wats best ferreting dog any pic's

I use lurchers for ferreting,they don't work cover like a terrier but they catch bolters better than a terrier,they mark just as well at least mine do. :thumbs:

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Like anything if it works for you that should be enough.

thats a nice dog on the left

Which one mate? The shaggy one?

Or the wee black one bottom pic? Or slightly less wee, top pic?

bottonm left ,I like black lurchers, my last 2 have being black

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use lurchers for ferreting,they don't work cover like a terrier but they catch bolters better than a terrier,they mark just as well at least mine do. :thumbs:

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

That's Finn the Whippet.

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Ain't a lurcher though mate........it's a Whippet. :thumbs:

That there is a fox locating terrier wish I had more graft for him to be honest threw to the bully side bit large chested , balls the size of melons that little fecker in that pick the girl freinds son had hold of his bone I think lol very head strong little dog that one only one thing on his mind geting stuck in wether it's pray or bitches lol

Edited by Jamie m

210810013.jpg

001.jpg

070310005.jpg

Big difference in the two types my sons dog is a big greyhound/saluki mix and my little bitch is a kelpie x grew both very good in their own ways. and never let them tell you saluki have no intelligence he is a cracking dog the little one is 2 and this will be a good season if she stays un ripped by bloody barbed wire. :thumbs:

Depends what you want in a dog. If you want something to catch bolters as well as mark, then a lurcher would have to be the choice. If it was just something to mark, any old terrier would probably be the best bet - easier to transport, lower food bill, etc. :thumbs:

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

That's Finn the Whippet.

I Thought it was your dog Ideation he's nice

ATB Seany :thumbs:

I was hoping this lad was going to be a good ferreting companion but I just can't brake him to ferrets I don't no why ?????

http://emob946.photobucket.com/albums/ad306/jamiem1/photo-86.jpg?t=1310414799

ha ha ha

I know where you're coming from with breaking Terriers to Ferrets, they're a nightmare.

My young Bull X however is coming along great with the ferret. I used to let the Ferret run around the garden whilst I kept the Bull X on the lead, I held the Ferret and let the dog sniff it, and now I'm at the point where I am able to leave the dog off the lead with both running around the garden. Sometimes I see him looking at the Ferret with a look of "I wonder what that tastes like" look in his eyes, but I tell him and he walks away. I'd never trust him on his own with it, but so far so good :good: .