enlightened, and managed in a more draconian manner. To their detriment IMO. If you and your mate John feel happier there, who are we critics to argue with you.

thanks

Mags

Well put

Thank you.

Well lets put it like this. Robbo puts a video on here for others to enjoy and comment on but instead gets slagged off for it. Now is that because he is not liked, or are others jelouse of the fact that he earns a living doing what others only wish they could do for a full time job? Is it because he is successfull and others dont like it. All I know is that he is running a business the same as I am and for those out there who have been employed all your lives, you dont know how hard that is. and for those that have run a business who do know how hard it is then you should know better.These are very hard times for us all but to try to damage someones livelyhood in these times is very low.

I am sickened of what should be an informative video being pulled apart by those who can not see further than the end of their nose. Cant those indiviuals see what they are doing to this site, that should be for the enjoyment of the forum members and instead is becoming a slagging match. And its not just once its all the Fu'king time.

Some would say that this is just free advertising. It may be, so what. John has a good reputation and very large client list. He has a vast knowledge of Deer and all to do with them and should be in a possition where he may impart that knowledge to help others on this and other sites.

I am honestly shocked that some of these members have not been banned as they have on other sites because this does nothing for the site, our image to the wider public or stalking in general.

Very well put mate .There are arseholes in most forums but we do seem to have more than most .Maybe Barry wats his face might one day surprise us all with a post that ouses experience and finnese that will make us all sit up and wonder at , but it doubt that some how ,nobhead .

Wow nobhead eh....................

how many nobheads (and its Knobhead by the way)do you know that owns and runs a £100m company?

OK you may be a parasite on society i dont know what you do?

All i ask is for John to keep it safe.

For the record i shoot about a 100 deer a year but i dont video any of them and before you ask safety comes first.

Well put

Stu

The Latin lesson was unnecessary. I am fully cognisant with the various definition of terminus. Actually it comes first from the Greek word termon meaning boundary.

Personally I prefer the following definition.

terminus - the ultimate goal for which something is done,

goal- the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means" :victory:

Caprelous is in fact correct in his definition. You see Terminus is the Roman god of boundaries thus boundry or boundry stone are the correct definitions.

Having looked at this conversation from start to finish I note that the banter can get a little brisk. I do hope my small interjection will not draw such heated debate.

Snuff

Well lets put it like this. Robbo puts a video on here for others to enjoy and comment on but instead gets slagged off for it. Now is that because he is not liked, or are others jelouse of the fact that he earns a living doing what others only wish they could do for a full time job? Is it because he is successfull and others dont like it. All I know is that he is running a business the same as I am and for those out there who have been employed all your lives, you dont know how hard that is. and for those that have run a business who do know how hard it is then you should know better.These are very hard times for us all but to try to damage someones livelyhood in these times is very low.

I am sickened of what should be an informative video being pulled apart by those who can not see further than the end of their nose. Cant those indiviuals see what they are doing to this site, that should be for the enjoyment of the forum members and instead is becoming a slagging match. And its not just once its all the Fu'king time.

Some would say that this is just free advertising. It may be, so what. John has a good reputation and very large client list. He has a vast knowledge of Deer and all to do with them and should be in a possition where he may impart that knowledge to help others on this and other sites.

I am honestly shocked that some of these members have not been banned as they have on other sites because this does nothing for the site, our image to the wider public or stalking in general.

Very well put mate .There are arseholes in most forums but we do seem to have more than most .Maybe Barry wats his face might one day surprise us all with a post that ouses experience and finnese that will make us all sit up and wonder at , but it doubt that some how ,nobhead .

Wow nobhead eh....................

how many nobheads (and its Knobhead by the way)do you know that owns and runs a £100m company?

OK you may be a parasite on society i dont know what you do?

All i ask is for John to keep it safe.

For the record i shoot about a 100 deer a year but i dont video any of them and before you ask safety comes first.

Well put

My spelling is nearer the mark maybe :tongue2: and yes i know of several nobheads that run middle of the road businesses .My point is that who are you to critise when we see nothing from you thread wise and lets face it this is the internet where face value is everything.I also shoot well in excess of 100 deer a year,some of which end up on here if im in the mood .Too many on here with a view thats neither helpful or backed up with an informative post .You may be an A1 sort of chap but you dont do yoursef any favours pulling others apart on trivia .

Your toned down reply is noted mate ,hopefully that will be the way to go .To answer your other question mate ,im pretty sure John is aware of the taxman as we all are ,especialy a turn over such as yours :boogie: .Chill out a bit and we will all get along fine :victory: