wats best ferreting dog any pic's

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my lakeyX marks well and digs well when alloud to, only thing with him is the wineing non stop! does my tities in!!

i dont think you can say that one breed of dog is best,alot of different dogs used for ferreting, a friend of mine has a small staf that mark for nothing its his ferreting partner, haha mine keeps me happy in what he does is i could kick the wineing from him then i would say perfect! haha

I'm with johnnyboy68, a good running dog beats a terrier hands down (apart from some ground i suppose).

I'd say our team of 3 - collie/grey, whippet and beddy/grey/bull/whippet seem to do the job :thumbs:

Although having said that i do want to add a decent terrier or small hound to the team.

Also there is a difference between a dog that come ferreting and a ferreting dog :thumbs:

we you all have the best dog /terrier if it do the job you we want them to then they are the best .each to there own but i say PATERDALES for get the rest have the best

never seen anybody use patterdales for ferreting they be sore on a rabbit.