BSA Ultra

I have been using quite a few air rifles in resent months to establish which one would be the best for my business as a professional pest controller, I have tried air arms, logan and just about most of the other makes, I have loaned the rifles from friends and gun suppliers, I have final settled on the BSA Ultra with the magazine. This little rifle is very light, a carbine and came with BSA scope and silencer, in all a very good combination. I have taken rabbit, pigeon, rats, squirrels and most species of corvid with this little gun. The gun is nicely finished for the price, it is very consistant with pellet placement, easily loaded and easy to fill/maintain. The only down fall is it is slightly noisey on discharge so if you have shy quarry species or you are not a good shot so need to get right up to a grouping of rabbits it could up set the rest of the group when you shoot the first coney. Anyone else tried the Ultra as a professional tool?

i owned one of these for a while, an idea for you mate would be to send it to John Bowkett and get it Blueprinted.He will almost double the shot count, set the power for you to pretty much what you wish as sometimes there low powered from the box,and he works the trigger,lessons the cocking effort and quietens them down aswel.but a good idea is to screw a weihrauch silencer on it....almost deadens it then...only sold mine as needed to fund something but wish i never did,although now i own a hw100k and although its a smoother gun i still miss my Bowketted ultra....Shot plenty with mine and culled a hell of alot of rats at a local shoot i had....brilliant rifles and very quiet with a weihrauch silencer :clapper: