buzzards

lurchers

i see theres a nother wite up in the countrymans about a nest of buzzards been shot.but the lads off sindicates and keepers no this never happens.as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

now go and think about your post :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

thats 1 thing i dont have to think about.i fly birds of prey,i have lurchers,terriers,ferrets my fac and sgc and i even going beating in the winter to,as for the lads getting caught hare coursing its there own stupit fault but shooting raptors is and has always been illegal but most of the trigger happy idiots want to learn what to shoot and what is illegal to shoot but its like everything else with most keepers it doesnt happen on there estate.what a load of bull and when i have been out with the dogs and guns ive had them asking me to get rid of them to which will never happen,as i like my wildlife just as much as the next person but in the keepers eyes its ££££££££££££ that they are loosing.so why shoud i think of my thread.

Are some folk just plain f*****g thick on here...? Of course its all about ££££, its there job, there livelyhood... :wallbash: Let me put it this way too you then.....If you owned a shop and everyday i came in and picked up a paper and a pint of milk and f****d off out the door how would you feel. You cant phone the police and its illegal to do anything to me......explain to me how you get around me making a dent in your profits please??????

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.th

Well mate.....i'm only 30 but been around pheasants since i could walk and i've only ever 'seen' a Buzzard take a poult once in my life. I have however seen buzzards loads of tiomes leave the pen when

WOW thanks for that insight habitat loss,modern farming and increased predation have obviously had no bearing on lapwing decline it's cause they look like magpies :blink:

i see theres a nother wite up in the countrymans about a nest of buzzards been shot.but the lads off sindicates and keepers no this never happens.as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

now go and think about your post :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

thats 1 thing i dont have to think about.i fly birds of prey,i have lurchers,terriers,ferrets my fac and sgc and i even going beating in the winter to,as for the lads getting caught hare coursing its there own stupit fault but shooting raptors is and has always been illegal but most of the trigger happy idiots want to learn what to shoot and what is illegal to shoot but its like everything else with most keepers it doesnt happen on there estate.what a load of bull and when i have been out with the dogs and guns ive had them asking me to get rid of them to which will never happen,as i like my wildlife just as much as the next person but in the keepers eyes its ££££££££££££ that they are loosing.so why shoud i think of my thread.

Are some folk just plain f*****g thick on here...? Of course its all about ££££, its there job, there livelyhood... :wallbash: Let me put it this way too you then.....If you owned a shop and everyday i came in and picked up a paper and a pint of milk and f****d off out the door how would you feel. You cant phone the police and its illegal to do anything to me......explain to me how you get around me making a dent in your profits please??????

well put mate, you would think you could count on the hunting/shooting community to stick together. but i seems like its not just the townies who are ignorant loud mouths. If you want to talk out your arse about things you know nothing about, go post on the RSPB forum Lurchers

thing that pisses me off lads is the falconers spout on about keepers all holier than thou like yet there house isn't any where near in order what with taking eggs and chicks through to selling unregistered birds :thumbdown: :thumbdown: they need look a bit closer to home.

thing that pisses me off lads is the falconers spout on about keepers all holier than thou like yet there house isn't any where near in order what with taking eggs and chicks through to selling unregistered birds :thumbdown: :thumbdown: they need look a bit closer to home.

AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? It isn't the Falconers that are doing it! There isn't a market for 'stolen' wild birds. It is illegal to sell certain registrable birds without the correct paperwork. I have 'crossed swords' with both you and lab-tastic recently over a similar subject. And as I seem to recall everything went quiet when you were faced with the 'FACTS' regarding white tailed eagles being re-introduced after their demise in at the hands of Keepers and farmers, the last one being shot in 1918!

Yes hare coursing is just as illegal as the shooting of raptors but it still goes on. There is no denying it.

As far as the Falconry house being 'in order'? IT IS! If a falconer were to flout the law and be caught doing so then they would be ostrasised by the falconry community. The powers that be work tierlessly to improve standards of husbandry and practice. I would like to remind you that falconry is over 4,500yrs old and has change little in that period of time. How long has keepering/shooting been around?

Yes! Falconry practices and equipment have been refined but the princaples remain the same. The Falcon regards all men as equals, she owes them nothing. Kings and princes have knelt before her, She returns because she wishes to. If she chooses not to return, then there is nothing in their power that can make her do so. FACT!

Edited by EskdaleHawks

AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? It isn't the Falconers that are doing it! There isn't a market for 'stolen' wild birds. It is illegal to sell certain registrable birds without the correct paperwork. I have 'crossed swords' with both you and lab-tastic recently over a similar subject. And as I seem to recall everything went quiet when you were faced with the 'FACTS' regarding white tailed eagles being re-introduced after their demise in at the hands of Keepers and farmers, the last one being shot in 1918!

Yes hare coursing is just as illegal as the shooting of raptors but it still goes on. There is no denying it.

As far as the Falconry house being 'in order'? IT IS! If a falconer were to flout the law and be caught doing so then they would be ostrasised by the falconry community. The powers that be work tierlessly to improve standards of husbandry and practice. I would like to remind you that falconry is over 4,500yrs old and has change little in that period of time. How long has keepering/shooting been around?

Yes! Falconry practices and equipment have been refined but the princaples remain the same. The Falcon regards all men as equals, she owes them nothing. Kings and princes have knelt before her, She returns because she wishes to. If she chooses not to return, then there is nothing in their power that can make her do so. FACT!

Well said mate, something happens when a man's got a gun in is his hand, he suddenly thinks he's far superior to the rest of us.

Who gives a monkeys how long falconry has been around. Its not a multi-million pound industry so its been pushed aside by Shooting...... :toast:

Sorry if i never answered your eagle question, i can put my hands up and say i dont know much about them. You obviously do so please enlighten me again in your wisdom of such a beautiful and majestical bird...... :icon_eek: If they were eradicated by Keepers then they must have been causing a problem surely, generally keepers are very busy people so i'd imagine they didnt do it for the fun of it eh?.

All you lot with your blinkers on and you cant see the wood for the trees. Let there be a cull period for keepers to control problem raptors, no not eradicate, CONTROL NUMBERS!!!!!

Please tell me how we can look after our birds without them being decimated by BOP's and keep within the law please, you seem to know all the answers......?

With this being in the Falconry section i cant see you getting many folk thinking it's right to shoot bird's of prey that are trying to survive..i for one certainly dont agree with it.

With this being in the Falconry section i cant see you getting many folk thinking it's right to shoot bird's of prey that are trying to survive..i for one certainly dont agree with it.

Well thats your opinion and your intitled too it. Fact is there becoming a nuisance now so somewhere along the line something will have to be done.

Well thats your opinion and your intitled too it. Fact is there becoming a nuisance now so somewhere along the line something will have to be done.

Fair do's but for some reason i cant see a legal cull on any protected bird's being put in place anywhere soon if ever.

Fair do's but for some reason i cant see a legal cull on any protected bird's being put in place anywhere soon if ever.

Aw well that just puts keepers inbetween a rock and a hard place so they'll just carry on regardless.

why was this falconer banned from keeping birds then????he only ran like the worlds largest falconry forum :blink: :blink:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Fined-banned-keeping-birds-prey/story-11661859-detail/story.html

Is it not also the case that removing chicks and eggs was common practice and only the advent of dna testing stemmed the tide more than happy to furnish you with the link to the rspb white paper that was presented to the 2007 defra consultation where the rspb defended keeping the bird registration scheme to prevent the taking of wild birds in particular peregrine and gos.

you aimed the question about white tailed eagles at me I will answer having reveiwed the thread I did not enter into any discussion with you re wte I have no opinion on them they do not affect me and I doubt they will I do wonder about labs question though they where eradicated for a reason just because we have short memory's dose,nt mean we were wrong

Edited by danw

why was this falconer banned from keeping birds then????he only ran like the worlds largest falconry forum :blink: :blink:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Fined-banned-keeping-birds-prey/story-11661859-detail/story.html

Is it not also the case that removing chicks and eggs was common practice and only the advent of dna testing stemmed the tide more than happy to furnish you with the link to the rspb white paper that was presented to the 2007 defra consultation where the rspb defended keeping the bird registration scheme to prevent the taking of wild birds in particular peregrine and gos.

you aimed the question about white tailed eagles at me I will answer having reveiwed the thread I did not enter into any discussion with you re wte I have no opinion on them they do not affect me and I doubt they will I do wonder about labs question though they where eradicated for a reason just because we have short memory's dose,nt mean we were wrong

well im sorry knobby i have never been a townie and never will.i think you and labtastic is riding each other as when there is a raw nerve hit both of you pop up together giving it large.now ive had and worked lurchers,terriers and ferrets for over 31yrs i flown bops for 15yrs so go and twist onto somebody else about the hare coursing as that has only been band a couple of yrs but shooting bops always has been illegal.everybody is entitled to there opion as you are with yours but its like everything else it is 1 of them that doesnt like been talked about and as i said ive always liked my wildlife but im far from a rspb member or rspca member.dont try to judge somebody you dont know and probly never will unless i poach where you go then i might show you a trick or two but if you seen my record im far from prim and propper.atb to yous and enjoy the debate.

well im sorry knobby i have never been a townie and never will.i think you and labtastic is riding each other as when there is a raw nerve hit both of you pop up together giving it large.now ive had and worked lurchers,terriers and ferrets for over 31yrs i flown bops for 15yrs so go and twist onto somebody else about the hare coursing as that has only been band a couple of yrs but shooting bops always has been illegal.everybody is entitled to there opion as you are with yours but its like everything else it is 1 of them that doesnt like been talked about and as i said ive always liked my wildlife but im far from a rspb member or rspca member.dont try to judge somebody you dont know and probly never will unless i poach where you go then i might show you a trick or two but if you seen my record im far from prim and propper.atb to yous and enjoy the debate.

Please show me where I accused you of being a townie?

how can you honestly post a complaint about others breaking the law when you openly talk of poaching you judge keepers yet dont wish to be judged your self you must see the hypocrisy in that.

P.s when you say shooting bop has always been illegal just when do you think those laws started?given that henry Viii made egg stealing illegal except for buzzards and james the 1st of scotland ordered the destruction of all buzzards?

Edited by danw

If you read the article which you have so kindly provided it says Paul was convicted of selling a Gos without the correct paper work. It also says that there was no suggestion of cruelty or that the birds were wild taken! He was found guilty of selling the bird illegally and without the correct paperwork and being in posession of 3 unregistered birds! This does not mean that they were originally wild birds mearly captive bred but unregistered. The Registration scheme is still in place! and it works. I personally wouldn't touch a bird if it wasn't closed rung and with all the realevent paper work. As for the White tailed eagles being eradicated for a 'REASON' could that reason possibly be that Man could and usually does Fcuk up everything he touches? There are lots of creatures that have been wiped from the face of the earth by Man and for what? Because he can? or were those individuals 'protecting' their assets? I think not!!

If you read the article which you have so kindly provided it says Paul was convicted of selling a Gos without the correct paper work. It also says that there was no suggestion of cruelty or that the birds were wild taken! He was found guilty of selling the bird illegally and without the correct paperwork and being in posession of 3 unregistered birds! This does not mean that they were originally wild birds mearly captive bred but unregistered. The Registration scheme is still in place! and it works. I personally wouldn't touch a bird if it wasn't closed rung and with all the realevent paper work. As for the White tailed eagles being eradicated for a 'REASON' could that reason possibly be that Man could and usually does Fcuk up everything he touches? There are lots of creatures that have been wiped from the face of the earth by Man and for what? Because he can? or were those individuals 'protecting' their assets? I think not!!

So your saying that the eagles were eradicated by Keepers because they can and it wasn't cause they were causing damage then....? :hmm: I thought i remember you saying that you were often out working with a keeper so surely you know they dont have the time to run about the countryside shooting BOP's for no reason other than 'cause they can'?..... :hmm: